Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if they can tell if the gardening shears had recently been used - if not at home then maybe in an area that a body could be hidden.. IMO.
<modsnip> Maybe it was genuinely random…

Last edited by a moderator:
As with many of these cases, I find myself being awake all night worried about Liza. I am wondering about a few things....if the surveillance video shows her being taken, was there any evidence of struggle that could be seen? Was there any audio that might suggest Liza screamed? I know myself I would have screamed my butt off making quite a racket. I know it was 4:30 in the morning but someone had to see or hear something as some folks are up all night like me or work odd early morning hours. <modsnip>

Just some random thoughts regarding the time her husband reported her missing. If she was used to running in the early morning hours before leaving for work, she may not have gone to bed or gotten up at the same time as her husband. I wonder if it’s possible he woke up and she wasn’t home and he thought she had left for work already? If he didn’t check to see if her vehicle was still at the house he might not have realized she was missing until the school called because she hadn’t arrived. Maybe? MOO

Being respectful of TOS, and taking the position of husband also being a victim, I would suggest that he was alarmed when she hadn’t returned by a designated time. Is it likely they shared location trackers via phone service?

If this were the case he does a very quick “find L”: location “here”. - then calls campus police, City PD, and asks friend to look in shown location.

Idk..

Hoping this ends well

1662213057049.jpeg

Less than 24 hours after the abduction, police were at Fletcher’s home and were seen towing a white SUV from the scene. A computer and a pair of lawn shears were tagged as evidence and removed from the home, local ABC24 reported.

I am a little late to this one and trying to catch up, but has it been discussed if this possibly could be voluntary? I wouldn't think so, since there are two small children involved, but it would be one way to leave her current situation if she so desired. I am guessing she would have access to plenty of resources.
JMO but I don’t think so. Why would she leave her children just to get away from her current situation? Her family has offered a reward, meaning they are concerned for her well being. If she wanted to get away she could have gone to stay with family.

As with many of these cases, I find myself being awake all night worried about Liza. I am wondering about a few things....if the surveillance video shows her being taken, was there any evidence of struggle that could be seen? Was there any audio that might suggest Liza screamed? I know myself I would have screamed my butt off making quite a racket. I know it was 4:30 in the morning but someone had to see or hear something as some folks are up all night like me or work odd early morning hours. <modsnip>
I was wondering the same if anyone heard her scream, but I guess if attacker also covered her mouth with something, perhaps she was unable to scream while still outside the car. <modsnip>

I just went down Central Ave on google maps, down by the University area. This looks like a very traveled road with 4 lanes. Running a main rd at 4:30 am, by yourself, especially a petite woman, is not something that is safe anymore, sadly. I used to be out there by 5 am. No more, sadly.

I think Apple and another company make very small tracking devices that would fit in a pocket (size of a quarter). While highly unlikely would ever be needed sure would be beneficial in these kind of cases if they were to be used. Could probably be sewn inside of shorts or any clothing for that matter. Doesn't help here but perhaps an idea for those posting here who say they are joggers as well

With regards to how someone would react when confronted by a potential abductor the usual responses are fight, flight, freeze or appease, but exactly how it will play out depends on so many different factors.
I know that when it happened to me as an 11 year old, I had a gut reaction that I could not let him get me into his vehicle and I bolted. I was so frightened I literally could not make a sound.
In another situation as an adult when I was assaulted during an attempted robbery, my response was totally different - I screamed my lungs out and beat the perpetrator with my bag.
moo

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

She recently finished first female overall in a 25k trail race. I'd say she is pretty accomplished. Being gone for a couple of hours on an early morning training run probably wouldn't be that unusual if she was training for another race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member