Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Tennessee, especially aggravated kidnapping requires that at least one of the following be true:
+ Victim under 13
+ Deadly weapon used (or victim would have reasonably believed so)
+ Kidnapping for the purpose of ransom or hostage
+ Serious bodily injury

I have been speculating that a weapon (likely a gun) \was used to get Liza into the attacker’s car. She’s clearly fit and strong, and I presume as a distance runner she’s familiarized herself with safety practices if she regularly trains in the pre-dawn hours. But a weapon is another story. And we know that CA’s brother/cousin/relative was arrested with a gun, so presumably CA had access to guns.

Might LE also have early evidence that he planned to hold EF hostage for ransom? As other posters have stated, it could have been a random abduction, but EF’s family background points to money. Does CA have some connection to this family? What is up with the garden shears? Has he been to the Fletcher home in the past to do work?

jmo

I am wondering if Pookie, after doing 20 years, was hooked up with a social program that finds convicted felons gainful employment (hence the mug shot haircut, much changed from his FB pix). Maybe he did yard work for the F family, thus explaining LE taking the the garden shears (for fingerprints?). One such initiative: Programs — LifeLine to Success
An interesting thought!

Im afraid this seems to be a sexual assault.
Surely the perp didn't think a jogger carried a bank card?
Or he somehow knew about the family fortune??
Or there is still another twist.

What a terrible shame.
Instead of appreciating the 2nd chance of life outside prison, he did it again.

But I still hope for a positive outcome.
Naively, I guess.

If he noticed her phone he wouldn’t necessarily need to worry about a bank card.

Maybe not everyone has their bank cards in their e-wallet, but he may have counted on it. Or just a forced Venmo transfer… (which would be stupid, but that’s not really a question up for debate anyway )

If he noticed her phone he wouldn’t necessarily need to worry about a bank card.

Maybe not everyone has their bank cards in their e-wallet, but he may have counted on it. Or just a forced Venmo transfer… (which would be stupid, but that’s not really a question up for debate anyway )

True :)
But her phone was found smashed in the street at the place of abduction.

Would he have time to make a quick transfer?

I have no idea.

Last edited:
I am wondering if Pookie, after doing 20 years, was hooked up with a social program that finds convicted felons gainful employment (hence the mug shot haircut, much changed from his FB pix). Maybe he did yard work for the F family, thus explaining LE taking the the garden shears (for fingerprints?). One such initiative: Programs — LifeLine to Success
That would explain how LE was able to get a warrant so quickly and took the garden sheers and the car. He may have ridden in the vehicle.

Also, the family seemed to know something. They looked shocked and grief stricken from the start, as if they expected the worst. It would be horrible if someone they knew and trusted committed this crime.

That would explain how LE was able to get a warrant so quickly and took the garden sheers and the car. He may have ridden in the vehicle.

Also, the family seemed to know something. They looked shocked and grief stricken from the start, as if they expected the worst. It would be horrible if someone they knew and trusted committed this crime.
Yes. They would have been able to match his fingerprints on the shears to those in his arrest records.

Last edited:
MOD NOTE:

The second person arrested at the same time as the POI in this case is OFF TOPIC to this case unless/until law enforcement announces they are involved in THIS case. Timeouts and thread bans will be issued for members who discuss this person.

This thread is dedicated to discussion of Eliza's specific case and facts related directly to her case. It is NOT for the broader, overall discussion of violence against women.

Violence against women is a vast public / social justice issue that is not peculiar to this case. WS has hundreds, if not thousands, of cases that have involved such violence. If you wish to discuss the topic in general, I'm sure you'll find a thread you can contribute to. Just do a 'title' search using the word 'violence' and have a look around. You will find many WS threads and resources related to violence in general.

Question for those who follow these cases regularly - what's the likelihood of a perp being arrested and the victim being found alive after the fact? Are there examples of that happening? If so, what were the circumstances in other cases?

Question for those who follow these cases regularly - what's the likelihood of a perp being arrested and the victim being found alive after the fact? Are there examples of that happening? If so, what were the circumstances in other cases?
My observation is that a stranger abduction that involves keeping the victim alive for more than a couple hours, if that, is very rare (though when it happens, it gets a lot of media attention). Usually, when people are killed by a stranger and there is more than one crime scene (i.e., an abduction in one place followed by a murder in another), the murder takes place very quickly after the abduction, usually without even going to another inside location.

So, in other words, finding the victim alive after the fact is a very rare event; in a case in which the perp is found hours after the fact, and the victim is not in the presence of the perp, the victim is already gone.

I don't have stats or a link, it's just what I've observed in watching lots of cases unfold over the years, so this is MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419