Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning British monarch, dead at 96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing to learn Harry left as soon as he could, I’d hoped he might have spent some quality time with his dad and brother.
If you're estranged from your family, you're unlikely to view time spent with family mbrs as 'quality time'. Your family mbrs might not view it that way either. MOO JMO

Based on this statement by Beatrice's (The Queen's Granddaughter) husband I'm thinking the Queen's passing was very sudden. JMO

"Incredibly hard to process the last 24 hours. What an incredible woman and extraordinary mark she’s left on the entire world. She was the rock on which modern Britain was built.

Feeling very lucky that our little ones got to spend wonderful time with her this summer. Rest is Peace Your Majesty. We will miss you so much. Brokenhearted "

Watching CNN live as Charles gets a very warm greeting from the crowds at Buckingham Palace. People seem both sad, but happy to see him. They're all singing "God Save the King". Shouting that they love him.

He's working the line in front of the palace, shaking hands with everyone. I get the feeling this is really making him feel better. He's enjoying being comforted and supported by everyone. He even let a woman kiss him.

The Queen's coffin placed in Balmoral ballroom​

The Queen's coffin has been placed in the Balmoral ballroom where she danced as a young princess and where she later shared special moments with Prince Philip, to allow her loyal household staff to pay their respects before she begins her final journey back to London.
The coffin is currently in the ballroom, draped in the Royal Standard. It will remain there for two days before it is driven to the Palace of Holyrood House in Edinburgh. It will then be transported back to London later this week.
The ballroom held special memories for the Queen, whose affection for the highlands was well known. It is where she danced at the age of 12 as a young princess at the Ghillies Ball, an annual dance at Balmoral for the staff, which she enthusiastically attended for years.
The annual ball has been a tradition since the 1852, when Queen Victoria and Prince Albert first acquired the estate. It was their way of thanking the staff for their hard work and loyalty and is a tradition that has endured for well over 100 years.
Queen Elizabeth II was known to particularly enjoy the event and would often stay late into the night to celebrate with staff. Videos show her reeling with Prince Philip, the Queen Mother and Charles and Diana in 1991.
Her body will remain at Balmoral for the next two days before being driven to Edinburgh to be placed at the Palace of Holyroodhouse. She will stay there for an additional two days for a lying-in-state of sorts, before eventually being brought back to London for her funeral.

As an outsider and an american it did not surprise me reading that Kate stayed behind, of course I thought, she has the kiddies in school to tend to. Then Harry is spotted at airport on way to Balmora without Megan, of course I said to
self. Then the papers have come up with their own reasons.
In the end when it is time to call family to the bed side of the dying it should be (IMO) immediate family, minus children.
It’s not easy watching a loved one take their last breath, I know I’ve seen it 3 times.

Jmo

I think the media tend to make mountains out of mole hills.

Jmo

58:26
SBM
Take a look back in this documentary at the incredible and incomparable life of Queen Elizabeth II. Queen Elizabeth II was reigning monarch for over six decades, and the cornerstone of modern British history. Ascending to the throne after the untimely death of her beloved father, King George VI, she has seen the world change drastically, and faced a number of great challenges, both publicly and privately. Her inscrutable commitment to duty, above all else, has defined her lifetime of service to the throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01