Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past several days we have received duplicate tips from citizens, and it has slowed our detectives down from pursuing credible leads. Please read full post here: http://shorturl.at/dOT13 #FindKiely #PCSO
Afbeelding

Well, how are the public to know what tips have already been submitted and what hasn't?!
Surely LE have a computerised system where tips from the public can be systematically tracked, so they can see what's been submitted and then checked out so they don't have to keep going over the same ones?
I can't see how new tips are slowing them down!

MOO.

ITA. People tend to think that if a vehicle is involved in a situation where foul play might be involved, and not found immediately, it must be ditched in some remote location, or inside a garage or covered structure, or pushed into a body of water or torched somewhere, or end up in a chop shop. While that is very often the case, very often the car is left in a busy public place like a parking lot, where it may remain unnoticed for a long period of time, even if there is a police BOLO out on it. I just followed the case here, as did some of you, of a young woman in San Antonio who disappeared on her supposed way to work one morning. Ultimately, her car was found in a busy shopping center parking lot, right on her main route to work, about 10 minutes from her home. It had been there 18 days, with her inside. This was despite there being a BOLO out, security guards patrolling the lot, and substantial media attention. There also was the case of a man, some years ago, who was found inside his truck, parked at Kansas City International Airport, about 45 minutes from his home. The truck had been parked there, with him inside, for eight months!

Shopping centers, airports, hospitals, any public area where many cars seem to come and go, are all great places to abandon a vehicle. While these are but two examples, vehicles being left hiding "in plain sight", are not uncommon at all, and they are not always found quickly, especially if they are not in the immediate area in which LE are actively searching. JMO

To illustrate another case. Jenna van Gelderen went missing from Atlanta, GA on August 18, 2017 (has it been that long ago already?) her car was found on Sept.15, 2017, sadly without her, in a parking lot in town parked along a road off Defoors Ave in northwest Atlanta. A woman who had seen the information on Facebook recognized the car when she drove past. LE made the find public days after. Jenna's body (she is presumed deceased) hasn't been found till this day.

ok...to be clear. my first thought is that she had an accident and it wasnt foul play.
But we are also theorizing, and speculating, foul play scenarios. Way upthread someone was writing about what they may find in her car if they found it and speculated there would be little plastic containers of creme brulee. Maybe I was wrong to think that had been discussed earlier in the thread.

I mean some on here have speculated that maybe she had been one
of the fight contestants, and died as a result...we have no evidence of that, its legit speculation.

Lots of posters, but not me, have speculated she ODd and her good friends disposed of her body. We also have no evidence of that!

Being a chef I totally understand that it is not nerdy for young ones to get together and make something challenging or fancy. Its ok to disagree with my theory, but your rationale is dated. Edibles are raging now in that age group, in my day, not true at all, but KR age group uses edibles more than smoking. I know this because I have a son in that age group, and yes, he gets together with his friends to make cookies, brownies, banana bread, etc, ALL with weed or ghee
butter as they call it.

IF, and its a big IF and only a theory, they had been sharing creme brulee with the crowd there, I guarantee the first question they would be asked is, if it had anything in it. If the answer was, just regular, they wouldnt have enjoyed the social flitting and recognition SS descibes them as getting.

I mean this was a crowd that was cheering on fighting, not budding tik tok chefs

My point is the same as a few others this morning: we do not have any evidence or admission that the creme brulee went to the party. I think it was getting a bit unclear for people coming in, and it seemed as though the girls had definitely been going around handing out some sort of spiked creme brulee shot or edible. As far as we know, they did not.

They're cute, young, extroverted young women at a party. Numerous people have come forward and said Kiely is well liked, someone everyone can talk to. SS clearly enjoys talking to people. I agree with you it is possible they could have been handing out something, sure, but they just as well could have been mingling, or "rocking the single life" as SS put it.

We don't know.

My teens do not use drugs, so you're right that I'm not 100% up on all the current ways a kid could ingest substances. I will defer to you there. My 20 something niece makes her own brownies and other baked goodies, and I know not to eat one, haha!

Well, how are the public to know what tips have already been submitted and what hasn't?!
Surely LE have a computerised system where tips from the public can be systematically tracked, so they can see what's been submitted and then checked out so they don't have to keep going over the same ones?

MOO.
I thought it strange but then I realised they meant that individuals are calling, texting, emailing with the same tip, rather than just using one of the means to contact them.

Over the past several days we have received duplicate tips from citizens, and it has slowed our detectives down from pursuing credible leads. Please read full post here: http://shorturl.at/dOT13 #FindKiely #PCSO
Afbeelding

10:35 p.m. · 18 aug. 2022·

First they plea for the community to sent in tips, even stating adults are holding it back, now the tips are slowing them down. It's complicated for LE, I don't envy them...of course people want to know what happened with their tips and LE can't answer to everything they followed up or didn't, for obvious reasons.
MOO it is possible those duplicate tips they are referring to are coming from well meaning members of the broader public and not the community itself. If that is the case, I can see where repeated calls from those members of the broader public could easily overwhelm the tipline and clog up the pipeline as LE tries to ascertain if they are credible or not. Social media can be both a blessing and a curse. again JMO.

I thought it strange but then I realised they meant that individuals are calling, texting, emailing with the same tip, rather than just using one of the means to contact them.
That must be it. At least it shows that they’re conscientious: I’ve done the same thing sometimes such as emailing someone plus also leaving a message on Instant Messenger and/or a voicemail, to be absolutely positive my message won’t be missed…but I can see in this situation it could be overwhelming and time-consuming.

MOO.
The public doesn't know and get's insecure, because LE doesn't come out with information about what happened with the tips. I don't know how a tip already submitted would slow them down either, maybe only because the have to check (in a system) if this is already known information. No idea how much work that would generate. At the same time, I guess, there aren't many new and super relevant tips.

Not sure on the legality of this as I'm not from the US but I wonder if law enforcement can come out and announce perhaps 'blanket immunity' to the friends/acquaintances who were with her that night if she did pass away from an overdose if they tell the truth which potentially leads to her body and/or her car and maybe a lesser sentence for the provider of the substance she may have taken, just to get the ball rolling on the conclusion to this and to give Kiely's family finality.
The friends may also be worried about ramifications from their parents and school in addition to legal issues.

The friends may also be worried about ramifications from their parents and school in addition to legal issues.
It's likely that most people at the party didn't see or do anything significant, but it would be helpful to paint a larger picture of KR's movements that night to help determine if foul play was involved. It's frustrating that no one has come forward to say they saw KR leave the party, but I would hope if someone had a conversation with KR or had a drink with her at some point in the night, they would share that information with LE? Even small things can only help at this point. Earlier in the thread I mentioned how important it would be to pin down KR's whereabouts before the party. Was she being followed? Did she meet someone and then meet them again at the party? I have a feeling that something happened before the party that is significant to her disappearance.

In any case, LE telling the press / media that the tip line is clogged and that no one is talking to them indicates 2 things to me: they really don't have much to go on and they are getting frustrated. Imagining myself in their places, I would maybe be even more scared to come forward at this point. JMO

SS: "AND THEN, WE, HAD A FEW OTHER FRIENDS IN THE CAR".

Note she says "other friends". This suggests there were more than SS and KR at KR's car before "a few other friends" arrived. If it was just SS and KR at her car, would she not say we were joined by friends omitting "other".
Just how many people were at KR's car before they "all decided" (debate and or argument) to go back to the party?
Did something else occur at KR's car that SS has not disclosed??

MOO
Exactly! This and one other statement that was made.
I am very intrigued by what was going on here.

I think the next logical step is that she followed a small group of people/line of cars to a 2nd location (vacant house?) and an OD occurred. Panic ensued, everyone scattered, and she’s still there. This small group is scared sh*tless and no one will talk.
Id like to ask the locals @Truckeeite @truckeelife @TruckeeLocal: what time of year would the majority of homeowners return to these 2nd homes? In winter to ski? Or next summer?
It’s a good question. We are still technically in the summer season but town is much quieter than two weeks ago. Kings Beach music was dead last Friday and we’ve been able to get parking at Donner Lake SP on weekends which is unheard of after 9am during peak season. A lot of families with younger kids have headed to their primary homes in the Bay.

As to when people with second homes next return, it is usually over long weekends in the late summer/fall. So Labor Day weekend, Sept 2-5, is when we’ll see town busier again. If Kiely and/or her vehicle are stashed at a second home, there’s a decent chance she is found then.

Earlier this week, Lt. Joshua Barnhart acknowledged “an isolated incident we were able to get past” in which certain adults were advising teens and young adults not to speak with investigators. It’s not clear if something dramatic changed between that news conference on Tuesday and when Musallam spoke with the Post on Thursday.

Investigators have photos of Rodni at the party, but no one has come forward to say they saw her leave. Musallam told the Post the investigators think that someone has an idea where Rodni may have been heading.

“We ask people who know something, do you want this to weigh on your conscience?” she said. “You will have to live for the rest of your life knowing a family won’t have closure about where their daughter is.”

Detectives are still actively searching — soon to be joined by a rogue search and rescue group Adventures with Purpose.

"We do have a rep from the sheriff's office who will be working with them ... They will not join forces with law enforcement in the search for Kiely," said Musallam.
I don't know if it is considered survivors guilt or if there is another name, but as someone who had a friend murdered, when he should have been in school but wasn't because I got us suspended. It eats at you for years. Logic tells you it is not your fault but your brain sometimes tells you otherwise and I hope someone has explained this to these kids IF they know something this affect could be worse. Also, in general because there will be that whole "If I had stayed" "If I had pay attention" "If I wasn't too intoxicated." "If I had went"

I'm not so puzzled about what LE has released, but the total lack of SM at the party. There would be more at a grandparents B-day party. The fact that no one else at that party has come forward.
SS mentioned an app that was mostly used called "be real" I guess you get a notification and when you open it, you have to take a photo in the moment and post it. But I wonder how this app works. Is it like Snapchat where it goes away after a while? She said most of the kids that received the notification saved opening it until later that night at the party. The only thing I could guess about not using SM too much would be the service issue. I have gone to an event with terrible service and if I try to post on Snap it just keeps re loading and re loading and kills my battery so much faster.

What do Adventures with Purpose do that Police Divers are unable to do?
Why do they find missing cars?
Is it a different technique? More time to do the job? Different equipment?
A little bit of all of those. AWP uses a side-scanning sonar unit, which is dragged behind a boat and generates a 3D image of the lakebed or river bottom. These are very expensive (think $30,000+) so most police departments don't have them. Police divers also cost a ton of money while AWP works for free.

Placer Co Sheriff:

8/18/2022 -- Today is day 13 of the investigation for 16-year-old Kiely Rodni. The Placer County Sheriff’s Office and Nevada County Sheriff's Office continue to deploy numerous resources to locate Kiely and her vehicle. Kiely was reported missing on August 6th, after she attended a party with 200-300 juveniles and young adults at the Prosser Family Campground, in Nevada County. The Placer County Sheriff’s Office is leading a task force of detectives from local, state, and federal agencies – they continue to follow up on leads and conduct interviews to find Kiely. The Placer County Sheriff’s Office Dive Team and Off-Highway Vehicle Team searched by water and by ground, Wednesday, but were unable to locate Kiely and her vehicle. The figures outlined above are reflective of investigative and search and rescue efforts from August 17th.
: _@.. -- : () - .
, :
➡️
https://linktr.ee/placersherif
⬅️

View attachment 360511
One dive team. I am guessing AWP made it?

A little bit of all of those. AWP uses a side-scanning sonar unit, which is dragged behind a boat and generates a 3D image of the lakebed or river bottom. These are very expensive (think $30,000+) so most police departments don't have them. Police divers also cost a ton of money while AWP works for free.

Also they now have a lot more experience with where to tow the unit and read the scans. Even sophisticated LE dive teams are often volunteer or part-time. I imagine LE around Lake Tahoe get more experience, but Truckee might not?

SS mentioned an app that was mostly used called "be real" I guess you get a notification and when you open it, you have to take a photo in the moment and post it. But I wonder how this app works. Is it like Snapchat where it goes away after a while? She said most of the kids that received the notification saved opening it until later that night at the party. The only thing I could guess about not using SM too much would be the service issue. I have gone to an event with terrible service and if I try to post on Snap it just keeps re loading and re loading and kills my battery so much faster.
The interesting thing about BeReal is that it takes a picture using both the front and back camera simultaneously - so you see what the person taking the picture sees, and you see them. There's a timer so you can't really move around, fix your makeup, or pose. You can also only "delete" posts once a day, meaning (I think?) that they are probably visible for a certain period. They are also shareable on Snap, Instagram, and Messages.

Because of the nature of what they capture, BeReal photos from that party could be extremely useful for understanding who was at the party and at what time. Probably, many of the BeReals captured the party crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph