Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked in the previous thread whether it was the system that failed or whether it was the individual committing the crime

Personally feel the system is damaged but can be repaired. Some individuals though, are broken, and are broken from the start - broken beyond repair and nothing can be done to mend them. CA is one of those people imo.

If he couldn't cope he could have committed a less heinous crime and served a sentence - he didnt need to sit in wait for, then rush aggressively at an unarmed person, terrifying her, stealing her life and taking her away from many people who loved and needed her and then just left her there in the grass, partially unclothed, thrown away and all because he thought he could and because he felt like it

jmo

I have spent the last two days trying to understand his mindset and I literally can not.

I don’t understand how you can spend 20 years in Jail and yet in that time not realise that you need to change.

20 years is a long time to reflect on where you went wrong and what you want to do right when released. He will have spent more time in jail than free on the streets when you look at his age.

He was not cuffed. When the judge asked him to raise his right hand to affirm the documents he filled out for a public defender he easily raised his right hand and there was no cuff on it. jmo

View attachment 364662

Court video. Timestamp: 1:57.

Good find.

And, then he reaches up at 7:48 here and scratches his chin.

Memphis police and several other law enforcement agencies found "tire marks" and smelled an "odor of decay" during their search for the body of Eliza Fletcher on Monday evening.

A new affidavit released Tuesday states that a law enforcement officer found the tire marks in high grass and an odor of decay at 1666 Victor St. in Memphis, which then led them to a rear driveway where a body later identified as Eliza Fletcher was found.

Authorities revealed on Tuesday that they discovered Fletcher's remains at 5:07 p.m. Monday in the "rear of a vacant duplex apartment" near the area where she was abducted.

I have spent the last two days trying to understand his mindset and I literally can not.

I don’t understand how you can spend 20 years in Jail and yet in that time not realise that you need to change.

20 years is a long time to reflect on where you went wrong and what you want to do right when released. He will have spent more time in jail than free on the streets when you look at his age.
He doesn’t have the same mindset as most people though… did he ever finish high school even? Get mentored by anyone that saw potential in him to be better? It’s just a different mentality that some people have of a dog eat dog world… Something had to change a long time ago to have him do that kind of reflecting I think…

Affidavit states that she was found in the rear of this house. By the steps?

Attachments

• 2D7C4C5B-70AB-4322-9226-2A26CBD09EB1.jpeg
    2D7C4C5B-70AB-4322-9226-2A26CBD09EB1.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 30
That's probably wishful thinking. If Eliza died from a head blow during the abduction there is no reason to remove her shorts. IMO
Imo I prefer to call it a possiblility, but if wishful thinking works for you that is fine too! Any clothing on a body makes it easier to identify the individual, no matter what has happened to them, so imo it makes sense a perp would remove clothes before disposal of a body.

Has anyone seen the newest affidavit? If so, could you post a link?

This is one of those times where I am hesitant to read the news articles that describe the horrifying details. A human being’s life was ended by a monster. I will never understand it nor will I try to.

You'd think in 20 years he'd realise the error of his ways and take his 2nd chance at life and make it an amazing one - clearly couldn't be bothered with the hard work that would take.

Don't understand it either, really grateful that I don't to be honest, the world is a dark enough place at times with people like this casting their long shadows over so much and so many without having that darkness in my head

moo

A few thoughts I have about this case:

1 - I wonder if he was completely clueless about how technology has changed the world over the last 20 years while he's been incarcerated. When he went to prison people were still using flip phones, and he reentered society in the middle of a pandemic in 2020. Smart phones are so expensive, maybe he didn't even get one until recently and didn't understand how all his movement is being tracked! It seems that is how the Police found the body by tracking his phone movement.

2 - I do think he likely thought EF was a college student. He was lurking around a campus at 4am. How in the world would he think a college student wouldn't be missed? I think he was so sloppy that it's likely this was his first time to abduct a woman.

3 - I hate that the news keeps calling her a "billionaire heiress". She was a mom, a wife and a teacher and appeared to live a fairly modest lifestyle. Her Grandfather founded a company with $2billion in revenue, but that's just revenues, not profits, and he had multiple children and she was one of nine of his grandchildren. She probably did have some sort of trust set up for her future, but her wealth was not her identity.

He has spent pretty much the entirety of his adulthood in prison. He has been involved with the legal system as a juvenile going back to age 12. He has no clue how to be a decent human and no compunction or motivation to want to be one.

As to the why's of this crime - I don't think it will make sense to a normal law abiding well adjusted person but the accused has likely never had one of those as a role model to even know what that looks like. Prison punished him but it clearly didn't rehabilitate him.

How do you rehabilitate someone who was never on the appropriate path to begin with? to rehabilitate is to restore something lost or return something lost after imprisonment. How do you restore something that never existed? Morals? Boundaries? Respect? You cannot restore what doesn't exist in the first place.

I think he was already back to his old behaviors, stealing, coveting. Only this time, he took the person he coveted. blonde, pretty, just out there running along as if she had every right to. And there he was, big ole prison chip on his shoulder, horned up and turned down by the ones he tried to approach for sex in his brother's neighborhood for money. I doubt very much had any of those females taken him up on his offer that he had $100 or was going to pay them that $100 if he did. They could very well have been behind that house instead of Eliza. He got tired of waiting for what he wanted. sex. So he took. Because it's what he has done since age 12. MOO IMO big fat cow yada yada

The video shows Abston arriving at the Longview Garden apartments where his brother lives around 7:57 a.m. Friday morning, more than three hours after Fletcher was forced into an SUV while she was jogging near the University of Memphis.

The video shows Abston arriving at the Longview Garden apartments where his brother lives around 7:57 a.m. Friday morning, more than three hours after Fletcher was forced into an SUV while she was jogging near the University of Memphis.

Not available in UK :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member