Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w prejudice* #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
I doubt BM has any intention of considering his daughter's desires in this situation. He certainly has not so far, as evidenced by his behavior. It cannot be ignored.
He robbed them of their mother, IMO.

I was just thinking, I bet he’d give them a thorough read before handing them over to anyone! They could be illuminating.

Back to the "gone girl" theory.... SM willfully left on 5/9/2020 to become homeless and never talk to anyone close to her ever again. She took $70000 cash and became homeless 90 minutes away in Colorado Springs. Sounds reasonable

^^rsbm

OK, did some nosing around and it's very possible that Division 6 is an auxiliary division for use with a visiting judge or perhaps a "presiding" grand jury judge. Personally, I really like the sound of that -- a grand jury for BM. :)

Oyez! :) Oyez! :D Oyez! :p

"Concurring, and then some!"

" 'Oyez!' descends from the Anglo-Norman "oyez", the plural imperative form of "oyer", from French ouïr, "to hear";
thus oyez means "hear ye" and was used as a call for silence and attention.

The term is still in use by the Supreme Court of the United States."

[wikipedia.org ›› Oyez]

RSBM
I doubt BM has any intention of considering his daughter's desires in this situation. He certainly has not so far, as evidenced by his behavior. It cannot be ignored.
Evidenced by what behavior? I'm not sure I agree that he doesn't care deeply about his daughters as there has been nothing that tells me differently. Making sure his daughters had a home should he end of in jail was a biggie for me. He could have put them in a rental and paid rent. Leaving PP because his daughters were fearful was another and I believe they were fearful at that point, but not of their dad.

I reread the article again and there is no mention of Colorado Springs or a homeless woman they think could be Suzanne.

I also reread the motion and the only thing in there that is in relation to a supposed Suzanne sighting is this from paragraph 4:
"In fact, there has been a sighting of a woman as recently as May 2022 who has a close resemblance to Mrs. Morphew which the defense notified the prosecution about, but does not appear the prosecution has followed up. The defense is investigating this lead."

Again, there is no mention of Colorado Springs or the Suzanne look-a-like woman being homeless.

I guess I am still wondering where this info came from. Are others aware of this information? The only thing I can think of is maybe it's from one of Iris' press conferences/videos after the dismissal? I admit that I could not bring myself to watch her gaslighting the public (IMO). I just don't have the stomach for it.

Just noticed change in thread title

It's giving me hope that there will finally be Justice for Suzanne
It's not a new trial - it's cleanup from the old trial they have to clear the May motion. There is no "new" trial that we know of at this point. But everyone has hope Suzanne will be found and give a foundation for a new trial.

I reread the article again and there is no mention of Colorado Springs or a homeless woman they think could be Suzanne.

I also reread the motion and the only thing in there that is in relation to a supposed Suzanne sighting is this from paragraph 4:
"In fact, there has been a sighting of a woman as recently as May 2022 who has a close resemblance to Mrs. Morphew which the defense notified the prosecution about, but does not appear the prosecution has followed up. The defense is investigating this lead."

Again, there is no mention of Colorado Springs or the Suzanne look-a-like woman being homeless.

I guess I am still wondering where this info came from. Are others aware of this information? The only thing I can think of is maybe it's from one of Iris' press conferences/videos after the dismissal? I admit that I could not bring myself to watch her gaslighting the public (IMO). I just don't have the stomach for it.
Aha, they updated the KKTV article Updated: 19 hours ago. I'm pretty sure that originally said Colorado Springs - but regardless the location is not very important there was social chatter about a women who resembled Suzanne and that is what is referenced in the motion and was in the KKTV article before editing. We can't link social media here but if you have access, it's pretty easily searchable still along with the image which I'd bet money on defense saw in May. I don't think it will have relevance to the motion to return Barry's and both MM's possessions in my opinion.

Did LS ever get her law license reinstated? We need an attorney to prosecute a simple case. A husband murdered his wife after she asked for a divorce. No other suspects and a mountain of technological and forensic data. A laughable "alibi" and suspect admits to being last person with wife, gun in hand, asking for immunity. All IMO
Of course, she did! It was but days later that the alleged, deficient CPE/CLE hours were properly recorded with the state bar licensing but not before MSM could generate thousands of clicks on the derelict DA of Chaffee County.

Last edited:

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

Back from a short vacation, learning the #BarryMorphew attorney filed a motion to get some of his belongings back from the investigation and the prosecution filed another motion in response. New or existing charges HAVE NOT been filed.
10:51 AM · Sep 9, 2022

@LaurenScharfTV

His attorneys asked about getting his property back after the case was dismissed in April. The judge told them to file a motion and for the prosecution to file a response. Then the judge quit. So it was recently reopened for a hearing in October on that issue alone.
10:52 AM · Sep 9, 2022

@LaurenScharfTV
Replying to
@**********

There was some police activity near the Puma Path property recently, but no official word on what that entails. I know investigators have spent a lot of time searching this summer.
11:01 AM · Sep 9, 2022

I think because the case is closed they will be allowed to hold items that are evidence of criminal activity. I mused earlier that he wants his bow and muzzle loader as an example those two items are not evidence connected to the crime. Laptops might be another example, they have retrieved the data but the laptop itself is not connected physically to the crime. I am just guessing but I think it is logical.
I thought Judge Murphy said he could have his muzzle loader and bow, no? He needs something to hunt with, right?

He wants ALL of his guns returned, afterall, it's hunting season. A muzzle loader and bow just don't cut it for a professional hunter. I hope he's told NO!

JMO

What case is this? Not the Morphew case I assume, as there are no facts that he had a gun in his hand when he claimed to last see his wife? We don't even know if he had a gun in his truck when he went to Broomfield or if they were all at the home.
He said he had a gun and was running after chipmunks to shoot them. This are his own words. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
What case is this? Not the Morphew case I assume, as there are no facts that he had a gun in his hand when he claimed to last see his wife? We don't even know if he had a gun in his truck when he went to Broomfield or if they were all at the home.
He admitted to shooting chipmunks on the afternoon of May 9th when he returned home. Whether or not he shot Suzanne is anybody's guess, but she did disappear. He admittedly said he was the last person to see her. She was 'a lump under the covers' he said. IMO, there was no lump under the covers because no one slept in that bed that night. Suzanne was dead at his hands.

JMO

I am sure her daughters would appreciate having any Journals that belonged to their mother. Guess I'm just not a cynic at heart.

My thoughts on the unidentified woman...that would be a legitimate tip that could easily be followed up on by a call to Colorado Springs police. Linda Stanley claims that it is an ongoing investigation and that they are close to locating Suzanne. Those are her words and she owns them. Suzanne's family says they want proof she's not alive....so for goodness sakes let's hope they followed up the tip of the homeless woman and ruled it out. And this motion was written in the spring.If they did follow up they can use that at the hearing. Any smart defense lawyer will hold her feet to the fire. Not sure why all the hatred for a lawyer that does her job...and does it pretty good. If Ms. Stanley were held to the same standard of thoroughness I don't think any of us would be here talking about this case anymore in my opinion.
Do you believe Suzanne is alive? Just curious.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member