Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning British monarch, dead at 96

Status
Not open for further replies.
How convenient that H&M were in London for another event, which has been cancelled, now making their way to Balmoral. Personally I think she has passed and the world just doesn't know it yet. Under "medical supervision" may mean Doctors are by her side. All jmo
This is my feeling too. I believe the announcement will be this afternoon.

How convenient that H&M were in London for another event, which has been cancelled, now making their way to Balmoral. Personally I think she has passed and the world just doesn't know it yet. Under "medical supervision" may mean Doctors are by her side. All jmo
I share your opinion about her passing. Do you think the family wants to be gathered together before an official announcement is made public? .

Last public pic. of queen, couple of days ago meeting new PM.

View attachment 365044

I am surprised and very saddened that Her Majesty The Queen’s health has taken a significant turn for the worse since she met with the new Prime Minister earlier this week. Given Her Majesty’s age today’s announcement is not unexpected but it is still very sad news indeed. Her Majesty has been a constant presence in all of our lives no matter how much our lives changed and it is hard to imagine her no longer being our Head of State. I am very glad that Her Majesty was able to participate in The Platinum Jubilee celebrations to celebrate her 70 years of Service a few months ago and she could see that so many people care about her.

Her Majesty The Queen and all of the members of the Royal Family are in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.

Palace statement goes 'further than normal'​

"The palace has gone further than they ever normally do," says the BBC's medical editor, Fergus Walsh.

He said the key phrase in the statement released by Buckingham Palace earlier, was "doctors were concerned".

He also highlighted the significance of family members arriving at Balmoral, where the Queen has been staying over the summer.

Until recently, her health has been "relatively robust" he explained.
He described the monarch as a "permanent fixture", adding that "we've all lived our lives with the Queen".

BBC

i am thinking the same........ waiting for all children to arrive before announcement.

I am surprised and very saddened that Her Majesty The Queen’s health has taken a significant turn for the worse since she met with the new Prime Minister earlier this week. Given Her Majesty’s age today’s announcement is not unexpected but it is still very sad news indeed. Her Majesty has been a constant presence in all of our lives no matter how much our lives changed and it is hard to imagine her no longer being our Head of State. I am very glad that Her Majesty was able to participate in The Platinum Jubilee celebrations to celebrate her 70 years of Service a few months ago and she could see that so many people care about her.

Her Majesty The Queen and all of the members of the Royal Family are in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.

She's been an amazing head of state. She's accomplished so much in her lifetime, she's been such a strong, compassionate and steady leader. My heart goes out to the people of England and the UK, who will miss her. Such a large part of their lives and history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998