Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

I have not watched the video of her abduction , was she forced into the front or back of the suv?
As far as I know, the police have not released the video of the actual abduction. I do believe it has been stated by LE and as part of the arrest affidavit that she was forced into the passenger side/seat. Not sure which one.

ETA - arrest affidavit states passenger side of the vehicle.
1662663385327.png

Henderson’s attorney, Jennifer Case, had asked Montesi to review her involvement in the case amid a conflict-of-interest concern.

The conflict, she said, was that her office had represented Henderson in a criminal matter in the early 2000s. But Montesi ultimately ruled that Case could proceed as Henderson’s attorney.

Case, a public defender, also requested a gag order in the case, noting in making her argument that Memphis Police Chief C.J. Davis had called her client a "dangerous predator." Prosecutors, however, argued the public should continue to be informed about this case.

Montesi asked Case to submit a proposed order for the judge to take under review. Henderson was initially identified as "Cleotha Abston," but the jurist later ordered that his name be changed in all documents to Cleotha "Henderson," per the accused murderer’s request.
Memphis jogger suspect Cleotha Henderson's lawyer seeks gag order as Eliza Fletcher's family releases obituary

1) I don't follow attorney Case's concern about a conflict of interest. Why would her having represented him in a previous criminal matter preclude or create an issue with her doing so in this one? I think she just wants off the case.
2) this name change thing has me completely stymied. I just don't get it. I've not commented on it til now but I've followed the various posts from other members and frankly I am just as confused as I was. Was he the one who changed his legal name? If so, when?

Henderson’s attorney, Jennifer Case, had asked Montesi to review her involvement in the case amid a conflict-of-interest concern.

The conflict, she said, was that her office had represented Henderson in a criminal matter in the early 2000s. But Montesi ultimately ruled that Case could proceed as Henderson’s attorney.

Case, a public defender, also requested a gag order in the case, noting in making her argument that Memphis Police Chief C.J. Davis had called her client a "dangerous predator." Prosecutors, however, argued the public should continue to be informed about this case.

Montesi asked Case to submit a proposed order for the judge to take under review. Henderson was initially identified as "Cleotha Abston," but the jurist later ordered that his name be changed in all documents to Cleotha "Henderson," per the accused murderer’s request.
Memphis jogger suspect Cleotha Henderson's lawyer seeks gag order as Eliza Fletcher's family releases obituary

1) I don't follow attorney Case's concern about a conflict of interest. Why would her having represented him in a previous criminal matter preclude or create an issue with her doing so in this one? I think she just wants off the case.
2) this name change thing has me completely stymied. I just don't get it. I've not commented on it til now but I've followed the various posts from other members and frankly I am just as confused as I was. Was he the one who changed his legal name? If so, when?

That article states that the attorney filed the conflict of interest motion 'out of an abundance of caution' - it could be that they are just making sure no complaints come up in the future that might cause problems for the case.

I wonder if he filed for the name change so it would be harder to connect him to his previous crimes after he was released from prison. It will be interesting to see if this detail (when & why) ever comes to light and is definitely weird!!
MOO

Although we are not the organizer of the upcoming Eliza Fletcher Memorial Run/Walk on Friday, September 9, 2022, the MPD will have an increased presence in the area and provide traffic control and road closures to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants, community members, and supporters.

The run/walk is scheduled to start at 1695 Central Avenue at 4:00 am.
1662676160634.png

and how in God's creation is this psycho not cuffed? Like he's trustworthy and not a security threat to anyone? Here is the big question that I have to ask.....why yesterday was he continuously looking back in the courtroom seemingly at Liza's family?

I agree with you

No. And I find it interesting that the funeral is planned so quickly. Have they already released her body?

I would think the family wanted to move quickly given that she was out in the open air for ~4 days in the heat. Many traditional rituals of grieving might be off the table given the days it took to find her and the manner in which she was killed. It is not as if the family can have any kind of natural grieving process given the violence that caused her passing. My guess is that all involved are thinking of what is best for the family---the parents/siblings, the spouse and the kids.

What a beautiful tribute to her. I honestly feel like I knew her after reading it. I am a believer and believe her family, although in deep pain and grief, will find comfort in knowing that she's in a much better place. Justice is coming for Liza!
I feel sad after reading Liza's obituary. She had so much to give to this world, teachers touch so many lives over the course of their careers in a unique way. I wish her family peace and strength for their journey to Justice.

I hope Abston has a come to Jesus moment in the coming months and realizes the enormity of what he did. I've often wondered in the quiet, still, moments they are alone - do men like him have tortured thoughts, regret or a sense of shame for the life they took?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back