Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh BM’s name leaves a bad taste in my mouth… as for CA I wonder how much he even knew about DNA and forensics after being locked up for so long? If inmates were talking about it, I don’t think he listened.
He didn’t look for cameras, he left his shoes and IMO he could have been washing his clothes and cleaning the vehicle just to clean them, not necessarily with thoughts of cleaning up evidence. He had to go to that location to return vehicle that he borrowed?
He’s either one of the dumbest criminals or a total narcissist who believes he can get away with it. Which doesn’t make sense when he was just arrested in June 2022 for theft OVER $10k. A downright crime that they didn’t keep him.

<modsnip: No link for image>

He didn't know that much. While in jail, he obviously was not into "true crime", DNA and such. Much less, cellphone tracking, triangulation, etc. Whether he is naturally dumb or smart, unclear. Uneducated, obviously. I suspect that he is obstinate and paranoid, but it is just my feeling. He probably won't talk. JMO. Or else, they need a very skilled negotiator.

Appears they do have tracking information. Explains why they have Boats and ATVs at community center. From McDonalds or to McDonalds? Did he go eat afterwards? Sickening.

Attachments

• E3A56841-EAA5-4708-8A9F-D1028F28C3D5.jpeg
    E3A56841-EAA5-4708-8A9F-D1028F28C3D5.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 30
  • D207E07B-E749-4D26-AD83-5D1F9571CCE9.jpeg
    D207E07B-E749-4D26-AD83-5D1F9571CCE9.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 23
How exactly did he think he would get away with this?

CCTV cameras everywhere
His DNA would already be on file

The mind boggles that he is just this vile of human being and that jail taught him nothing at all. Don’t you get interviewed before release to make sure you won’t reoffend?
Apparently looking at his police records, he has been getting away with it!

Do any of you ever ponder fate in cases like this? If only one of the boys had been sick, or she pulled a muscle and couldn't run that day, or Abston's vehicle quit on him that morning and he had to call a tow truck. I go over these things in my mind thinking if only ... then Eliza would be alive and with her family at Church this morning :(

Me too. I'd be a bit surprised if she wasn't found today. He didn't have much time to work with, based on the timeline, so I imagine she was dumped haphazardly.

If data doesn't lead then there, someone is going to stumble upon her body.
Hoping you’re right, and she’s found today! However, if he managed to get to a river or another large body of water, this could take awhile. JMO.

Joggers don't typically carry wallets on them, so I'm convinced this was purely sexually motivated.
I am too. If it were robbery he certainly didn't need to kidnap her. He could have knocked her down, robbed her and disappeared. Would have been much easier for him to escape from and possibly not get caught.

Only more serious aggravating circumstances will lead to a charge of “especially aggravated kidnapping.”

These circumstances include kidnapping someone under the age of 13, kidnapping in order to get a ransom or reward, kidnapping someone to hold as a hostage, using a deadly weapon while kidnapping, or seriously injuring someone in a kidnapping crime.

Especially aggravated kidnapping is charged as a Class A felony carrying 15 up to 60 years in prison and fines of up to $50,000.
Thanks for this. I was about to look it up. I’m guessing he had a gun or he seriously injured her while kidnapping her. I doubt he knew who he was kidnapping and had no plans to ask for ransom.

Well, as we wait, I'm going to go light a candle for hope, if anyone wants to join,
Where I am now, there are no candles, but people said in these cases, one can simply leave a lamp, some light on, for a day or so, with the feeling that it is a candle.
People who commit sexual crimes are not simply people who are economically disadvantaged.
They are cretins. Period. They will commit sex crimes whether they have economic means or not.

No excuses for rapists, IMO. None.
Agree, but statistically, only 5% of SK get caught. (I wonder if CA had the makings of a SK, btw). However, the person next door can be a rapist, or a killer, and we won't ever know. :(

Last edited:
Hoping you’re right, and she’s found today! However, if he managed to get to a river or another large body of water, this could take awhile. JMO.
I don’t think this guy cares that much. He wasn’t careful in any way. He dumped her somewhere and I believe she will be found barely hidden.

Maybe he even subconsciously wanted to return to jail? He seems to have done every single thing possible to get busted.

I am pondering a family ransom scheme that went quickly went bad, if EF fought back.
I think we're going to learn that he had never seen her before, and didn't know who she was. Kidnapping for ransom is exceedingly rare in the United States, but sexually motivated homicides occur far too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288