TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #3

^^rsbm

Seriously, PA, the former police chief who has not had one word of condolence for more than 20 Hispanic victims, or acknowledged a single error beginning with intentionally separating himself from both of his police radios, is pulling the race card in his defense?

PA is scary. o_O MOO
Well duh PA. He was Hispanic when he was hired for the position and when he was elected to a position on the city council. He is just digging himself in deeper.

Hold the press!

IMO, the Uvalde School District Superintendent also needs to be suspended from his duties ASAP.
I previously sided with the District to halt immediate action taken against PA for the sole purpose of ensuring that the District's performance complaint for good cause termination would be carried out according to the terms of PA's contract, and pursuant to Texas law.

However, if what PA's attorney is alleging (in his 17-page letter) is true, I'd sure like to know exactly what the School District Superintendent has been doing during the past three months to prepare for calling for tonight's vote to finally terminate PA's contract.

In this case, I'd expect the process now to be where PA can either accept his termination, or he can choose within 15 days to appeal and ask for a hearing in front of the School Board.

Admittedly, I'm a bit concerned that we're not exactly hearing that this process was in place prior to the vote, or that it was communicated to PA. Fingers crossed! :eek:

Do we have a copy of PA's contract? If not, I sure hope CNN is on it!

MOO

ETA: A School District in El Paso recently terminated their police chief but unlike Uvalde, they seemed to have their act together prior to the contract vote.

Who is going to employ him now?
Can he retire?
What is retirement age for LE in USA?
Where I live police officers can retire earlier than other employees.

@TroyKless
·
Uvalde CISD just released a statement following Pete Arredondo’s termination last night. The district says they are working with an outside consultant to “evaluate” the school police department. Lt. Mike Hernandez is the interim chief

Attachments

• 4C413E19-0204-4237-B052-AFEA86712DF1.jpeg
    4C413E19-0204-4237-B052-AFEA86712DF1.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 4
@TroyKless
·
Uvalde CISD just released a statement following Pete Arredondo’s termination last night. The district says they are working with an outside consultant to “evaluate” the school police department. Lt. Mike Hernandez is the interim chief
In my opinion, one of the things to be evaluated should be whether the school district should have its own police department at all instead of relying on the existing local law enforcement. In the Robb shooting, its existence actually degraded the response.

Who is going to employ him now?
Can he retire?
What is retirement age for LE in USA?
Where I live police officers can retire earlier than other employees.
Looking online he looks to be about 55 to 60. He should be able to retire. He worked pretty high paying positions, comparatively speaking IMO, for years.
I have no empathy for his situation at all. His behaviour afterwards is awful IMO.

I can't even fathom being an officer that was left standing in the hallway, waiting on PA's orders, only to watch him allegedly fumble around with 30+ keys, and when finally given the order to charge the room, saw for the first time that the doors had been unlocked the entire time-- while they literally wasted 1 hour and 14 minutes standing around.

I don't know how you recover from that. I just don't... :eek: :eek::eek:
Did you hear the noises at the end of the video? Just guttural… and heart wrenching… when the truth was revealed.
My gosh, how long would they have waited?!

Looking online he looks to be about 55 to 60. He should be able to retire. He worked pretty high paying positions, comparatively speaking IMO, for years.
I have no empathy for his situation at all. His behaviour afterwards is awful IMO.
The surviving teacher (Arnie Reyes) from the adjoining classroom where SR was barricaded is a cousin to PA and last I recall, PA never reached out to him while in hospital or since he was released to his home. That's just cruel and inhumane. o_O MOO

July 2, 2022

[,,]

The Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District placed Arredondo, the highest paid law enforcement official in Uvalde County, on administrative leave on June 22.

Arredondo earns about $90,750 annually, according to a recent salary study by the Texas Association of School Boards. Uvalde County Sheriff Ruben Nolasco’s salary is set at $77,915, and Uvalde Police Department Chief Daniel Rodriguez’s earns $87,401.60 a year.

[,,]

Wow. So I second what I said. He should never need to work again or should. He’s totally incompetent.

He's 50 or 51
However, he did "retire" from Laredo ISD, so he probably has a pension of sorts.
Texas is pretty strict about ISD retirement pensions. If he was going for an ISD pension, he may not have had enough years. However, he also worked for county and local govt prior, so

Wow. So I second what I said. He should never need to work again or should. He’s totally incompetent.
There could not have been a more incompetent law enforcement
Official in charge of other officers at that moment in time at that school.
PA refuses to accept responsibility for his part in the horror and
Deaths that his failure to act in accordance with proper protocol Caused.
He comes across in that letter as a whiner and someone whose
Total focus is on himself.

There could not have been a more incompetent law enforcement
Official in charge of other officers at that moment in time at that school.
PA refuses to accept responsibility for his part in the horror and
Deaths that his failure to act in accordance with proper protocol Caused.
He comes across in that letter as a whiner and someone whose
Total focus is on himself.
Totally. It’s absolutely unreal actually.

He's 50 or 51
However, he did "retire" from Laredo ISD, so he probably has a pension of sorts.
Texas is pretty strict about ISD retirement pensions. If he was going for an ISD pension, he may not have had enough years. However, he also worked for county and local govt prior, so
I think that you are right on the age. Somewhere in the early 50 range I think. I seem to recall reading he had been in law enforcement 26-30 years or something. I'm not sure how his retirement would look. Is his retirement through a State public employee retirement system or union, etc.

I think that you are right on the age. Somewhere in the early 50 range I think. I seem to recall reading he had been in law enforcement 26-30 years or something. I'm not sure how his retirement would look. Is his retirement through a State public employee retirement system or union, etc.
It so shocking that he worked as LE for nearly 30 years.
I mean - was he appreciated by his superiors?
Were there any red flags?

It is so strange that seemingly experienced officer failed so spectacularly.

He was not a rookie.

MOO

It so shocking that he worked as LE for nearly 30 years.
I mean - was he appreciated by his superiors?
Were there any red flags?

It is so strange that seemingly experienced officer failed so spectacularly.

He was not a rookie.

MOO
Hard to say. In his younger days, maybe he was a good officer. We know he was demoted once for being hard to get along with. Honestly, I think he took the ISD Chief job because it paid well and he thought it would be an easy job to ride to retirement. Then when the fateful day arrived, he was woefully unprepared. To some degree, I almost believe him when he says he didn't know he was in charge at the scene. I don't think he had a clue what his job was other than drive around in a uniform and collect paychecks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back