Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the affidavit, I am realizing that the family likely received this information day 1, and likely even viewed the abduction video.

I think they already assume the worst and just want to locate her remains.

In hindsight, it certainly seems that way from the video they released.

Yes, and had we known that, then this all would have made a heck of a lot more sense early on.

I was under the impression that this occurred much faster, with a blitz attack and the vehicle speeding away. That seemed suspiciously easy.

He must have been trying to get her under control during that time (or worse).
I was also thinking that it happened quickly.

It also said in the affidavit that his cell phone history shows the phone was in the area of the abduction at the same time. Since that was not his vehicle was not his, I wonder if there is any tracking that LE can use to trace his route. I was hoping that when LE caught this guy he would be the polar opposite of a criminal mastermind. Sounds like I might get my wish. He appears to be a real life version of Pinky as in Pinky and The Brain.

I believe this is only available for Federal Inmates, not State inmates. I’m assuming robbing a federally protected bank would qualify the Kemper kidnapping as a federal crime?
Oh jeez, IDK. If the internet was not available to Cleo in state, then he probably just had someone post for him. During phone calls and visits, he would just tell them. IMO, Cleo is a just a low-level lifelong , doubt he’d qualify for any special privileges.

Thinking now of all the grief that Eliza's family is undergoing.
How quickly life can turn from an ordinary day to the unfathomable.

I see here a woman who apparently did inherit quite a bit of money, but didn't spend her days fanning herself on the sofa and eating bonbons. She had a passion for running, apparently went at a time that her husband and /or nanny would be home while the children were sleeping, and had a career as a teacher.

I see here a husband who self-admitted to some issues earlier in their marriage, and apparently some were substance related, but who at least to outward appearances was and had been seeking help, and their marriage endured.

I'm sure the husband knows that usually the spouse is the first suspect, and so retained a lawyer. I disagree with those who believed he was guilty because he touched his face a lot during the family press op, which according to body language experts indicates guilt. What I saw was a man wiping away tears, trying to hold it together. I don't believe in body language experts because it's so inexact.

He will need so much strength to raise their children and I pray he gets through it without backsliding.

Her mother looked so overwhelmed that she couldn't even move.

Jmo

At 4.30 it must have still been dark, no? With sunrise at about 6 am.

At this time, in my city in Europe, the streets are deserted.
Just a few people hurrying here and there for the morning shift.

This new update stings like a switch. Right now, I don’t even feel like posting. At least on this one, I had almost zero hope which is odd for me. Still, I …oh, idk what to say. All of y’all sleuth out this sleazy sick criminal and any other related suspects that may slither out from under a rock. I think I’m gonna sit this one out on the sidelines. I’m sitting here on the bed with my granddaughter listening to music while she plays on her phone. She wears the bra tops and little stretch shorts while she runs and works out. I look over at her beautiful face and suddenly, I’m very frightened for her. Now, I’m not even wanting her to walk home by herself. Go WS!

What's the process from here? Do detectives give him a chance to explain what happened, or if he's being uncooperative do they start threatening him with severe charges? Threat of capital punishment if he refuses?
Yes. They will also try to get the other guy they arrested to talk, and will arrest everyone he knows who has an outstanding warrant and try to get them to flip/give information.

That’s just until they can get their facts together likely. JMO
Yes. I’d imagine those conversations going something like,
“We know you didn’t have anything to do with the kidnapping, so just tell us where she is and everything you know about it so we can deal with the right man.”
Both will be involved, I’m guessing.

The car sat there for 4 minutes before it moved. Ugh. MOO.
4 minutes to subdue her … my first thought was not good, but it could mean he was trying to keep her alive. I’ve noticed lately listening and reading crime stories that it seems the majority of women kidnapped, raped and killed are very small framed, 100 pounds. If he was lying in wait, he clearly had been watching/stalking her and he could see she was a very strong, athletic female that would not be easily taken.
It makes sense if it was random, but now it sounds like it wasn’t so random. What is that saying, “even the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.”

After reading the affidavit, I am realizing that the family likely received this information day 1, and likely even viewed the abduction video.

I think they already assume the worst and just want to locate her remains.

In hindsight, it certainly seems that way from the video they released.
Maybe. I thought they still had hope because of the reward for "her safe return". However, if they suspected she was already gone, wording it like that almost guaranteed there would be no pay out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member