Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

So some of the posters were right he has done this before. I honestly thought that it was so poorly thought out and unorganised that he couldn’t of gotten away with this before. What a sick creep and to think he shouldn’t of even been free to do this to poor Eliza makes it even worse.
The Memphis Auth or o tays could not just ignore this one as they are accustomed .

I'm just certain it was on file. They got his DNA from the slides and then they went looking for him due to a DNA match. Thats my recollection. JMO
Yes, thank you, that makes more much more sense than what I was theorizing. They had DNA from sandals but his identity was tied to that DNA. So they had to have already had it. So when did they tie him to the 2021 rape case? Back in 2021, or only this month with the Eliza case?

This is feeling very much like the Jesse Matthew / Hannah Graham / Morgan Harrington case.

jmo

This is stunning, infuriating. Last night, I first thought there must be some mistake, a typo, a misreading, something. I’d believed he’d committed serious crimes after he’d been released—but this?!?!

By the way, I’m old enough to have noticed that back in the early ‘90s, the standard defense for rape changed from: ‘never saw that woman, never touched her,’ to ‘it was consensual.’

Did the 2021 victim decide not to press charges at the time but changed her mind when CA/H was arrested for the abduction of Eliza? That doesn't seem likely but I suppose it's possible... seems like a very weak maybe. (

Did the 2021 victim decide not to press charges at the time but changed her mind when CA/H was arrested for the abduction of Eliza? That doesn't seem likely but I suppose it's possible... seems like a very weak maybe. (
I wondered that, but I doubt it. They filed these charges on Friday so they can avoid a response over the weekend. They know they are in the wrong here.

I have no idea who this person was that he hurt in 2021, but LE seems to have not cared enough about that individual to make it a priority. I don’t know if it was due to a “backlog” or if they had the dna match and just didn’t bother. Maybe they didn’t believe the victim or felt the victim didn’t matter for god knows what reason. If they had a match and disregard that individual it is gross. Add to that, knowing CA-Hs history is sick.

Depressing if LE has any fault in this.

I wondered that, but I doubt it. They filed these charges on Friday so they can avoid a response over the weekend. They know they are in the wrong here.

I have no idea who this person was that he hurt in 2021, but LE seems to have not cared enough about that individual to make it a priority. I don’t know if it was due to a “backlog” or if they had the dna match and just didn’t bother. Maybe they didn’t believe the victim or felt the victim didn’t matter for god knows what reason. If they had a match and disregard that individual it is gross. Add to that, knowing CA-Hs history is sick.

Depressing if LE has any fault in this.

I agree. People/agencies at fault seems much more likely.

This is copied from Kaen’s post above….this is so wrong! (for some reason I can’t bold on my iPad)

edited to add: 14,000 untested rape kits, mostly from black women!

“We just saw that the TBI turns around DNA test results in less than 24 hours,” Working said, pointing out that 14,000 rape kits — mostly from black women — went untested for 15 years. MPD investigated Eliza Fletcher's alleged killer for rape last year
Yes! And this is reality. We already know this! This happens every fricking day! Hopefully the media picks up on the attempt to sweep this under the rug.

Will be curious if this case is reviewed for years by highlighting everything broken with our justice system.

It's not really baffling, sadly. Very few rapes result in charges let alone convictions. This is why women don't report, because what's the point? The cops don't care enough to arrest even with evidence. And if it does get to court it's the woman and her sex life that goes on trial, not the perpetrator.
You’re right, it’s not baffling. But it’s supposed to be! I mean the victim reports him, IDs him (we don’t know if there was any type of relationship betw them), and his dna matches. Wouldn’t they look him up, see he’s a violent felon, and think maybe there’s some validity to this?

Yes, hauntingly beautiful. Singing "this little light of mine". I found out about this from a friend whose sister ran in this. So heartening.

Although there are a LOT of men in this large crowd, they are standing down and letting the women carry the song. So heartfelt.

I disagree with Mayor Lee Harris. He says, "Memphis is one of the greatest cities in America". I believe Memphis is one of the worst cities in America. It's been a disaster for decades.

This is copied from Kaen’s post above….this is so wrong! (for some reason I can’t bold on my iPad)

edited to add: 14,000 untested rape kits, mostly from black women!

“We just saw that the TBI turns around DNA test results in less than 24 hours,” Working said, pointing out that 14,000 rape kits — mostly from black women — went untested for 15 years. MPD investigated Eliza Fletcher's alleged killer for rape last year
That is 5,475 days. They didn't even have to test 3 a day.

another abandoned building from the street view of 2000 Oliver Avenue on Google Maps. This would be from 1/2022. Not sure if it was like this on 9/21/21.
View attachment 365439
I’m not so sure it is abandoned. There seem to be some toys on the front porch and there are window coverings. That is just how some house look in that area. But I could be entirely wrong.

I agree. And this continues to show why victims don’t report sexual crimes.
Since he was known to proposition women for sex, it wouldn't be surprising if the victim was a sex worker. That would fit with LE's treatment of a reported kidnaping & rape :mad:

This guy was a ticking time bomb. I really would like to read his assessment when he was released in 2020. Did anyone sound an alarm?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12
Back