Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
PLACER COUNTY, Ca. (News 4 & Fox 11) — The Placer County Sheriff's Office (PCSO) is asking for the public's help in locating missing 16-year-old teen, Kiely Rodni.

According to PCSO, Kiely was last seen at around 12:30 a.m. on August 6 near the Prosser Family Campground in Truckee. She was said to be at a party with a huge group of minors and young adults. Her car is also not located at the party and her phone has been out of service.

Kiely is described as:
  • Caucasian female
  • Five-feet-seven-inches tall
  • Weights 115 pounds
  • Blonde hair
  • Hazel eyes
  • Green Dickies pants, black tank top, multiple piercings and jewelry with a nose ring
Her car is a silver 2013 Honda CRV with a California license plate of 8YUR127.

Anyone with information on Kiely's whereabouts is urged to call PCSO at (530) 886-5357.

2ed18e2f-6bb4-439a-baee-70bb7aacafd6-large16x9_kielyrodni.png

21eb9e2f-c096-4822-8363-d71f5ff22e48-medium16x9_carofmissing16yokiely.jpg

Link to Kiely Rodni case - archived traffic cam footage from the NV/CA border

Media, Maps & Timeline thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by Friends on these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Do not link to a victim or suspect's social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Approved group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..." (usually a page run by family)
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.
NOT ALLOWED

Names or images of minor children are not allowed unless they are the missing or deceased victim.

Social media pages of family members and/or friends of either a victim or a suspect, and most any other individual are OFF LIMITS. Random blogs or random youtube videos are also OFF LIMITS. Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them.

MOD NOTE:

OFFICIAL support pages for victims are allowed to be posted. Those pages will be called something like "Help Find..." or "Justice for..." and will usually be run by the family. Posts on MSM or LE social media can also be posted.

Pages from random, non-approved groups are not the official group may NOT be posted.
  • Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

ADMIN NOTE

The website Find Kiely has been APPROVED upon review.
#FindKiely | Kiely Rodni | Truckee CA

Disparaging Kiely’s friend SS is NOT APPROVED. Bashing anyone who has not been named as a suspect/POI in this case is a violation of Websleuths’ Terms of Service. PLEASE STOP and move on to discussing how to find Kiely.

STOP POSTING ABOUT UNCONFIRMED INFORMATION.
That is not what Websleuths is about and it is a SERIOUS violation of the Terms of Service.
If you want to stay a part of this discussion, do not post info UNLESS IT IS FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT OR A MAINSTREAM MEDIA SOURCE.

SCANNER INFO IS NOT PERMITTED ON THESE PUBLIC THREADS.

ADMIN NOTE:

As SS is a major case player in this matter of Keily's disappearance, her FindKeily page is being approved for discussion.

Please just ease up on this young lady and do not trash her or insinuate that she is somehow responsible for Keily's disappearance.

Thank you.

Hey everyone,

Please don't start using names that have not been in MSM or released by LE. The OP that contained a specific name was removed.

Also, please do not post information that may interfere with a police investigation. Websleuths isn't in the business of tipping people off in the event they are following the discussion.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Because we never know who may be reading here, please do not post or discuss information that is part of an investigation unless it is information that is released by LE.

While locals may share information about geography / topography, businesses, local flavor, etc, please do not share rumors/hearsay or questions/answers related to FBI agent interviews in the neighbourhood. It's counter-productive to the success of their case, and if the FBI want to share information with the public about their ongoing investigation, they will do so by publicizing directly or through MSM.

Members can sleuth, share, and discuss whatever they want via private messaging conversations where up to 20 other members can be added to the group. Whatever is discussed in PM is not to be posted on the public thread.

ADMIN NOTE

True Crime Misfits is not an approved source.

Sleuthing social media of any individual other than victim or an LE officially named perp is not allowed.

Disparaging or criticizing the family in any way is not victim friendly. Just don't do it.

Don't say you read or saw something somewhere. Unless you can provide a link to "somewhere" that is an approved source, don't even mention it.

Admin has warned before about trashing/bashing SS and that we have a zero tolerance in place where members who do so will be banned from this discussion. Don't ignore Admin or Mod notes or warnings. Members won't be warned again. You'll just find yourself unable to post.

ETA: Admin edited to remove reference to Moonshine Ink

Hey folks ... my error about Moonshine Ink not being approved. I didn't realize it was a local publication and didn't see that Knitty had already approved it. Sorry for any confusion.

We'll reinstate the posts that were removed as a result and I've edited my Admin Note in that regard.

We welcome new members to Websleuths to discuss this troubling case.
PLEASE review the WS rules we ALL agreed to when we joined.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/the-rules.159/

The Terms of Service are intentionally strict as WS is the gold standard of true crime discussion websites, and we all work hard to keep it that way.
Here are a few of the key rules:

- Post only facts, and that must be linked to the source of those facts.
- If it can’t be linked, it can’t be posted. That includes any pictures.
- Approved links are from mainstream media (MSM) or law enforcement (LE) statements.
- The ONLY Facebook links permitted are those from MSM, LE, the victim, or the OFFICIAL missing page if there is one established.
- NO public comments from ANY source are allowed as they cannot be verified.
- NO ONE may be accused/speculated/sleuthed unless they are the victims or persons NAMED BY LE as a suspect or POI. NO bashing ANY of the case players/witness. Time-outs and/or thread-bans will be issued.
- If you have inside info you want to share without providing links, YOU MUST BE APPROVED AS A VERIFIED INSIDER. Link to do so is in my signature below.

Websleuths is FACT-BASED and VICTIM-FRIENDLY.
Family members are considered victims also unless/until LE tells us they are suspects or POIs.
Posts that are in violation of ANY of the Websleuths’ TOS are subject to removal, as are all the replies that quote and/or reference the violating post.

PLEASE use the Report button at the bottom of any post if you come upon a post that is questionable regarding Websleuths’ TOS.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the Websleuths’ TOS.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/the-rules.159/

MOD NOTE:

1. The median income of the area is totally and completely off topic.

2. Keily's home is not missing. Keily did not go missing from her home. Sleuthing her home is sleuthing her family, and we ALL know that sleuthing family is not permitted.

If you need to brush up on the rules, the most relevant links are in my signature.

I hear all these different angles of what might of happened. What about a possible OD and coverup?
You still have to answer the question of "where is the car?" A car is much harder to hide than a body. Sure, you can torch it, but someone can still find it and police can find the VIN (you are not scratching all of them off in a reasonable amout of time).

The search has to start with finding the car. After that, you can branch out to other theories depending on whether or not Kiley is inside the vehicle when it is found, what condition the vehicle is found, and the location of the vehicle as it relates to LE's thoughts on the probible area of travel.

It seems that AWP must have had no luck finding anything helpful in today's search of Prosser Reservoir, as surely some word would have leaked out by now. I am sure they will be back out tomorrow, but I am wondering how long it will take to search the lake. Doug Bishop, head of AWP, did say that if they find nothing in Prosser, they also plan to search Boca Reservoir, Stampede Reservoir, and Independence Lake, all located close to Truckee, if needed. I hope their search will either find her, or pretty much eliminate those locations. JMO
Those locations are nowhere near the direction Kiley would have driven home. Obviously, they have much more experience than I do, so I am sure their reasoning is sound. I just don't understand it. They said that they won't say which organization they are assisting... do you think that organization is requesting they search those areas specifically? Did they say WHY they are searching those areas?

So many questions. :)

You still have to answer the question of "where is the car?" A car is much harder to hide than a body. Sure, you can torch it, but someone can still find it and police can find the VIN (you are not scratching all of them off in a reasonable amout of time).

The search has to start with finding the car. After that, you can branch out to other theories depending on whether or not Kiley is inside the vehicle when it is found, what condition the vehicle is found, and the location of the vehicle as it relates to LE's thoughts on the probible area of travel.

Right. Good question. Say, something happens with KR, and the party moves away from incapacitated participant. Confused, KR tries to walk, and falls. Her car would be left where it was parked, right? No partier would want to touch it.

“Non-local adults” would not know what car is hers. Unless she has the key, and they found the car by the signal. But the guy sleeping in the car parked behind hers could have responded to the loud signal, right? Too noisy.

So, she either approached the car alone, or with someone. Any other version implies collusion, and collusions are shaky.

It seems that AWP must have had no luck finding anything helpful in today's search of Prosser Reservoir, as surely some word would have leaked out by now. I am sure they will be back out tomorrow, but I am wondering how long it will take to search the lake. Doug Bishop, head of AWP, did say that if they find nothing in Prosser, they also plan to search Boca Reservoir, Stampede Reservoir, and Independence Lake, all located close to Truckee, if needed. I hope their search will either find her, or pretty much eliminate those locations. JMO

Do they plan to search Donner Lake, too, or is it too shallow?

ETA: I just saw the previous movie. They are searching Donner lake. Good luck to the volunteers!

Perhaps Kiely was uncomfortable driving home alone in the dark if she was tipsy. SS might have said she’d be leaving soon, so Kiely asked for just a little more time to wait for SS to be ready to go. Then SS decided not to ride with her after all.
Well, except SS obliquely narrated that they were in the car and she remembers that she, SS, wanted to stay awhile longer. She remembers Kiely texting her Mom asking to stay later which sounds more like Kiely offered to take her home.
Then SS said they got out of the car and she later looked for Kiely to tell her she was leaving with X. Which sounds to me like she hadn’t seen her amidst the multitude for 30-45 minutes, so how would SS know Kiely had become incapacitated before she ran into her/found her to tell her at 12:25 that she was leaving with someone else? 12:25? That precision catches my attention.
Maybe someone sent SS a message at 12:25 saying whoa- we need to leave.
Then at 12:30 a rush to leave began. Did someone pull a gun? Threaten someone somehow?
IMO there a gaping holes in the narrative and scenario in general.
At 10:30 Kiely coherently and thoughtfully messaged Jagger. At 11:30 she messaged her mother, fully cognizant of the time.
At 12:33 she called SS and I think she called worried, to confirm that SS had gotten a ride, not because she was obliterated and had forgotten that SS had told her she was leaving with someone else only minutes before, as SS elaborately explained in an interview.
What happened between them? Until the car, battery charging etc episode and then leaving the car and going separate ways, SS states that they had been virtually inseparable. It’s murky, isn’t it?
MOO

I assume it's mud. I don't think I described the lake well. It's surrounded by thick smaller pine trees. There would be a VERY obvious break in the trees if a car went into this lake. I went all around this lake today, I didn't see any evidence of this.
Any mention of small or large hills near any of the surfaces of water of last known phone ping?

Those locations are nowhere near the direction Kiley would have driven home. Obviously, they have much more experience than I do, so I am sure their reasoning is sound. I just don't understand it. They said that they won't say which organization they are assisting... do you think that organization is requesting they search those areas specifically? Did they say WHY they are searching those areas?

So many questions. :)
AWP just said that they were asked by an undisclosed agency to search. They normally start within a 5 mile radius of the last cellphone ping if available. This case isn’t their normal as they normally don’t do fresh cases, only cold. They also said in a post they would be working with previous dive teams info on what to search etc. it’s hard to know if these other waters that range from 8-18 miles from the campground area are being searched because of tips or just being ruled out as a matter of due diligence since the car not being spotted on land suggests that surrounding waters could be the reason. I do personally believe that the car is underwater-JMO. AWP certainly has a fantastic recovery rate, but, they have said in past videos that fresh cases are much harder because the sonar picks up the cars that have been in the water longer better because they get “stuff”on them. I think it’s possible the car won’t be spotted this go around, but it wouldn’t surprise me if after a few months it’s searched again bc the chances of finding it may be better. I hope not for her family. JMO based off of watching their previous recoveries and going by the info AWP has put out regarding this case.

Any mention of small or large hills near any of the surfaces of water of last known phone ping?
Somewhere in previous threads local residents did a great job describing the terrain. From what I remember I’m pretty sure one said there were no big cliffs or drop offs into water really in that area. I’m sure a local resident can clarify. I’ll see if I can find where that information is in the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine