Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to sit on my fingers since I have nothing to add other than my continued thoughts and prayers.
I don't understand why all these various areas being searched except for possible (probable) data from the perps phone and possibly the vehicle he used.
This search has literally been all over the city, and still no Eliza.
I do hope these tips pan out and her family gets answers. If they are searching in the Getwell/Nonconnah Creek/Airport areas also this is literally an all-out search. Kudos to MPD for their determination and quick actions on bringing him in.
Following without posting until we know something else solid,
Chi
Quite possible he handed her off the someone else who left the area. Especially if it is a kidnapping where she stays alive for a possible ransom.

I’m still wondering why the victim’s home was searched and “evidence” seized if they had so much information on the abductor and if it was indeed a totally random kidnapping.

All MOO, but this is still bugging me a tiny bit.

May have been them just doing due diligence, but I’m wondering if there are any possible other connections they are [still?] looking at.

That is weird. Looking back the reference to a June 2022 arrest in Shelby County was cited to Tennessee.arrests.org and the site lists arrest for THEFT OF PROPERTY $10000-$60000. But that isn’t an official website of course so I suppose it could be an error or it could be he was booked but then no charges filed. I agree if he was charged it should come up in the court search you did.
that amt sounds like a car- do they classify auto theft separately?

Cellphones smuggled into prisons — enabling inmates to order murders, plan escapes, deal drugs and extort money — have become a scourge in a bloc of states where corrections officers annually confiscate as many as one for every three inmates.

In South Carolina, prison officers have found and taken one phone for every three inmates, the highest rate in the country. In Oklahoma, it's one phone for every six prisoners, the nation's second-highest rate. Other states in the top 10 are Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida and Arkansas and Louisiana.

"Most of these guys are just chitchatting with their girlfriends, but some of these guys are stone-hardened criminals running criminal enterprises," said Kevin Tamez of the MPM group, a litigation consulting firm that specializes in prison security.

Cellphones are so prevalent in the prison system, Tamez said, that "if you don't have them, you would look like a loser."

What I don't understand about cell phones in prison is that geo fence technology exist so even if they did get a phone in it could be rendered useless if the prison set up a geo fence.

LE could still use cell but they would need to use a password to get around the geo fence

I’m still wondering why the victim’s home was searched and “evidence” seized if they had so much information on the abductor and if it was indeed a totally random kidnapping.

All MOO, but this is still bugging me a tiny bit.

May have been them just doing due diligence, but I’m wondering if there are any possible other connections they are [still?] looking at.

I was getting ready to post something similar. Why would they remove a computer and her car (and garden shears, possibly) yesterday morning if they already had pretty significant leads on what/who they were looking for? By that time, they had seen the video of the abduction and the violence involved... why would they be looking for other things that seem unrelated?

Do we have any reason to believe this is connected? I'm not saying it is or isn't but simply asking. There could be lots of reasons for police to be on the side of a highway.

I haven't seen anything, except that the guy who posted it, Ian Ripple, has been tweeting everything he can find about the case. I was hoping somebody else had.

So he kidnaps her, then immediately kills her? He had to have had some kind of weapon for her not to outrun him
I think she was either killed or badly injured/incapacitated very soon after she was pulled in the car. Could have any type of weapon, rope, etc. or just his fists/hands. I don’t think she was able to outrun him because I think he took her by surprise.

Quite possible he handed her off the someone else who left the area. Especially if it is a kidnapping where she stays alive for a possible ransom.
If she was still alive, the perp would have disclosed this by now because he is in custody. The fact that he is silent, means that she is dead, in all likelihood. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member