Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - Memphis police are searching for a woman who went missing early Friday.

Eliza Fletcher, 34, went missing in the early morning hours. Police found her personal items but have not located her.

Her last reported location was on Carr Avenue, near S Willett Street.

Her description is 5 foot, 6 inches tall, 137 pounds with brown hair and green eyes.

The University of Memphis sent an alert to students saying a woman had been kidnapped at about 4:30 a.m. on Central Avenue, near the school’s campus.

Officers were called to the scene around 7 a.m. when Fletcher was reported missing.

Police say the woman frequently jogs in the area and was approached by an unknown person and forced into an SUV.

The suspect was possibly in a dark color SUV traveling westbound on Central Ave.

Police say Fletcher’s phone was found smashed and the phone and her water bottle were found in front of a home on Central Ave.

Friends say the woman they know as Liza is an avid runner and is a mother of two children.

She is also a teacher at St. Mary’s Episcopal School, where she teaches Junior Kindergarten.

Anyone with information about Fletcher’s whereabouts should call 911 immediately.

1662137394274.png

1662137721483.png

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A 34-year-old school teacher who went for a run Friday morning is missing and may have been kidnapped, Memphis police say.

Eliza Fletcher, who lives in the 1500 block of Carr in Midtown, went out for a run early Friday, according to a City Watch alert.

Police say she was seen at Central Avenue and Zach Curlin near the University of Memphis around 4:20 a.m., when an unknown person approached her.

Fletcher was reportedly forced into a SUV and taken away. The suspect is believed to be in a dark-colored SUV possibly heading west on Central.

Fletcher’s personal items have been found, but she has not returned home, police say. A family friend told WREG her phone was found in the area, which is when officials were alerted.

It is believed the abduction was captured on nearby surveillance cameras. Police were gathered near Central Avenue and Zach Curlin on Friday.

“We don’t know what’s going on, but everybody is desperately looking for her and the police here are on it. You can see there is a lot of activity, so if you know anything or saw anything early this morning, we just ask that you come forward,” said Hart Robinson, a friend of Wellford.

Anyone with information is asked to call 911 immediately.

Very scary! I'm hopeful that the video footage will provide enough information to find this mom. Her family must be terrified. I'm wondering about random vs planned/stalker. Being that it was so early and she appears to run the same route, it could be someone who was watching her. Purse let her be found safe soon!

hopefully she's found safe. my mind went to sherri papini this one seems different

I'm glad you said that, although I'm not convinced of your conclusion. We need a bit more information, but I have some issues here that I'll bring up if I still have them later on (things on her Facebook page which I linked above), and the condition of her phone.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Bright colored top is much better for visibility. I used to distance run in early mornings (and sometimes evenings) and would wear very similar running tops/shorts to what she is wearing, especially in warm weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
How terrifying. I'm also curious on totally random vs. planned. Articles mention she routinely jogged at this time and in this area. I wonder if it was even every single morning? In that case, it would be very easy for someone nearby to notice her day after day and plan this out. I could easily see someone pulling up to a curb and calling her over as if to ask a question and then grabbing her. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni