Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it is out there, or rather it was.

The difference is a grandparents birthday party is going to look like this: "Here we are at Beekarina's party, me and Alex down by the dock with our margs. Cheers!" followed by 25 people on Facebook saying " You guys look great! So cute!" etc.

Teens are more likely to be on SnapChat, TikTok (maybe), whatever BeReal is (new one to me), or the multiple instagram accounts, where it would probably be blurry shots of someone laughing, group partying, etc.

They have a "public" social media that is for parents to see, and others we have no idea about, or little idea about. Healthy to a degree, but potentially scary and problematic.
Trust me if it was out there, we'd have seen it. Friends would be leaking it out to other friends then that friend shows it to someone else etc. until eventually it finds a way onto SM for all to see.

IMO, if this was an intentional coverup, the car would have to be taken and hidden if something bad happened inside it that could be traced back to someone (fingerprints, DNA, etc.).
IMO if the car was taken because something bad happened inside the car would have been torched to destroy all evidence like in so many other criminal cases and the car would have been found by now.

IMO if the car was taken because something bad happened inside the car would have been torched to destroy all evidence like in so many other criminal cases and the car would have been found by now.
It seems that way, but in fact, that's not really true. Cars get parked, and ignored. Kiely hasn't even been gone 2 weeks yet - her car could easily be in some parking lot, or down some winding dirt road, or in someone's garage, or in a park and ride lot, or anywhere where it wouldn't be noticed. Especially if a perp thought to steal and replace the license plates - then, on such a common car as a silver CRV, it can stay there almost virtually forever.

I wonder if there was another set of keys to Kiely’s vehicle.
I wondered that when her mom went to the site the next morning. I would have been clicking the alarm etc myself, but I do that when I "lose" my car in lots, and she was probably so upset that it wasn't on her mind. She might have tried it though? If Kiely crashed nearby, but not in water, her alarm might go off?

Edited to clairfy: I have spared for my teens and my sisters on a ring, so would have been a grab and go for me.

The party could have split up to secondary locations, she called SS just to be sure not to leave her there or find out if she wanted to go along to the next location and then immediately turned her phone off as she was leaving the area since her mom could access her location. My feeling is a second location, hence no real information forthcoming. JMO.

It seems that way, but in fact, that's not really true. Cars get parked, and ignored. Kiely hasn't even been gone 2 weeks yet - her car could easily be in some parking lot, or down some winding dirt road, or in someone's garage, or in a park and ride lot, or anywhere where it wouldn't be noticed. Especially if a perp thought to steal and replace the license plates - then, on such a common car as a silver CRV, it can stay there almost virtually forever.

There are so many major airports within a tank of gas too. Swap the plates, long term parking...(I'm sure they're looked into this sort of thing though?)

Vegas isn't that far away, and god knows what could go on there. Not to mention how desolate sections are between Reno and Las Vegas IF anyone had a mind to be out there....

garage!!!

Fancy portapottys?
Often these days, vault toilets are composting. In a campground, they are often the task of the host to clean (in return for a camp spot with electricity, etc.), and they can be super clean! This also minimizes fecal runoff going to nearby bodies of water, incidentally. People need to know how to use them correctly, however..... Instrux next to the toilet.

I would guess with a party this large, the guys were using the woods (not a bad thing for urine, because it disperses the liquid; it's also the recommended location for guys to urinate in the wilderness for this reason; also dry poop composts better). The few toilets that would be available (certainly not enough toilets for a huge crowd!) would be used by women and poopers, I would speculate.

With a party this large, I would think the toilet area was busy, but mostly women.

End of my bit on vault toilets, but this might give you an idea about people-flow and dynamic in the campground.

I don't know if they are still having issues with people not speaking up. They are being flooded with tips and on Tuesday Kiely's mum spoke with NBC (Bay Area) and said this…
“People aren’t talking to us”: Placer County Sheriff’s Office

Search for missing California teen Kiely Rodni stalled as partygoers refuse to cooperate with cops

Last edited:
Placer Co Sheriff:

8/18/2022 -- Today is day 13 of the investigation for 16-year-old Kiely Rodni. The Placer County Sheriff’s Office and Nevada County Sheriff's Office continue to deploy numerous resources to locate Kiely and her vehicle. Kiely was reported missing on August 6th, after she attended a party with 200-300 juveniles and young adults at the Prosser Family Campground, in Nevada County. The Placer County Sheriff’s Office is leading a task force of detectives from local, state, and federal agencies – they continue to follow up on leads and conduct interviews to find Kiely. The Placer County Sheriff’s Office Dive Team and Off-Highway Vehicle Team searched by water and by ground, Wednesday, but were unable to locate Kiely and her vehicle. The figures outlined above are reflective of investigative and search and rescue efforts from August 17th.
: _@.. -- : () - .
, :
➡️
https://linktr.ee/placersherif
⬅️

1660918831070.png

The only issue with this is we're really speculating. I get that we're speculating about a lot of things, but teen girls hanging out on a Saturday making food doesn't strike me as that weird or nerdy, as you put it. Cooking shows are popular. Pinterest, TikTok, Instagram--all full of foodie stuff.

AFAIK, no one said they brought the creme brulee to the party. We do not have any account of the girls handing out creme brulee, spiked or otherwise.

One of the young women in my teens social circle was an excellent cook by 15 or so. She was in a couple of activities with one of my teens and by 16 the parents were paying her instead of local bakeries or caterers for cakes and so on for events. She was not "nerdy" at all, and to use your example of passing out chocolate chip cookies at a party like this one? I could totally see her doing it. Straight old chocolate chip cookies, because she was ALWAYS bringing food for the other kids, and in addition to being a substance fueled mess, this WAS a "senior send off".

And FWIW, going around *saying* "Man, I am going to get SO EFFED UP at the party tonight!" does not mean you actually did.

Young people are prone to exaggeration and trying to one up, right?

I'm sure Kiely was drinking, but we don't know what else she did. No one has said. All we really have is SS saying they drank together, and then giving somewhat conflicting accounts of how impaired Kiely was.
ok...to be clear. my first thought is that she had an accident and it wasnt foul play.
But we are also theorizing, and speculating, foul play scenarios. Way upthread someone was writing about what they may find in her car if they found it and speculated there would be little plastic containers of creme brulee. Maybe I was wrong to think that had been discussed earlier in the thread.

I mean some on here have speculated that maybe she had been one
of the fight contestants, and died as a result...we have no evidence of that, its legit speculation.

Lots of posters, but not me, have speculated she ODd and her good friends disposed of her body. We also have no evidence of that!

Being a chef I totally understand that it is not nerdy for young ones to get together and make something challenging or fancy. Its ok to disagree with my theory, but your rationale is dated. Edibles are raging now in that age group, in my day, not true at all, but KR age group uses edibles more than smoking. I know this because I have a son in that age group, and yes, he gets together with his friends to make cookies, brownies, banana bread, etc, ALL with weed or ghee
butter as they call it.

IF, and its a big IF and only a theory, they had been sharing creme brulee with the crowd there, I guarantee the first question they would be asked is, if it had anything in it. If the answer was, just regular, they wouldnt have enjoyed the social flitting and recognition SS descibes them as getting.

I mean this was a crowd that was cheering on fighting, not budding tik tok chefs

I think water will do that "trick" much better, although forensics are developing too. I'm still not sure Kiely (or her car) ended up in the water. For now it's seems to be the most likely scenario. Or a road accident happened. Against that is the fact she and/or her car are still not found after many searches on land and in water and the time passing since the party. That happens sometimes, sadly. I think I lean back and see what happens for a while.....Some hope left here, but somehow I sense this is going to be a recovery one way or another.

ITA. People tend to think that if a vehicle is involved in a situation where foul play might be involved, and not found immediately, it must be ditched in some remote location, or inside a garage or covered structure, or pushed into a body of water or torched somewhere, or end up in a chop shop. While that is very often the case, very often the car is left in a busy public place like a parking lot, where it may remain unnoticed for a long period of time, even if there is a police BOLO out on it. I just followed the case here, as did some of you, of a young woman in San Antonio who disappeared on her supposed way to work one morning. Ultimately, her car was found in a busy shopping center parking lot, right on her main route to work, about 10 minutes from her home. It had been there 18 days, with her inside. This was despite there being a BOLO out, security guards patrolling the lot, and substantial media attention. There also was the case of a man, some years ago, who was found inside his truck, parked at Kansas City International Airport, about 45 minutes from his home. The truck had been parked there, with him inside, for eight months!

Shopping centers, airports, hospitals, any public area where many cars seem to come and go, are all great places to abandon a vehicle. While these are but two examples, vehicles being left hiding "in plain sight", are not uncommon at all, and they are not always found quickly, especially if they are not in the immediate area in which LE are actively searching. JMO

“People aren’t talking to us”: Placer County Sheriff’s Office

Search for missing California teen Kiely Rodni stalled as partygoers refuse to cooperate with cops

Over the past several days we have received duplicate tips from citizens, and it has slowed our detectives down from pursuing credible leads. Please read full post here: http://shorturl.at/dOT13 #FindKiely #PCSO
Afbeelding

10:35 p.m. · 18 aug. 2022·

First they plea for the community to sent in tips, even stating adults are holding it back, now the tips are slowing them down. It's complicated for LE, I don't envy them...of course people want to know what happened with their tips and LE can't answer to everything they followed up or didn't, for obvious reasons.

SS: "AND THEN, WE, HAD A FEW OTHER FRIENDS IN THE CAR".

Note she says "other friends". This suggests there were more than SS and KR at KR's car before "a few other friends" arrived. If it was just SS and KR at her car, would she not say we were joined by friends omitting "other".
Just how many people were at KR's car before they "all decided" (debate and or argument) to go back to the party?
Did something else occur at KR's car that SS has not disclosed??

MOO

SS: "AND THEN, WE, HAD A FEW OTHER FRIENDS IN THE CAR".

Note she says "other friends". This suggests there were more than SS and KR at KR's car before "a few other friends" arrived. If it was just SS and KR at her car, would she not say we were joined by friends omitting "other".
Just how many people were at KR's car before they "all decided" (debate and or argument) to go back to the party?
Did something else occur at KR's car that SS has not disclosed??

MOO
It doesn't read to me in that way. SS and KR are friends and their other friends joined them.

"a few other friends arrived"

I think she probably meant:

"a few of our other friends arrived"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads