Identified! NY - Adult Female Wearing Carolina Boots - Adidas Jogging Pants - Pink Top and Heart Ring in Morris - Aug'22 - Laura Rous

I really don't like to suggest such recent MPs in UID cases -- of course, we hope all the missing persons are found safe; it might seem some measure more palpable of a hope when they are more recently missing, if I may say. That being said (and I hope that this MP is still safe and sound somewhere), I did notice a similarity in the gold chain worn in the picture.

Google said both Brocton & Chelsea MA are around 4+1/2 hours drive from Morris NY.

I would send this girl in. The chain looks very very similar, she fits the demographics, and Morris, while remote, is only 10 or so miles north of I-88, which connects to I-90/Massachusetts Turnpike near Albany. Very direct route.

this is my mother’s area. how strange, there’s nothing really in that town whatsoever and it’s very small and quiet. she is friends with all the local homeless folks so i will ask if there’s anyone she hasn’t seen recently. wow, surprising.

The area is not too far from my family, as well. I agree it is small and quiet, hope your mom is able to find out something. Though the area itself is quiet, Route 23, which runs through Morris is busy. Further on, around Oneonta, Interstate 88 is there (may have been mentioned), which widens a bit where she could have come from. I hope more info comes forward soon. I found only one girl with ties to Morris who it could be, but she went missing a few years ago and is a few inches taller than the stated height.

i believe the chains are different styles but still sounds plausible as heck
I agree, plus there's no indication she was wearing the chain when she went missing and there are many photos of her not wearing it. In fact, I think that poster photo is the only one of her with it on.

Graphic comment regarding time of death:

The people who found her noticed a strong smell. Wouldn’t that indicate that she hasn’t been there very long? During decomposition, I believe the strong odor is typically in the first 10 to 25 days. Especially since it’s been a hot summer in the Northeast.

I really don't like to suggest such recent MPs in UID cases -- of course, we hope all the missing persons are found safe; it might seem some measure more palpable of a hope when they are more recently missing, if I may say. That being said (and I hope that this MP is still safe and sound somewhere), I did notice a similarity in the gold chain worn in the picture.

Google said both Brocton & Chelsea MA are around 4+1/2 hours drive from Morris NY.
Djeez, not anybody's fault on here, but I can't open the articles due to privacy rules between countries and Namus seems to have hick-ups.

Sorry, we couldn't find that page, or it is currently not accessible.

Laura Rous

Otsego County, N.Y. — Human remains found in a remote part of Upstate New York have been identified, troopers announced Friday.

The woman was identified as 38-year-old Laura L. Rous of Otego in Otsego County, according to a news release by State Police. Otego is a town of 3,100 people southwest of Oneonta.

She was found wearing Adidas jogging pants, a pink tank-top, a lightweight black jacket with a pink zipper and Carolina brand boots, troopers said. A silver adjustable heart ring and a gold chain necklace were found by Rous’ remains, troopers said.

Rous had not been reported missing. Dembinska said.

Investigators are now working to determine the circumstances surrounding her disappearance and death, police said.

Last edited:
Accordung to social media posts by her friends (there are many), LE is treating it as a homicide: She was found dismembered, too. She was a mom to several kids, the youngest only a few months old.

So sad. I hope theyll catch her killer soon.

One post said the police are treating this as a homicide. Another said she had been there about two months but I don’t know if there would be a strong odor after that long in the summer heat. Until we get info from either police or msm that is speculation.

Djeez, not anybody's fault on here, but I can't open the articles due to privacy rules between countries and Namus seems to have hick-ups.

Sorry, we couldn't find that page, or it is currently not accessible.

For a moment I was hopeful she had been safely found, but the NamUs page for Jessenialyz Jones is still up. Still hopeful she's been found safe and the page is left up in error. Otherwise, I hope she will be found safe, very soon. I'm so glad this thread wasn't about her, and so sorry for Laura Rous and all her loved ones.

Wondering why Laura wasn't reported missing (per LE statement in article upthread) -- especially if she had children -- and for how long she was unaccounted.

Has there been any specificity as to where in Morris she was found?

Facebook is going kind of wild about this one. From what I've read (and of course, haven't taken as gospel), Laura was an addict that dropped in and out of her family's lives, hence why they didn't immediately think anything had happened to her. I'm guessing she didn't have custody of her children? But again, just what I'm reading. RIP Laura.

Wondering why Laura wasn't reported missing (per LE statement in article upthread) -- especially if she had children -- and for how long she was unaccounted.

Has there been any specificity as to where in Morris she was found?

It's hard to say what the reason was. Maybe she was used to "going of the grid" or estranged from her family/children. It happens. But that doesn't mean her family or friends weren't looking for her, wondering and worried, I think.

On this FB account it seems she posted the last time on August 18, 2021. Log in or sign up to view

There is talk on FB last contact was July 14, but no year is mentioned. IMO 2022.

Rest easy now Laura. Sincere condolences to her loved ones.

May justice come swift.

ETA

Last edited:
But that doesn't mean her family or friends weren't looking for her, wondering and worried, I think.
(Sbm)
Didn't mean to imply otherwise. Wondering. A history of short 'disappearances', as has been suggested, might be one reason why a person wouldn't be reported Missing. I'd imagine there'd be others. All I had meant to say was that I was wondering what was the reason(s) in this instance. Curiosity. No aspersions made. Apologies to loved ones if it was phrased too ambiguously or otherwise wrong.

(Sbm)
Didn't mean to imply otherwise. Wondering. A history of short 'disappearances', as has been suggested, might be one reason why a person wouldn't be reported Missing. I'd imagine there'd be others. All I had meant to say was that I was wondering what was the reason(s) in this instance. Curiosity. No aspersions made. Apologies to loved ones if it was phrased too ambiguously or otherwise wrong.
Not to worry if you ask me. It's a frequently asked question and it was a question, not judgment, at least I looked at it like that. Sometimes, also in this case, we know things by reading FB posts, but we can't quote this comments on here, because it's considered rumors.

Laura Rous

Otsego County, N.Y. — Human remains found in a remote part of Upstate New York have been identified, troopers announced Friday.

The woman was identified as 38-year-old Laura L. Rous of Otego in Otsego County, according to a news release by State Police. Otego is a town of 3,100 people southwest of Oneonta.

She was found wearing Adidas jogging pants, a pink tank-top, a lightweight black jacket with a pink zipper and Carolina brand boots, troopers said. A silver adjustable heart ring and a gold chain necklace were found by Rous’ remains, troopers said.

Rous had not been reported missing. Dembinska said.

Investigators are now working to determine the circumstances surrounding her disappearance and death, police said.
I always find it so sad when remains are found and the person had not been reported missing. Terrible for everyone close to the deceased, and makes my heart hurt that no one was even looking for them.

RIP Laura.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back