Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not sure where you're getting the word "indigenous", but in the post you quoted, i'm fairly certain that "indignant" is supposed to be "indigent"...maybe a spellcheck change that the poster did not catch before posting...
Got it. I thought it was a misspelling but tried to “translate in my own way”, thinking that maybe PD were assigned only to people living in this state. I don’t know laws well.

But - what is the definition of indigent in the context of public defense? Does it vary from one state to another, or there is a “set” federal level?

Got it. I thought it was a misspelling but tried to “translate in my own way”, thinking that maybe PD were assigned only to people living in this state. I don’t know laws well.

But - what is the definition of indigent in the context of public defense? Does it vary from one state to another, or there is a “set” federal level?
i would imagine each jurisdiction has its own criteria for determining indigent status...

The poster said "indignant" which makes perfect sense (as per mi previous post). At least I hope so!!!

Regarding the gas station - I had my purse stolen a few years ago and had $500 billed before I realized from a gas station. Stolen cards are used quickly typically at closest gas station found - thief offers to fill up a tank with card at lower rate in exchange for cash. That’s why security alerts and flags from banks happen at gas pumps - a text to linked account to approve the charge.

Edit to add: It’s also a scam that’s been around for a long time - but security alerts have improved greatly. Perhaps speaks again to CA’s lack of knowledge re tech advancements during years he was away.

Last edited:
Nothing, as far as I know. I wouldn’t expect anything until after the autopsy results, if then. However, they don’t seem to have any hesitation about calling it murder.

MOO
Even though they don't know how she was murdered, if way she found was inconsistent with someone who is normally found dead, because of the way the body was found...fully or partially buried, anything that could not be done on their own. It will initially be labeled as a homicide. MOO from other cases I have followed.

It's beyond me why he was not cuffed and/or shackled. I would think tomorrow he probably will be restrained. At least I hope so.
Didn't he have to sign things, and raise his hand to swear? There were 4 male guards around him, and obviously he didn't have a weapon, so it doesn't seem risky that he wasn't in cuffs.

I think it is more along the lines of his legal name being Abston but he uses Henderson for some reason. I have been trying to figure this one out. I have inferred that his employer knew him as Henderson. But she should have had to check that his name matched his SSN. Perhaps she didn't do that but usually a big corporation like Janpro will have rules for subcontractors.

Clearly, CA has been known in the criminal justice system since age 12 as CA but when he was arraigned on two different case numbers today and the misdemeanor charges had his name as Cleotha Abston Henderson, the Court made inquiry with the defendant and he responded that when he was getting an ID, he was told that his name was changed.

However, take note that he's only been out of DOC since Nov 2020 and when asked by the Court if this change was by Social Security, he nodded yes.

It does not appear this was a name change CA initiated, and the court moved on addressing CA as Mr. Abston. If this was for employment and I-9 verification purposes, it's inconsequential -- he won't ever again be employed but instead supported Taxpayers for the remainder of his life. MOO

He saw it ,wanted it, took it.
Just like Mollie Tibbetts .
Insane evil.

Evil, yes. Insane, no. Controlling, yes. Aware of his actions and choices, yes. Value anyone besides himself, no. We will never get a glimpse as to anything that happened to her from him. IMHO, he won't talk, confess, or even try to use anything a a bargaining chip. He did not the last time and I don't foresee him doing so this time.

I also don't think his brother or family will talk either. Lots of dysfunction is the only thing we will fully understand about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82