Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Eliza had ever had any personal safety training about the possibility of protecting herself from being kidnapped for ransom. If so, she may have been more likely to comply with a gunman after the struggle, than fight to the death there and then. (This is theoretical thinking anyway because things can change in an actual situation).

She didn’t deserve any of this.

My theories were all wrong. This is yet another totally random act of most possibly, murder, of a wonderful woman and mom by a drug addicted felon who should have been in jail. When are things ever going to change?? I hope there are 'take back the night' walks in Eliza's city. I am just so sickened and mad over this. Her little kids might very well never see their mom again. <modsnip> This sicko won't even tell still where Eliza is? Leaving her family in longer torture of not knowing. I'm just sickened over this whole case. Sending prayers the family knows where she is soon...NOBODY should have to go through this pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a fact that husband lawyered up? Asking because now I'm wondering why his computer and car were not taken into evidence? Or, did I miss that? This case has moved along quickly.
I don't know what are facts about her husband and what are not. I believe their car was definitely towed away from the home. I read things early on that I no longer believe are even true of him. Also, the time frame of his calling to initally report her missing had me concerned. Very confusing case to know what is fact or made up...

The quote below is from www.heavy.com (not a new article):

“The alert says that a “male approached her at approximately 4:30 a.m. in the middle of Central Avenue and appeared to leave with her in an unknown vehicle following a brief struggle.” Police figured this out by obtaining surveillance video showing the abduction.”

I know this has been discussed before about being one/two abductors. She is running in the street (most runners do) and he was waiting for her? Why would he just hang out there?

Can’t imagine he’d be able to get her in his SUV, close the door, and walk around to the drivers door without her bolting? There would have to be another person driving I’d think. And if so, I’d be inclined to think it’s a robbery but runners don’t typically carry debit cards.

This doesn’t make sense.

Many people go into a shock/compliance mode when confronted with violence or serious threat of it. It is not unusual and it does make sense. As far as runners, you see everything. One can see obviously vigilant and situationally aware ones, and one can see obviously oblivious and unaware ones.

So we don't know all the facts yet, anything is possible. But the perp may simply not have known that runners often dont carry cash or debit credit cards. Generally speaking criminals are not very intelligent, and score pretty low on IQ tests.

My theories were all wrong. This is yet another totally random act of most possibly, murder, of a wonderful woman and mom by a drug addicted felon who should have been in jail. When are things ever going to change?? I hope there are 'take back the night' walks in Eliza's city. I am just so sickened and mad over this. Her little kids might very well never see their mom again. <modsnip> This sicko won't even tell still where Eliza is? Leaving her family in longer torture of not knowing. I'm just sickened over this whole case. Sending prayers the family knows where she is soon...NOBODY should have to go through this pain.
Right, just getting worse and worse, rapidly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that Eliza used to jog as early as 4 a.m.
Are there any other joggers at this time in the morning?
Or pedestrians?

While I desperately cling to hope for Liza, I realize it’s likely not to be. We just don’t know so we wait with heavy hearts. My thoughts are with her family. I can only imagine their pain and heartache in these moments.

I also feel it’s important to point out this case has been handled in a tremendous way by Law Enforcement. I can’t say enough good about them. In an age when it’s popular to rail against the police, these officers continue to work long hours at a breakneck pace, knowing time matters. Even for seasoned officials, these cases are hard. They see the worst of the worst, yet they give their best. I appreciate all they are doing for Liza and her loved ones.

The quote below is from www.heavy.com (not a new article):

“The alert says that a “male approached her at approximately 4:30 a.m. in the middle of Central Avenue and appeared to leave with her in an unknown vehicle following a brief struggle.” Police figured this out by obtaining surveillance video showing the abduction.”

I know this has been discussed before about being one/two abductors. She is running in the street (most runners do) and he was waiting for her? Why would he just hang out there?

Can’t imagine he’d be able to get her in his SUV, close the door, and walk around to the drivers door without her bolting? There would have to be another person driving I’d think. And if so, I’d be inclined to think it’s a robbery but runners don’t typically carry debit cards.

This doesn’t make sense.
He may have seen her, circled around and waited for her, like Mollie Tibbet's killer. It can take just a few seconds to overpower someone and force them into a vehicle. I think there was another person driving, too, which would make it even quicker.

He may have seen her, circled around and waited for her, like Mollie Tibbet's killer. It can take just a few seconds to overpower someone and force them into a vehicle. I think there was another person driving, too, which would make it even quicker.
Hopefully, if this scenario bears out, this other individual will be found and charged. Even being in the vehicle with a perpetrator during the commission of a felony will result in that party being charged as an equal in the crime.

"The family has met with police, and we have shared with them all the information we know. More than anything, we want to see Liza returned home safely," Fletcher's uncle, Mike Keeney said

"We want to start by thanking everyone for their prayers and outpouring of support," Fletcher's uncle, Mike Keeney, said in the video while surrounded by members of their family, including Fletcher's parents, brother and husband.

"Liza has touched the hearts of many people and it shows," he added.

"More than anything, we want to see Liza returned home safely," Keeney said. "We believe someone knows what happened and can help."

Abston.jpg

A picture of 38-year-old Cleotha Abston.

He was a minor at the time of this offense. Prob served 15 and then was out in time to do it all over again.
Yes, 20 years "without possibility of parole" turning out to be less than 20 is not uncommon.
We all believe in second chances, especially for minors. But with violent crimes, including multiple threats and likely intention to committee homicide, letting people out early is an objective increased danger to the public. If the arrested guy is the perp, we know for certain this woman would be alive if he had served his full sentence.

This thread is now closed. Continue the discussion in Thread #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member