Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He left his shoes at the scene?? Or his DNA was on her shoes left at the scene?
Possibly during the "brief struggle" one of his shoes came off.....or he grabbed one of Eliza's shoes as she was kicking him and it came off with his touch DNA on it. Or it could be that he had an extra pair of shoes in his car and one fell out onto the ground while he was getting her into the SUV.

Do we know that this service cleans homes? what about businesses? they hire cleaning companies too and would have less heartburn over hiring a convict to clean an empty office after hours, MOO
I totally agree, there are all sorts of cleaning jobs with different positions. Felons too need access to legal jobs so I’m not yet judging that company at all.

So he abducted her on Colonial Ave. <modsnip - statement has not been confirmed> Then he drove further south to the apt complex where his brother lived and washed his clothes and the vehicle. Given the direction he was going, always south, it would stand to reason that Eliza is somewhere between the initial abduction site and the place where her clothes were found. There is a small park, Audobon park, between the two areas as well as a number of university buildings. I'm also wondering why the shears were taken from Eliza's home? Was this random or had CA been to their home to do some yard work? If so, could he have dragged her into the botanical gardens at the university? I don't know, CA seems to be more about taking chances and acting impulsively. Is there any word of any search areas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Even stupider is his alleged participation in this crime, after spending 20 years in prison. Pookie has apparently chosen life on the installment plan.

jmo

Sounds like he was about 18 years old when he was sentenced to prison for his first kidnapping and that he was a juvenile offender with a record. The recidivism rate is extremely high for someone with that kind of criminal record.

Might LE also have early evidence that he planned to hold EF hostage for ransom? As other posters have stated, it could have been a random abduction, but EF’s family background points to money. Does CA have some connection to this family? What is up with the garden shears? Has he been to the Fletcher home in the past to do work?

jmo
I’m wondering also if she could have offered the money—as in, “Don’t hurt me, my family has money, I can get it for you.” If he started to take her up on that offer, would that qualify?
L

So he abducted her on Colonial Ave. <modsnip - statement no confirmed as fact>. Then he drove further south to the apt complex where his brother lived and washed his clothes and the vehicle. Given the direction he was going, always south, it would stand to reason that Eliza is somewhere between the initial abduction site and the place where her clothes were found. There is a small park, Audobon park, between the two areas as well as a number of university buildings. I'm also wondering why the shears were taken from Eliza's home? Was this random or had CA been to their home to do some yard work? If so, could he have dragged her into the botanical gardens at the university? I don't know, CA seems to be more about taking chances and acting impulsively. Is there any word of any search areas?
Agree completely. Spur of the moment impulsive crime, think she will be found only partially concealed in a park/wooded area of some sort. Timeline suggest no time or equipment to dig or to dump in water ( shovel, tarp, weights etc.) Senseless..and so sad. He needs to never see the outside world again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly during the "brief struggle" one of his shoes came off.....or he grabbed one of Eliza's shoes as she was kicking him and it came off with his touch DNA on it. Or it could be that he had an extra pair of shoes in his car and one fell out onto the ground while he was getting her into the SUV.

According to the affadavit they were his sandals (slides) and it was from DNA on the sandals that they identified the perp. They also tracked down video from the day before with him wearing the sandals. They must have come off his feet during the struggle, or he kicked them off as he ran at her.

Pookie is INSTITUTIONALIZED.
Yes, it is a syndrome. To prevent it, because sooner or later, there will be lots of still young people discharged into the real world, is the task. It is for our safety. Cleo will go in for life, I assume, but there will be many others. We have to think of a better system.
I would assume the motive was simply sexual assault whether or not he was successful. She may have proven to be too much of a fighter for him to do what he intended.
If at 18 his crime was abduction and robbery, then at 38, the type of the crime should have been the same. Abduction, maybe, robbery, plus sexual. (A man who spent 20 years in jail probably dreaming of what he’d do when outside). I wouldn’t be surprised if he planned to rob her, too, but I think that she was fighting him, and it ended up quickly.

I’m wondering also if she could have offered the money—as in, “Don’t hurt me, my family has money, I can get it for you.” If he started to take her up on that offer, would that qualify?
L
Doubt she had time even for this sadly. Probably knocked her unconscious or strangled her in that 4 minutes that elapsed before he drove off.

It was said that she was an early bird and was atheletic so it means that she went for a run everyday. So may be CA was closely monitoring her since the time i.e 4 was one wherein he could easily abduct her without anyone witnessing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73