Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure the actual details about the witnesses who have spoken up but I just have to say that I’m so glad they shared this evil being’s actions and behaviors instead of staying closed-lipped because they are related or have a relationship with him. I’m sure it’s hard to speak up and speak out against a loved one but wrong is wrong. Period. I feel a sense of being united against evil and united for EF’s loved ones and anyone else impacted by similar evil acts against humanity. I do wish more could have been done before he did this.

LE moved in so incredibly quickly, but how did they get the DNA on the sides so quickly, what were they looking for at home?

I suppose the original witness who fired in a report somehow triggered Uni to look through their video. We dont know to whom or how it is reportes? Or when?

Then comes the person who found the phone and sides.

When does this come into timeline? Does LE know they have a missing person/incident?
The affidavit released earlier provides a detailed timeline of events

This article has a brief summary of the affidavit and indicates the order of some of the key events previous poster asked about.

UPDATE: Memphis Police have confiscated the dumpster outside Abston’s brother’s apartment complex.

I thought they did that yesterday.

Memphis TBI and marshals plus all other LE are just fabulous in this case. They were just on point from abduction to suspect to evidence. Now I don’t want to sound disrespectful but why does it seem they are all over Memphis and can’t locate her? Was it because he was traveling all over? I feel he travelled a 10 mile radius and wasn’t what most of us think as a seasoned criminal hence the left behind slides. I’m just confused why they can’t locate her? Was he so disorganized that it makes this a challenge ?
Yeah, seems they may be following his cell phone GPS. I suppose he could have dropped his phone off at home, then left again with her body. Maybe he called someone else and handed her off to be dumped, maybe in the river. It’s awful to think about.

May be overkill but this kind of timeline helps me to keep facts straight so thought I would share. Please feel free to let me know if any needs corrected. All of this is straight from CA’s arrest affidavit:

Friday 9/2

4:00am - Eliza leaves for run

~4:06am - surveillance captures black GMC Terrain vehicle in area of abduction and captured partial plate.

~4:30am - Surveillance video from 3876 Central Avenue showed a black GMC Terrain passing and then waiting for victim to run by. When she ran by, man exited vehicle, ran aggressively at victim and struggle ensued. Eventually forced her into passenger side of black GMC. Vehicle remained in parking lot for 4 minutes. Then drove away.

6:45am - citizen riding bike finds phone and pair of Champion slides lying in the street (area of Central Ave and Zach Curtain Street). Items turned over to EF family member, then given to LE.

7:00am - RF, husband of EF, reported his wife missing after she failed to return from her morning run.

7:50am - SA sees CA outside home of his brother (MA) at 1700 block of S Orleans Street aggressively cleaning/scrubbing interior of black GMC Terrain, reports he was acting strangely. Both SA and MA reported that CA also cleaned his clothes in the sink of this home.

Last edited:
I’ve wondered the same. With all the tracking technology, scent dogs, LE, plus the fact that he didn’t have a huge amount of time to travel to dispose of evidence/hide a body. Seems like the most recent focus is back to the area they were at earlier today
Maybe that’s where she’s at then. I have no idea. I think it’s evidence only there but we shall see. It’s driving me crazy that they seemed to have so much then it dwindled or did it and we just don’t know ?

Yeah, seems they may be following his cell phone GPS. I suppose he could have dropped his phone off at home, then left again with her body. Maybe he called someone else and handed her off to be dumped, maybe in the river. It’s awful to think about.
That would make sense and maybe following car gps. Seems like they are looking at parks and water. He could have ditched his phone. I’m not sure he was smart enough to understand phone or car gps. Will be interesting to hear for sure.

I’m not sure the actual details about the witnesses who have spoken up but I just have to say that I’m so glad they shared this evil being’s actions and behaviors instead of staying closed-lipped because they are related or have a relationship with him. I’m sure it’s hard to speak up and speak out against a loved one but wrong is wrong. Period. I feel a sense of being united against evil and united for EF’s loved ones and anyone else impacted by similar evil acts against humanity. I do wish more could have been done before he did this.
Maybe they didn't really want him around any more. An easy solution to a relative or friend who has worn out his time at their house.

I wonder what this guy has been doing since he has been released. Any other missing women in the area? Home invasions?

LE moved in so incredibly quickly, but how did they get the DNA on the sides so quickly, what were they looking for at home?
I saw somewhere that they already had a DNA match before they saw the video. I'm not sure I believe that. Before they saw the video all they had was a phone, a water bottle, some slides, and maybe a late jogger. I don't see why that would trigger an urgent run of DNA. I think I would have concluded she fell and got herself to urgent care. I don't think I would have gone straight to a kidnapping. And without that I would think the crime lab is busy enough to to prioritize on a hunch. Heck, until they knew a crime had been committed I don't even see how it would be justified to use police resources to test anything.

That is not to fault LE in anyway. They are doing an amazing job here.

May be overkill but this kind of timeline helps me to keep facts straight so thought I would share. Please feel free to let me know if any needs corrected. All of this is straight from CA’s arrest affidavit:

Friday 9/2

4:00am - Eliza leaves for run

~4:06am - surveillance captures black GMC Terrain vehicle in area of abduction and captured partial plate.

~4:30am - Surveillance video from 3876 Central Avenue showed a black GMC Terrain passing and then waiting for victim to run by. When she ran by, man exited vehicle, ran aggressively at victim and struggle ensued. Eventually forced her into passenger side of black GMC. Vehicle remained in parking lot for 4 minutes. Then drove away.

6:45am - citizen riding bike finds phone and pair of Champion slides lying in the street (area of Central Ave and Zach Curtain Street). Items turned over to EF family member, then given to LE.

7:00am - RF, husband of EF, reported his wife missing after she failed to return from her morning run.

7:50am - SA sees CA outside home of his brother (MA) at 1700 block of S Orleans Street aggressively cleaning/scrubbing interior of black GMC Terrain, reports he was acting strangely. Both SA and MA reported that CA also cleaned his clothes in the sink of this home.
I'm having so much trouble keeping up with this. Thank you for the timeline! I'm confused about the phone and slides being handed over (to a family member?) before she was reported missing. I must've missed something. Can you elaborate or point me towards this info please.

I doubt anyone would agree. CA has a tendency to get himself in special trouble. Both times he couldn’t have made worse choice with victims to abduct. I don’t know if it is random chance, or low IQ, or something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member