Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #73

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going back to the start, I recall that the Foster Carers said that William would never wander. He knew his limitations and would stay a safe distance away.

I can’t help then to question why the Foster Mother would jump in her mothers car and drive a minimum 750m away to the riding school?

Has anyone ever heard a believable explanation of the drive when William was not a wanderer?

This drive before William was reported missing always concerned me as it contradicts the narrative.
Just because you think you child would never wander, or never climb over the neighbours pool fence , etc, that doesn't mean you wouldn't go look just to be sure.

It seems weird that we are questioning why she would jump in a car and take a drive to try and see if he had gotten further away. That's the first thing I did, both times that my escape artist puppy got out of our back gate.

What if she hadn't gone looking for him like that? Would we now be questioning why she didnt? Would that mean she knew what had happened already, so she didn't bother?

I saved the recent articles from The Daily Telegraph - the first version stated almost identical words from Supt. Doherty, to the information that was released today, his statement was later cut out of the edited version and re - used for todays article in The Daily Telegraph … word for word … imo

Original article was published at
September 3, 2022 - 6:00AM
The Saturday Telegraph

Edit to add: The same quotes by Doherty are in the 9 Article linked above by Bear …. (free article)

Reference is a paywall article

Not too long ago, whenever they updated, they would very boldly call out the foster mother as the prime suspect. Did they not mention her this time?

Not too long ago, whenever they updated, they would very boldly call out the foster mother as the prime suspect. Did they not mention her this time?
No, not in those exact words …. This article was more about GJ and him calling for a Public Enquiry Into the case ….. And in the article GJ states that FM has been ”victimised” (my word, in paraphrasing), by Police, because she testified for him at his trial ……

It does mention all of the other other charges, etc ….

No, not in those exact words …. This article was more about GJ and him calling for a Public Enquiry Into the case ….. And in the article GJ states that FM has been ”victimised” (my word, in paraphrasing), by Police, because she testified for him at his trial ……

It does mention all of the other other charges, etc ….
Which article are you referring to?

No, the police now seem to be running a repetitive stock statement (twice) that the investigation is active and ongoing. But no more mention of any POIs.

The media seem to be clinging to the last things that they heard, in relation to William's case, which were said late in 2021 ... before Mick Willing had his contract not renewed.
(Mick Willing was Head of Homicide when William disappeared, then he was Deputy Commissioner, and they say he was vying for the new Commissioner role - but Karen Webb was appointed.)

Mick Willing, who used to be the NSW Police deputy commissioner, said he was 'not really expecting' to have his contract torn up in January by Karen Webb.

Last edited:
A couple of things from Jubes’ book Badness.

Re: BS’s lawsuit
“The case is now dragging its way through the court systems at the same time as the inquest into William’s disappearance …. but it might be years before the white goods repairman’s legal action is resolved, the lawyers tell me.”
(Chapter = I Go In First)

Re: FA not giving evidence at the inquest
“There was Frank Abbott, who had chosen not to give evidence at the inquest and – as far as I knew – could not be linked to the location where William went missing.”
(Chapter = Stolen From Me)

“There’s one senior officer in Homicide who we used to see watching repeats of old TV shows while the rest of us were working. And a junior detective on the William Tyrrell investigation who snuck off to the movies when he should have been monitoring telephone intercepts.”
(Chapter = Ivan Had A Day Off)

Re: The police ‘zeroing in on a new person of interest’ announcement
“I later learn that those leading the investigation into William’s disappearance claim they did not know about it until later the night before. Nor did the police media unit.”
(Chapter = I’m Struggling)

Source: Badness by Gary Jubelin and Dan Box

And as an aside, back in December, Jubes had been invited by the Governor of NSW (Margaret Beasley) to attend a Justice Reform Initiative reception at Government House.

“The invitation feels like a chance to rejoin those on the right side of the criminal justice system.”

Jubes attended, along with “two former federal Cabinet ministers, a Director of Public Prosecutions, a prisons inspector, four judges and the former leader of the State Liberal Party, and the VP of the Nationals Party”.

Source: Badness by Gary Jubelin and Dan Box, chapter Whose Values Are Working?

“I later learn that those leading the investigation into William’s disappearance claim they did not know about it until later the night before. Nor did the police media unit.”
I thought, the police media unit and the media are working together? How were the media legally protected, if the police had not arranged for an announcement in this form?

BTW HarperCollins have fixed the typo in their e-book version of Jubes' book Badness.

It said Feb when I purchased the book last week. Now it says June. As my Kindle has wifi active all the time (unless I deliberately turn it off) it must have updated somewhere along the way.

Dedication.jpg
(photo of my own Kindle, this morning)

I thought, the police media unit and the media are working together? How were the media legally protected, if the police had not arranged for an announcement in this form?

I don't think that the top dogs have to check with the police media unit whether or not they can make announcements. The media unit is there for advice and press releases, if they want it, but not to give permission. imo

Jubes says that because they didn't name the POI (FM) the media have been able to go open slather on her. Calling her a chief suspect and other embellished things, because she is unnamed. Following her around. Knocking on her neighbours doors to ask questions about her.

"It's only because the newspaper can't name the person that they have the courage to say that. Were they to name them without being certain of their guilt they would have a case to answer for defamation."

Source: Badness by Gary Jubelin and Dan Box, chapter Oh, it's the Foster Mother

A couple of things from Jubes’ book Badness.

Re: BS’s lawsuit
“The case is now dragging its way through the court systems at the same time as the inquest into William’s disappearance …. but it might be years before the white goods repairman’s legal action is resolved, the lawyers tell me.”
(Chapter = I Go In First)

Re: FA not giving evidence at the inquest
“There was Frank Abbott, who had chosen not to give evidence at the inquest and – as far as I knew – could not be linked to the location where William went missing.”
(Chapter = Stolen From Me)

“There’s one senior officer in Homicide who we used to see watching repeats of old TV shows while the rest of us were working. And a junior detective on the William Tyrrell investigation who snuck off to the movies when he should have been monitoring telephone intercepts.”
(Chapter = Ivan Had A Day Off)

Source: Badness by Gary Jubelin and Dan Box
thanks SA, I haven’t read the book but it all just seems a continuation of ‘nothing makes sense’ In relation to this disappearance or it’s investigation.
I can’t even begin to imagine how it must be for those people close to William.

thanks SA, I haven’t read the book but it all just seems a continuation of ‘nothing makes sense’ In relation to this disappearance or it’s investigation.
I can’t even begin to imagine how it must be for those people close to William.

My few comments about things I think some others may be interested in are probably not going to present any clear view of the book, or the discussions about William that are dotted through the book.

But I find it interesting to read all of the different things he mentions about the case ... the little details. Some of the things I didn't know.

Eg: Some time after the last tranche, the State Director of Inquests wrote to Jubes and asked him to lay out on paper what he knew about the case.

(Source: Badness by Gary Jubelin and Dan Box, chapter Stolen From Me)

Last edited:
And as an aside, back in December, Jubes had been invited by the Governor of NSW (Margaret Beasley) to attend a Justice Reform Initiative reception at Government House.

“The invitation feels like a chance to rejoin those on the right side of the criminal justice system.”

Jubes attended, along with “two former federal Cabinet ministers, a Director of Public Prosecutions, a prisons inspector, four judges and the former leader of the State Liberal Party, and the VP of the Nationals Party”.

Source: Badness by Gary Jubelin and Dan Box, chapter Whose Values Are Working?

I'd love to know who that Director of Public Prosecutions was. For years NSW suffered a DPP who a cop I know said was referred to within the force as the 'director of pathetic prosecutions' for his legendary inaction.

The very DPP refused to prosecute Chris Dawson for the murder of his wife Lynette despite two inquests recommending that course of action. Said former DPP refused to comment following Dawson's recent conviction.

I'd love to know who that Director of Public Prosecutions was. For years NSW suffered a DPP who a cop I know said was referred to within the force as the 'director of pathetic prosecutions' for his legendary inaction.

The very DPP refused to prosecute Chris Dawson for the murder of his wife Lynette despite two inquests recommending that course of action. Said former DPP refused to comment following Dawson's recent conviction.

Well, Jubes doesn't say a former Director of Public Prosecutions (whereas he does say former about a couple of other people), so I imagine it is a current director. Current as of Dec 2021, anyway.

My few comments about things I think some others may be interested in are probably not going to present any clear view of the book, or the discussions about William that are dotted through the book.

But I find it interesting to read all of the different things he mentions about the case ... the little details. Some of the things I didn't know.

Eg: Some time after the last tranche, the State Director of Inquests wrote to Jubes and asked him to lay out on paper what he knew about the case.

(Source: Badness by Gary Jubelin and Dan Box, chapter Stolen From Me)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts SA. I find everything of interest & value. As I’m known to espouse - ‘knowledge is powerful, often when you least expect it to be’!

I do question however WHY if Mr Jubelin has this much to impart - is it not being heard / endorsed ?

So perhaps I have to think about the possible answers…..

Was his downfall due to ‘internal politics’ ( as we who’ve trod the path so well understand)

But how is it that those clashes were not be resolved - doesn‘t take that long to work out / embrace personalities, unless you’re ‘unembraceable’.

Just clearing the air in consideration of the fact that Mr Jubelin is ok looking /seems to hold a good conversation/ is pretty charismatic etc - but IMO, in this instance we’re not about any of that.

IMO, we’re here to try to work out what happened when a little 3 year old boy seemingly disappeared into the unknown, many years ago. And that’s what I want to focus on, scant as the public intel is.

As much as I will fall to the traps of human nature & covet all the gossip etc, I’m really trying to be objective & focus on the ‘truth’.

I know that Truth will come out eventually, and I applaud the commitment of the investigation team, I do have faith in their guidance & strength.

My prayer is for the continual strength of those closest to that little boy. (myheart breaks for them & I can’t even begin to imagine their pain & their challenges to continue. .it’s an unknown for many to survive the loss of a child -thankfully )

I looked to see who the Director was in Dec 2021 (has been director since Aug 2021). Sally Dowling SC. Apparently, the appointment of the director is for a 10 year term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07