Found Safe OR - Molly Swedenskey 20, left 2 sml children at home, left car & phone, LE seeking ex-bf Eric Koon 19, Chiloquin, 20 Sept 2022

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1663754890667.png

Klamath County Sheriff Facebook:

***MISSING PERSON***
Molly May Swedenskey, age 20, was last seen by her family on 9/20/2022, at about 1:00PM, located at her residence in Chiloquin, Oregon. Left behind at her residence were her two small children both under the age of two. This behavior is extremely abnormal for Molly Swedenskey.

Klamath County Sheriff’s Office is seeking Eric Patrick Koon, age 19 regarding Swedenskey’s disappearance. Koon’s vehicle is a 1999 Ford F250, white with Montana license plate 157817F

Any information please contact Klamath County Sheriff’s Office Tip-Line (541) 850-5380.

1663755064557.png
1663755120285.png

CHILOQUIN, Ore. - The Klamath County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in finding a missing and endangered woman. Molly Swedenskey was last seen by her family on September 20, 2022 around 1 p.m. at her home in Chiloquin. Her cell phone and car was found at her home, along with her children both under the age of two. Authorities say this behavior is extremely abnormal for Molly.

Police are also looking for her estranged boyfriend Eric Koon in connection to this incident because of existing probable cause. On September 18, 2022, Koon broke into her residence and attempted to abduct her by force. He bound her wrists with zip ties, taped her mouth and fled only after she escaped and alerted help.

Eric Koon is believed to be living in his vehicle, a white Ford F250. He may have been staying in very close proximity to Molly Swedenskey, without her knowing. Koon is believed to be in possession of an unknown caliber handgun based on statements from his family. His current mental state is unknown, his cell phone off, and he has stopped talking to his family.

If you have any information, you are urged to call the Klamath County Sheriff's Office tip line at (541) 850-5380.

What a terrible, frightening situation.

Last edited:
This is very disturbing. The ex-bf, Koon, had already attempted to kidnap her two days prior to her disappearance. I wonder why he was not in jail? If he was in a poor mental state, he should have been taken to a mental health hospital until he could be stabilized.

This is very disturbing. The ex-bf, Koon, had already attempted to kidnap her two days prior to her disappearance. I wonder why he was not in jail? If he was in a poor mental state, he should have been taken to a mental health hospital until he could be stabilized.
I'm wondering the same thing. Makes no sense

I KIND OF get it when threats of violence are ignored (or at least not charged), but actual attempted kidnapping!?!? WTH was this guy not in jail?

The article states that when she escaped and alerted help he fled, so it sounds like he has been at large since the first attempt.

After what she went through 2 days before, I wonder why she and the children were alone at her residence.

The article states that when she escaped and alerted help he fled, so it sounds like he has been at large since the first attempt.

After what she went through 2 days before, I wonder why she and the children were alone at her residence.
Your first sentence is correct - I guess I assumed they would be able to find him, but that doesn't seem like it was the case. Your second sentence sounds like victim blaming to me.

Your first sentence is correct - I guess I assumed they would be able to find him, but that doesn't seem like it was the case. Your second sentence sounds like victim blaming to me.
I took the second part more as wondering why friends or family weren't with them or maybe giving them a place to stay, for their safety

Not blaming her at all. I was only expressing that it seems as if someone who cares about her should have been with her, or she should have been given protection of some sort. Maybe that wasn't possible, but IMO it must have been terribly frightening for her to be alone.

Update:

At approximately 9:45PM Klamath County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the Pilot Travel Center in Chemult where they located Molly May Swedenskey who was previously abducted. The person of interest in the abduction, Eric Patrick Koon, age 19, fled south on highway 97 at speeds exceeding 100 mph.

Deputies deployed spike strips, and with the assistance of Oregon State Police the vehicle was brought to a stop off the road near milepost 222 on highway 97. Koon fled into a wooded area armed with a handgun. Law enforcement searched the area for several hours and have been unsuccessful in locating Koon. If you see Eric Patrick Koon do not approach please call 911 immediately.

Release from the Klamath County Sheriffs Office

Not blaming her at all. I was only expressing that it seems as if someone who cares about her should have been with her, or she should have been given protection of some sort. Maybe that wasn't possible, but IMO it must have been terribly frightening for her to be alone.
thanks for the gentle clarification. I'm sorry I read your comment negatively.

Since he fled on foot with a weapon after a violent, (seemingly) premeditated offense, it would seem reasonable Ms. Molly would have been offered some assistance with her safety and protection.
It's a bad sign that she was taken and her small children were left alone.

I agree. I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to be alone with 2 babies after that!

View attachment 367671

Klamath County Sheriff Facebook:

***MISSING PERSON***
Molly May Swedenskey, age 20, was last seen by her family on 9/20/2022, at about 1:00PM, located at her residence in Chiloquin, Oregon. Left behind at her residence were her two small children both under the age of two. This behavior is extremely abnormal for Molly Swedenskey.

Klamath County Sheriff’s Office is seeking Eric Patrick Koon, age 19 regarding Swedenskey’s disappearance. Koon’s vehicle is a 1999 Ford F250, white with Montana license plate 157817F

Any information please contact Klamath County Sheriff’s Office Tip-Line (541) 850-5380.

View attachment 367673
View attachment 367675

CHILOQUIN, Ore. - The Klamath County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in finding a missing and endangered woman. Molly Swedenskey was last seen by her family on September 20, 2022 around 1 p.m. at her home in Chiloquin. Her cell phone and car was found at her home, along with her children both under the age of two. Authorities say this behavior is extremely abnormal for Molly.

Police are also looking for her estranged boyfriend Eric Koon in connection to this incident because of existing probable cause. On September 18, 2022, Koon broke into her residence and attempted to abduct her by force. He bound her wrists with zip ties, taped her mouth and fled only after she escaped and alerted help.

Eric Koon is believed to be living in his vehicle, a white Ford F250. He may have been staying in very close proximity to Molly Swedenskey, without her knowing. Koon is believed to be in possession of an unknown caliber handgun based on statements from his family. His current mental state is unknown, his cell phone off, and he has stopped talking to his family.

If you have any information, you are urged to call the Klamath County Sheriff's Office tip line at (541) 850-5380.

What a terrible, frightening situation.
His current mental state is unknown yet just 2 days prior he almost successfully abducted her, using zip ties and tape.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that his mental state is clearly unstable AFork and dangerous, among many other things.

mOo

(just now seeing this, so if this has been stated already, please delete)

ETA: I see that she has been found safe, praise the Lord!

I think the best thing for her and her children is to stay somewhere else until he’s caught.
They are NOT going to be safe where she lives unless police are there 24/7 until he’s caught.
Somewhere he doesn’t know about. And sadly, because some victims of DV never learn, be aware of her phone usage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back