OR - Stephanie Condon, 14, Myrtle Creek, 30 Oct 1998

WasBlind said:
http://www.childsearch.org/stephanie_condon.html

With age progressed photo
http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/condon.htm

Scary case. Stephanie was babysitting on Halloween, and some guy snagged her, they think. He is currently in jail on unrelated charges.

This family needs some answers. They have been waiting far too long.

Much love and prayers for this gal and her family, Lanie

Lanie.....if this guy's in jail on unrelated charges.....what must those charges be? His bail is set at One Million Dollars! THat's huge!
Is there a web site for this gal?

xxxxxxxxxooooooo
mama

this is surely a sad case as all of these are, the man in jail for other un related charges might be the man? I did a search for the news paper in that area " myrtle creek oregon and typed in the search feild and found out the more info on this missing child. what a sad thing too have to go that long not knowing what happened to your child.. I wonder if the police have thought that what if she was assulted inside the home by this man? and disposed of somewhere near the home? wooded areas and such. just a thought. or at least had been maybe stalking the neighborhood since children were going to be out. maybe he saw her giving out candy to some trick or treaters and decide to do something later. god bless this family :twocents:

I have not been able to find a web site on Stephanie. Would be great if they had one, so we could sign a guest book.

Maybe someone can make her one, and then the family will see it!

Thanks, y'all, for caring for the missing.

:blowkiss: Lanie

Oregon is a lot like Florida- it has a disproportionate amount of missing, kidnapped and murdered children. If my memory is correct, LE is almost positive the man in jail is the perp in this case but cannot prove it. No body, no evidence.

I found this article and thought I'd post it, in regards to Stephanie Condon.

http://www.dcso.com/long_term_missing.asp (scroll down a ways until you come to her information.)

They are interested in finding a man by the name of Dale Wayne Hill in connection with this case, as well as his .38 caliber revolver and 1991 Ford F-150 4X4 cab. Maroon with gray & black graphic stripes, Sunroof, & visor over windshield. Louvered 5th wheel style tailgate. OREGON LICENSE 986-APQ.
All information is on this page.

My thoughts & prayers are with the Condon family. I'm hoping Stephanie comes home - safe & sound!

I found another article about Stephanie, but I don't really understand it. Perhaps someone would like to take a look at it and tell me what in the heck they're talking about? :confused:

From the Article:
The purpose of this commentary is twofold. The first and most important is to speculate on the location of Stephanie Condon at the present time. The secondary reason is to compare data obtained by viewers that worked this target approximately a year apart from each other. The work presented by viewers of the Hawaii Remote Viewers’ Guild substantiates the theory that time; distance and space are irrelevant factors in the collection of congruent target data. It also provides an interesting insight in the study of consciousness and the application of how our subconscious was able to extrapolate data on a target worked a year apart.

While the following statement is simply conjecture, it is still interesting to learn how viewers were able to obtain very similar information on a target worked approximately one year apart. Perhaps this presentation may simply be a testimony to the adage repeatedly taught to HRVG students, “If you can remote view one data element on a target, you can remote view all data.”
Article Link:
http://www.hrvg.org/analysis/stephanie-condon/index.html

I know it's several pages long, and I've read through the first few pages, but I don't really understand their purpose. Are they testing out theories?

Thanks!

I remember reading this several years ago when it first appeared online. The idea was to get all these people thinking about Stephanie without knowing who they were actually thinking about and to record their perceptions of what happened to her and where she is now. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that, given the mountainous and woodsy terrain of Oregon (where Stephanie lived) and the averages which say that most stranger abductions end in the death of the victim, she is most likely deceased and dumped in the mountains near her home. But since these people didn't know that it was Stephanie, it's rather intriguing.

It's called remote viewing. A complicated process... kind of reminds me of ESP.

Missing Since: October 30, 1998 from Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: October 8, 1984
Height and Weight: 5'2, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair, blue eyes. Condon has a small scar above her left eye. Her ears are pierced. Condon had facial acne at the time of her 1998 disappearance.
Clothing Description: A white t-shirt and Winnie The Pooh pajama bottoms.

bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Condon was babysitting at her cousin's mobile home in the 160 block of Henry Street in Tri-City, Oregon during the evening hours of on October 30, 1998. She was caring for twin two-year-old girls in the house at the time. Condon's cousin returned home at approximately 1:00 to 1:30 a.m. on October 31 and discovered that Condon was missing. The trailer was tidy and the children were safely sleeping in their beds at the time.

There was no sign of forced entry to the trailer, and neighbors did not hear anything out of the ordinary. The trailer's front door was locked and the television and lights were turned on. Condon's backpack, containing her homework, money, clothes, and shoes were inside the house. She has never been heard from again.

Authorities view Dale Wayne Hill as a possible suspect in Condon's case. His burthdate is February 1, 1970; he was 28 years old in October 1998. He is 6'1 and 175 pounds with brown hair and green eyes. Hill wears gold-framed eyeglasses. He may have had a moustache at the time Condon disappeared. Hill was driving his 1991 maroon and red Ford F-150 pickup truck on the night of Condon's disappearance. The vehicle has gray and black graphic stripes, a sun roof and a visor over the windshield. It also has a louvered fifth wheel-style tailgate. The truck has Oregon license plates 986-APQ.

Investigators believe that Hill may have sold a handgun that was involved in Condon's disappearance. Photos of Hill, his vehicle and a similar weapon are posted below this case summary. The gun is described as a .38-caliber revolver with a two-inch barrel. It is marketed by the European American Armory (EAA). The handgun's serial number is 1516967. Authorities believe that Hill may have sold the weapon in the Myrtle Creek, Oregon area shortly after Condon's disappearance. It has never been located.

Hill has not been charged with any crime relating to Condon's disappearance. He admits that he visited her at the trailer that night, but denies having harmed her. He was imprisoned for an unrelated robbery charge after her disappearance, but was paroled in 2004. Condon resided with her family in Riddle, Oregon in 1998. She was an honor student at Riddle High School at the time of her disappearance, and is described as a responsible girl who was on her school junior varsity volleyball team. She hoped to attend Southern Oregon University and study draft engineering. Her loved ones said that it is extremely uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Foul play is suspected in Condon's case.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/condon_stephanie.html

Missing girl case gets boost from Cold Case Squad

function createQString(s) { return escape(s); } var Heading = "Missing%20girl%20case%20gets%20boost%20from%20Cold%20Case%20Squad"; var tempTitle = createQString(Heading); var Title = "&t="+tempTitle; County sheriff's office plans new investigation into Tri City gir's 1998 disappearance.

Marking the eighth anniversary of 14-year-old Stephanie Elizabeth Condon’s disappearance, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office has announced new investigative resources for the case.

Condon, 14 at the time, disappeared Oct. 31, 1998, while baby-sitting at her cousin’s home on Henry Street in Tri City. Foul play is suspected and the case remains active and open, according to a sheriff’s office press release.

(more)

The FBI is offering a $10,000 reward for new information in the 1998 disappearance of an Oregon girl.

On Oct. 30, 1998, 14-year-old Stephanie Condon vanished while babysitting at a Myrtle Creek home. She was wearing pajamas and didn't take shoes or her purse. For weeks, volunteers scoured Douglas County but could not find the honor student.

Detectives named Dale Wayne Hill as a suspect but never formally charged him. Hill is currently serving time in prison for a different crime and denies having anything to do with the disappearance.

The FBI and the Douglas County Sheriff's Office continue to investigate and hope that the reward brings new tips in the case.

http://www.koin.com/Global/story.asp?S=6570777

Thats a long old time with no news at all. I wonder how this guy was connected to the crime. I tried the link to Stephanies page but it no longer worked sadly.

SUBJECT/INCIDENT: MISSING PERSON
DATE OF INCIDENT: 10-31-98 --
TIME OF INCIDENT: 0130
INCIDENT LOCATION: RESIDENTIAL AREA OF TRI CITY, MYRTLE CREEK
DOUGLAS COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE

CASE #: 98-6083
Stephanie Condon, age 14, of Riddle Oregon was reported missing under suspicious circumstances. Ms. Condon was baby sitting twin two year old girls at a Tri City home last night. When the parent of the infants arrived home at around 1:30 am, Ms. Condon was not inside the home. Both infants were located unharmed inside the home. This is out of character for Condon. Her disappearance is suspect and under active investigation.
Stephanie is believed to have been wearing pajamas and no shoes.
She has been entered into the NCIC system as an endangered missing person.
Anyone having information concerning the whereabouts of Ms. Condon is asked to contact Detective Joe Perkins, Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
HAVE YOU SEEN THIS HANDGUN?
gun2.jpg

NARRATIVE:
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is attempting to locate a handgun that may be involved in the disappearance of a missing juvenile, Stephanie Elizabeth Condon. The gun is described as a .38 caliber revolver with a two inch barrel, marketed by European American Armory (EAA). The serial number for this gun is #1516967.
The gun may have been sold in a tavern or lounge in the Myrtle Creek area. This handgun was possibly sold by Dale Hill in the Myrtle Creek area. Investigators would like to talk to anyone that is aware of this sale, knows the current location of the gun, or has seen Mr. Hill in possession of this gun. Investigators know this handgun was purchased in Roseburg on September 13, 1996, and was owned by Hill. Anyone with information regarding this handgun is asked to contact the Douglas County sheriff’s office 541-957-2099, or 541-440-4458.

As in the earlier public request for help regarding Mr. Hill's Ford pick-up, we are asking anyone who may have seen him in the area of 161 Henry Street, in the Tri City area, during the evening of October 30th into the morning hours of October 31, 1998, to contact our office. We are interested in talking to anyone who has seen Hill or his vehicle on any back road or secluded area since the time of Stephanie's disappearance.

http://www.dcso.com/s_condon_98.asp
Pic of Hill at this link also.

Found deceased:

Stephanie Condon is deceased. The victim may have been slain by a man (possibly bearded). Her body may be located buried in a remote mountainous area with heavy vegetation and water nearby, in the Northwest United States.

http://www.hrvg.org/analysis/stephanie-condon/overview.html

Well, that is one person's assessment, but speaking only for myself, I don't find it at all reliable. And Stephanie certainly hasn't been found.

Hoppy

AMW and the Polly Klass foundation are reporting her as still only missing. Jumped the gun a bit I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back