Resolved FL - Port St Joe, 2 Children 96UMFL & 66UFFL, bound & gagged in photo, Jun'89

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - addressed a removed post>

Look around the 2016/2017 time period I was as big into this case as you currently are and trying to come up with all kinds of theories. I eventually realized though that it is better to put more energy into cases that have a little more evidence to them than a single photo that may or may not have been a joke a couple of people were playing. There has never been any kind of proof that either of the kids in the photo were even missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the best theory you're going to get 40-50% of people to agree with is 'this/these photo/s are evidence of a crime'. Anything more precise than that you just can't get an agreement on as there's not enough evidence either way. We don't even know if these are missing, abused or otherwise victimised kids -- or a prank/joke. It's impossible to tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the best theory you're going to get 40-50% of people to agree with is 'this/these photo/s are evidence of a crime'. Anything more precise than that you just can't get an agreement on as there's not enough evidence either way. We don't even know if these are missing, abused or otherwise victimised kids -- or a prank/joke. It's impossible to tell.
Well, it looks as if we were building a "house" from null, we have some building materials (photos) and that's it, we don't even have "foundations", we built this "house" as we wanted. For the basics, I consider the photo story whether it is/is not a joke, for example, if we were told that this photo is a joke and that it was proven by the FBI and other OFFICIALS of the entire American state. Then we would abandon the fact that the photo is real and build a "house" with this "foundation" which proves that the photo is just a joke... But that's all we have to do is think our own stories, as they say, if the police stand where we have to stand! i will say no. But we can just stick with our options. Well, there are really two options, to wait or to continue thinking about your stories when leaving the photo, which have already been examined from below and from above... I will remain in between these options... which will you choose?.

Last edited:
Well, it looks as if we were building a "house" from null, we have some building materials (photos) and that's it, we don't even have "foundations", we built this "house" as we wanted. For the basics, I consider the photo story whether it is/is not a joke, for example, if we were told that this photo is a joke and that it was proven by the FBI and other OFFICIALS of the entire American state. Then we would abandon the fact that the photo is real and build a "house" with this "foundation" which proves that the photo is just a joke... But that's all we have to do is think our own stories, as they say, if the police stand where we have to stand! i will say no. But we can just stick with our options. Well, there are really two options, to wait or to continue thinking about your stories when leaving the photo, which have already been examined from below and from above... I will remain in between these options... which will you choose?.

Most of us decided years ago. Which is why this particular thread goes back to 2009.

Most of us decided years ago. Which is why this particular thread goes back to 2009.
Because I don’t know why this case settles so well in your head that for the first days you think about it and it was like that with me, but now I, as it were, have already begun to 'depart' from this case, so to speak, but anyway. here are some cases, you just read them, realized that someone was killed there, you understood everything and after a week you completely forgot, but in this case it’s not like that ...

(fixed-reupload)
well, and perhaps with your permission, so to speak, I will share with my last (so far) theory, it will be about how the objects turned out to be in the photos: the girl has a book, a plastic glass, and it’s hard to understand what it is, well, let’s say it’s a water gun .. So, on one hot, sunny day, two young people, brother and sister, decided in the midst of summer to arrange a picnic, camping somewhere, in nature, in short, they wanted to relax in nature, but their parents said “no” to them, maybe due to lack of capital or just didn't have time. And they decided then to go and find a nice quiet place and have a picnic or camping, you understand. Well, when the parents were not at home, they began to collect things the girl took food, water and those same plastic cups (2) to pour juice or something else because this is the best choice and of course the girl took the very book "my sweet audrina" to read in silence and fresh air. And the kid, in that turn, took his water pistol, you know, at his age, I think 80 percent of the children also took whatever kind of sticks or water pistols and imagined that they were holding a powerful plasma rifle or a formidable sword, they did everything in childhood. Well, they gathered everything they needed and moved on, and here there are several options, either when they left the house they were already followed by a white van, or they were caught when they already found a place and settled down then they were most likely caught, well, and then it’s already clear what happened ... Well, I seem to have spoken out, naturally this theory should not be taken seriously, this is just my opinion ...

(fixed-reupload)
well, and perhaps with your permission, so to speak, I will share with my last (so far) theory, it will be about how the objects turned out to be in the photos: the girl has a book, a plastic glass, and it’s hard to understand what it is, well, let’s say it’s a water gun ..
But again, why would this not be reported? Why would these abducted siblings not be known of and discussed like many other kids?

As another note, maybe you should try creative writing as an outlet -- you clearly know how to write a descriptive scene.

But again, why would this not be reported? Why would these abducted siblings not be known of and discussed like many other kids?

As another note, maybe you should try creative writing as an outlet -- you clearly know how to write a descriptive scene.
hmm orphans??? it could be, or maybe they specifically ran away from home because maybe the parents drink a lot and fight and maybe they don’t care about their childrens ...

hmm orphans??? it could be, or maybe they specifically ran away from home because maybe the parents drink a lot and fight and maybe they don’t care about their childrens ...
Maybe, but I can't see that going under the radar for so long and getting zero online interest, particularly with these photos. I just don't see it happening, these two siblings happily going somewhere, to have a casual picnic (with all those items you listed, as well), with such uncaring parents that it hasn't even been mentioned once anywhere that they then went missing.

If their parents didn't miss them, or report them missing, by now someone would have. As much as I try to have an open mind about these photos, I don't see the 'missing siblings' angle being one -- I would believe two unrelated missing people, if I possibly saw this as a crime at all.

Maybe, but I can't see that going under the radar for so long and getting zero online interest, particularly with these photos. I just don't see it happening, these two siblings happily going somewhere, to have a casual picnic (with all those items you listed, as well), with such uncaring parents that it hasn't even been mentioned once anywhere that they then went missing.

If their parents didn't miss them, or report them missing, by now someone would have. As much as I try to have an open mind about these photos, I don't see the 'missing siblings' angle being one -- I would believe two unrelated missing people, if I possibly saw this as a crime at all.
look at the paradox about these children, no one said that they disappeared once or twice, if they are alive now, WHY are they silent, because this photo has long become well, of course, not popular, but it hasn’t gone unnoticed either, and what it turns out is that this girl or boy is not they never noticed on the Internet this photo in which they themselves or one of their friends would not report this, like: "hey, look, I found your photo on the Internet, it's exactly you are depicted on it" .....
well, or these young people are really alive, they just live in a wild forest, it turns out ...

There may still be an option that these young men may have been captured in general in another country.

look at the paradox about these children, no one said that they disappeared once or twice, if they are alive now, WHY are they silent, because this photo has long become well, of course, not popular, but it hasn’t gone unnoticed either, and what it turns out is that this girl or boy is not they never noticed on the Internet this photo in which they themselves or one of their friends would not report this, like: "hey, look, I found your photo on the Internet, it's exactly you are depicted on it" .....
well, or these young people are really alive, they just live in a wild forest, it turns out ...

There may still be an option that these young men may have been captured in general in another country.
That is part of the problem -- it is a paradox. Whilst it's known in the true crime community and has even featured on some list-based websites and YouTube channels otherwise unrelated to true crime, it is still possible someone hasn't seen the photo.

It's possible that they don't remember taking the photo at all. It's even possible that both the people in the photo are dead of things totally unrelated to the photo itself. And, of course, it's totally possible that the people involved have seen it, but don't know how to come out with it after so long, or maybe just don't want to and just want to go on with their lives instead of inviting police and, as part of that, the media/internet folks, into their lives. It could even be the case that inviting police into their current lives would ruin their current lives. It's impossible to know.

The internet goes crazy trying to identify people and it's awesome when they approach it the right way and everything goes right and there's some positive outcome from their hard work. But sometimes, it goes horribly wrong and suddenly someone who was in an innocent photo x amount of years ago, or briefly went missing x amount of years ago (Joanna Lopez is who I'm thinking of in this particular case) has strangers calling them, doxing them, inviting themselves into their current lives. Or worse -- the person is dead from something unrelated but equally tragic, and their family is harassed about some dumb photo or assumption (thinking of the accusations against people after the Boston Bombings, in this case). I can think of endless reasons a person might not want to come forward even if they know of the photo.

But you're right -- the paradox is that, in theory, someone should recognise themselves, their family, or friend in a photo and have come forward at least to the police. If I say someone should have reported siblings missing, that also in theory means someone should have reported knowing these kids at the time and their status and, in these many years, should have felt able to step forward and either debunk or reinforce the nature of the photo. Then again, maybe a person saw the photo, thought it may be x person, but wasn't sure and couldn't remember enough anyway to make any report meaningful because they knew them briefly or as a childhood friend they lost contact with.

However, I feel it's also totally possible this photo has gone over the heads of a lot of people and we feel it's more well-known than it is simply because we are plugged in to the true crime community and such. Like I mentioned, it's found itself on list websites and videos -- but people into true crime are far more likely to click something called '10 Disturbing Photos Associated with a Terrible Crime!' (for example) than someone who doesn't care for true crime.

That is part of the problem -- it is a paradox. Whilst it's known in the true crime community and has even featured on some list-based websites and YouTube channels otherwise unrelated to true crime, it is still possible someone hasn't seen the photo.

It's possible that they don't remember taking the photo at all. It's even possible that both the people in the photo are dead of things totally unrelated to the photo itself. And, of course, it's totally possible that the people involved have seen it, but don't know how to come out with it after so long, or maybe just don't want to and just want to go on with their lives instead of inviting police and, as part of that, the media/internet folks, into their lives. It could even be the case that inviting police into their current lives would ruin their current lives. It's impossible to know.

The internet goes crazy trying to identify people and it's awesome when they approach it the right way and everything goes right and there's some positive outcome from their hard work. But sometimes, it goes horribly wrong and suddenly someone who was in an innocent photo x amount of years ago, or briefly went missing x amount of years ago (Joanna Lopez is who I'm thinking of in this particular case) has strangers calling them, doxing them, inviting themselves into their current lives. Or worse -- the person is dead from something unrelated but equally tragic, and their family is harassed about some dumb photo or assumption (thinking of the accusations against people after the Boston Bombings, in this case). I can think of endless reasons a person might not want to come forward even if they know of the photo.

But you're right -- the paradox is that, in theory, someone should recognise themselves, their family, or friend in a photo and have come forward at least to the police. If I say someone should have reported siblings missing, that also in theory means someone should have reported knowing these kids at the time and their status and, in these many years, should have felt able to step forward and either debunk or reinforce the nature of the photo. Then again, maybe a person saw the photo, thought it may be x person, but wasn't sure and couldn't remember enough anyway to make any report meaningful because they knew them briefly or as a childhood friend they lost contact with.

However, I feel it's also totally possible this photo has gone over the heads of a lot of people and we feel it's more well-known than it is simply because we are plugged in to the true crime community and such. Like I mentioned, it's found itself on list websites and videos -- but people into true crime are far more likely to click something called '10 Disturbing Photos Associated with a Terrible Crime!' (for example) than someone who doesn't care for true crime.
Yes, about the fact that you wrote that something could happen to these children after the photo, like they took this photo, but after how many years they, for example, tragically died in accidents or something else, yes. But about the fact that none of the relatives or acquaintances wanted to go to the police and report, well, I don’t know, it’s at least strange, like some relative saw this photo on the Internet, showed the parents of these children and they said that, like, “well, that’s sad, but we’re to the police definitely not going '' then what kind of parents and relatives are like that, well, except for how I wrote that they just anyway, the main thing is drinking, then it’s clear, but if I were in their place, I wouldn’t care what would happen to my life further, the main thing is to to find these poor children.

Yes, about the fact that you wrote that something could happen to these children after the photo, like they took this photo, but after how many years they, for example, tragically died in accidents or something else, yes. But about the fact that none of the relatives or acquaintances wanted to go to the police and report, well, I don’t know, it’s at least strange, like some relative saw this photo on the Internet, showed the parents of these children and they said that, like, “well, that’s sad, but we’re to the police definitely not going '' then what kind of parents and relatives are like that, well, except for how I wrote that they just anyway, the main thing is drinking, then it’s clear, but if I were in their place, I wouldn’t care what would happen to my life further, the main thing is to to find these poor children.
Just to be clear, I was talking about the parents/relatives seeing this photo and knowing it was of their living, perfectly fine children. It would be far more likely for people to dismiss photos of someone they know or knew who was perfectly fine and think there's no reason to involve the police, or to dismiss going to the police because it would make their personal situation worse whilst not improving anyone else's situation (or any number of other reasons I've already mentioned).

Just to be clear, I was talking about the parents/relatives seeing this photo and knowing it was of their living, perfectly fine children. It would be far more likely for people to dismiss photos of someone they know or knew who was perfectly fine and think there's no reason to involve the police, or to dismiss going to the police because it would make their personal situation worse whilst not improving anyone else's situation (or any number of other reasons I've already mentioned).
I just don’t understand one thing: how they can worsen their personal situation, like they come to the police, show this photo and say that these are their children, and the policeman will say that we don’t know where they are and what happened to them, and because of this, parents / relatives will only get worse? Well, I don’t know if the parents had done this, then now we might even know the names of these children, and apparently the parents / relatives were really silent and silent until now ... hmm, here's another thing, pay attention to the photo was found and most likely taken at the beginning of the summer and to go to school you don’t need it anymore, but then you understand (they won’t search for these children from the social side)

I just don’t understand one thing: how they can worsen their personal situation, like they come to the police, show this photo and say that these are their children, and the policeman will say that we don’t know where they are and what happened to them, and because of this, parents / relatives will only get worse? Well, I don’t know if the parents had done this, then now we might even know the names of these children, and apparently the parents / relatives were really silent and silent until now ... hmm, here's another thing, pay attention to the photo was found and most likely taken at the beginning of the summer and to go to school you don’t need it anymore, but then you understand (they won’t search for these children from the social side)
There could be many reasons involving the police in someone's personal life could make their personal life worse without a positive gain for anyone else. Again, I'm approaching it from the perspective that these kids aren't missing or worse -- that this photo was taken as a joke or prank, dropped by mistake, and such. It could even be the case that the kids -- now adults -- confirming they're the kids in the photo could make their current life worse due to the investigations. People live all sorts of lives.

I'm not sure what you mean by the statement beginning 'here's another thing', do you mind explaining it?

There could be many reasons involving the police in someone's personal life could make their personal life worse without a positive gain for anyone else. Again, I'm approaching it from the perspective that these kids aren't missing or worse -- that this photo was taken as a joke or prank, dropped by mistake, and such. It could even be the case that the kids -- now adults -- confirming they're the kids in the photo could make their current life worse due to the investigations. People live all sorts of lives.

I'm not sure what you mean by the statement beginning 'here's another thing', do you mind explaining it?
well, like ''here's another thing.'' it's like a thought, it's a matter of fact

Well, it would be nice if this photo is just a joke ... hmm .... a joke ... if only ..

well, like that the photo was taken at the beginning of summer, you don’t need to go to school, you know
Okay, but school's not the only place where people go -- if they even went to school. And certainly at least one of those kids is young enough to be continuing education, if not both of them, as I believe it goes until 18 in America.

Okay, but school's not the only place where people go -- if they even went to school. And certainly at least one of those kids is young enough to be continuing education, if not both of them, as I believe it goes until 18 in America.
no, you may have misunderstood me a little, I mean that it’s strange that the school ended, the children started the holidays, and that’s where these young people were caught because I don’t know how it is in America, but in my country if I don’t come to school for a couple of days for no reason then the police will come to my house to my parents and they will interrogate, like, where is your son and so on. And here summer is not necessary for school ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752