Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading the University's woman's cross country members had been harrassed lately by a dark SUV. Connected...who knows but it's possible he was stalking and skulking around that area Liza like to run.

Agree. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we learn that CA was the one harassing the university cross county runners.

I was wondering if the UM women’s CC team would be practicing during the very early morning hours before it gets too hot?

JMO

Last edited:
There's a sign on the gate that I can barely make out on Streetview. I think it says, Light, Gas, and Water. I suspect it's a municipal utility company.
Memphis Light Gas and Water
ALLEN location. On E Dison

44F83680-709E-4287-9DD1-9EC16559B2FE.jpeg

Not what I expected at all. The 1600 block of Victor is so near homes.
Google Maps

Except here -
www.google.com

Google Maps

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.
www.google.com
www.google.com

As many cases as I’ve followed and I still just can’t comprehend the human evil that walks this earth. I’ll never understand it. Her poor family! Heavenly Father be with Eliza’s family today and in the weeks and months to come, Amen.

Assuming the body is Eliza's, the fact that this was the expected end doesn't make it any less tragic and heartbreaking. If it is, I'll be at least thankful that her family can bury her properly and start the grieving process.

As for the animal that did this, I see his brilliant plan of not telling LE where she was is really paying dividends. Anything less than a capital murder charge will be an extreme disappointment.

There are a host of crimes that qualify as capital ones in Tennessee which can be seen here. IMO, he violated #'s 2, 5, 7 and possibly 13. Please LE make sure he's charged and punished as such.

More on his wallet theft on Sept 1 at the movie theater he was a cleaner at:

On Thursday, September 1, a woman reported to Memphis Police that her CashApp and Wisely Card were being used at gas stations without her knowledge or consent.

The woman told police that she left her wallet at work, at a Malco on Germantown Road. When investigators reviewed video from that Malco, they said they saw a member of a cleaning service take her wallet, an arrest affidavit shows. The manager of that cleaning service identified the person who took the wallet as Abston, police said.

The woman who’s wallet was stolen told police which gas stations her cards had been used at and investigators were able to recover footage showing Abston using the cards at gas pumps, according to an arrest affidavit.

In all, Abston took $910.80 from her, police said. In connection to that case, Abston now faces charges of identity theft, theft of property $1,000 or less and fraudulent use/illegal possession of credit/debit cards, according to his arrest affidavit.

That’s one thing I can’t figure out. He most likely subdued her in the four minutes he had her in the car. Why would you leave your shoes at the abduction site where he likely knew her phone was? Was someone driving or biking by and he didn’t want to risk it? Think his shoes couldn’t be tied to him?
Maybe like someone on here guessed earlier, these were extra shoes that fell out of the car? Or just he heard something after the struggle, thought oh #$%@ get in the car, missing shoes be damned, or he is just really dumb.

How much of the whole story will we get to hear?

1. The first thing I think in these moments is that I pray her suffering was very brief.

2. My heart goes out to her family, friends, students, colleagues...and to all Law Enforcement who have worked this case.

3. Time for justice.

Nah, he didn’t know who she was! This was not about money. Purely sexual.
<modsnip - commentary not about specifics of this case>

We know CA propositioned numerous women who he saw at/near his brother's house after he got out of prison; the rage he might have felt at being turned down by those women he might have taken out on EF. The crime seems, to me, the obvious attempt of a pathetic man to assert power and control over someone (maybe EF herself, or maybe just as a representative of all women) who dared to avoid or directly turned down, perhaps, CA's crude verbal sexual harassment. That's all my conjecture but it's based firmly on behaviors we know he demonstrated in the period between his release from prison and his suspected crime against EF.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is the 1600 block of Victor very close to the apartment where his brother lives? I think that was on Orleans.

It is strange that apparently her uncle worked at the same law firm as his prior victim from 20 years ago, but perhaps just coincidence.
Another coincidence?

I guess it's possible. How many larger law firms does Memphis have, and she would have the kind of relatives who are in the higher-earning professions.

Last edited:
It may sound counterintuitive BUT the act of rape or sexual assault is NOT about sex/desire/attraction. Those acts are about POWER and DOMINATION. A person who felt like their life had been out of their control for the last 20 years (like CA, who was imprisoned for that long) might become enraged at the freedom of law-abiding others to do as they wished, particularly if those law-abiding others happened to be a type of person (female) who you saw as your inferior.

We know CA propositioned numerous women who he saw at/near his brother's house after he got out of prison; the rage he might have felt at being turned down by those women he might have taken out on EF. The crime seems, to me, the obvious attempt of a pathetic man to assert power and control over someone (maybe EF herself, or maybe just as a representative of all women) dared to avoid or directly turned down, perhaps, CA's crude verbal sexual harassment. That's all my conjecture but it's based firmly on behaviors we know he demonstrated in the period between his release from prison and his suspected crime against EF.
Some posters have also described women hating and misogynistic content he has posted on his Facebook accounts, which I have not had the stomach to look at.

Thanks for posting and now he’ll be getting even more charges. And bond rescinded rightfully so. Nothing he experiences can ever match the devastation her family is experiencing.
He's not going to be able to post bond. But once the body is confirmed to be EF he will be charged with capital murder and bond will be revoked. Given how fast the TBI can match DNA I would not be surprised to see the new charges posted within a few hours although there really is no rush. There is no doubt in my mind that this guy will get the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak