Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

Thanks for clarifying. I was taking the "Date of offense" column as meaning, "Date the offense was committed," but maybe that was an error, or maybe the column heading means something else.

i believe it was the date the charges were actually filed...the rape kit for that crime wasn't processed for months...there is a link to an interview with the victim somewhere in the past few pages of this thread...the circumstances are infuriating...imo

Posted - 21 September 2022

"Alicia Franklin, 22, in a bombshell interview, said that if sex crimes investigators had done their jobs properly, Eliza Fletcher, who was kidnapped and killed while jogging through Memphis on September 2 could still be alive.

'They had more than enough evidence to get him off the street that night when they interviewed me to get him off the streets. But they didn't,' she told ABCNews.

Cleotha Abston-Henderson, 38, is now charged with raping Franklin nearly a year ago -- but the charges were not filed until after he was arrested and charged with the murder of Fletcher."

"While DNA evidence from Fletcher's abduction was tested within hours, the rape kit in Franklin's case sat on a shelf for months, and she says police failed to take basic steps such as gathering fingerprints after she was violently assaulted.

'I'm angry. Not a day goes by that I didn't think about this,' she told Good Morning America.

'I definitely believe she would have still been alive today,' she said, speaking of Fletcher."

Posted - 21 September 2022

"Alicia Franklin, 22, in a bombshell interview, said that if sex crimes investigators had done their jobs properly, Eliza Fletcher, who was kidnapped and killed while jogging through Memphis on September 2 could still be alive.

'They had more than enough evidence to get him off the street that night when they interviewed me to get him off the streets. But they didn't,' she told ABCNews.

Cleotha Abston-Henderson, 38, is now charged with raping Franklin nearly a year ago -- but the charges were not filed until after he was arrested and charged with the murder of Fletcher."

"While DNA evidence from Fletcher's abduction was tested within hours, the rape kit in Franklin's case sat on a shelf for months, and she says police failed to take basic steps such as gathering fingerprints after she was violently assaulted.

'I'm angry. Not a day goes by that I didn't think about this,' she told Good Morning America.

'I definitely believe she would have still been alive today,' she said, speaking of Fletcher."

I just watched the interview- she is so credible- she had all that information- he should have been arrested- there was plenty of information to arrest him- and they had his DNA already in CODIS- she is right, if the police had done their job, Eliza would still be alive. The tragedy of this case, both for Alicia Franklin and Eliza Fletcher, is that I can guarantee you that Alicia's case is not unusual and that is the really horrible part. Killers are walking around because the police are not doing their jobs- in every city in this country.

Alicia is incredibly brave to open up her heart about this. We can what if this to death. Bottom line is she was not treated with the respect she deserved! I do not know if it was racial as much as it was about the almighty dollar. I hope she wins the lawsuit and donates the money to organizations that assist with violence victims.

I know how you feel. I haven't really sleep at all since this started. so senseless. Wha a beautiful soul Eliza was. I pray there is karma in this world and the afterlife for evil like this.
I pray for karma too. But sadly, it seems rare in my own experience.

I have also become more careful since this happened. Thinking of Eliza.

More details about the lawsuit. Wonder how many times he used that abandoned apartment to assault women? Why didn’t they take fingerprints? Just unbelievable! Some women may be afraid to come forward due to fear, embarrassment or concern they won’t be taken seriously:

“In that lawsuit, she insinuated her rape was not the first crime to have occurred in that vacant apartment.

“"...the apartment that Henderson used to lure Plaintiff away from her car was vacant and was accessible for Henderson to use for criminal activity," the lawsuit read. "Upon further information and belief, this was not the first time Henderson had used this vacant apartment for criminal activity."

The woman also asserted in the court filing that Henderson had approached other women at the complex and made "lewd and inappropriate comments" to them, but the property managers did nothing to ask Henderson to leave.”

Last edited:
More details about the lawsuit. Wonder how many times he used that abandoned apartment to assault women? Why didn’t they take fingerprints? Just unbelievable! Some women may be afraid to come forward due to fear, embarrassment or concern they won’t be taken seriously:

“In that lawsuit, she insinuated her rape was not the first crime to have occurred in that vacant apartment.

“"...the apartment that Henderson used to lure Plaintiff away from her car was vacant and was accessible for Henderson to use for criminal activity," the lawsuit read. "Upon further information and belief, this was not the first time Henderson had used this vacant apartment for criminal activity."

The woman also asserted in the court filing that Henderson had approached other women at the complex and made "lewd and inappropriate comments" to them, but the property managers did nothing to ask Henderson to leave.”

I'm wondering if these allegations have sent forensic investigators back to that empty apartment? Jmo

I think the sicko had to kill her to get her in the vehicle and he raped her post-mortem. AMOO He's raped at least 3 in his briefly un-incarcerated life, one male, 2 females. He's murdered Eliza and would have murdered the male lawyer he abducted and physically assaulted. I'm convinced there are more rapes and that the body count is higher.
What is your thought on the male case?

i'm so tired of criminals and their enablers conveniently ignoring the concepts of personal responsibility and consequences for their actions...

and i guarantee you she would "deal" with the police if she became a victim of a violent crime instead of an apologist for a violent criminal...
So, I understand where you're coming from. I am both a victim of a crime and a family member of a criminal.

Society is made up of all type of folk. All types of brains. All types of events. All types of emotions. Those emotions and events hit us all different.
There are attorneys, prosecutors, defense lawyers, judges, detectives, cops, etc, who will agree:

these humans are still humans - even the murderers - even the rapists.

This man who committed this terrible act and a few others, against innocent women? He was a human being too. And the more we study trauma in childhood and how to heal from it, the more we teach little boys and little girls to treat eachother with respect and love, and the more we document all that while studying the past... the better off we are.

NOTHING excuses what he did... but it's worth studying to understand, to prevent. And he is still a human being regardless of his disgusting evil acts.
B.C. can’t resolve repeat offender problem without more mental health, addictions support: report – Terrace Standard

Last edited:
So, I understand where you're coming from. I am both a victim of a crime and a family member of a criminal.

Society is made up of all type of folk. All types of brains. All types of events. All types of emotions. Those emotions and events hit us all different.
There are attorneys, prosecutors, defense lawyers, judges, detectives, cops, etc, who will agree:

these humans are still humans - even the murderers - even the rapists.

This man who committed this terrible act and a few others, against innocent women? He was a human being too. And the more we study trauma in childhood and how to heal from it, the more we teach little boys and little girls to treat eachother with respect and love, and the more we document all that while studying the past... the better off we are.

NOTHING excuses what he did... but it's worth studying to understand, to prevent. And he is still a human being regardless of his disgusting evil acts.
B.C. can’t resolve repeat offender problem without more mental health, addictions support: report – Terrace Standard

i get all that, but in the end, committing a violent crime is a CHOICE...i was raised in a poor, single parent household...i was the victim of a crime when i was 7 years old, the repercussions of which have affected me into adulthood...yet i've never hurt anyone because of the crappy childhood i had...

i completely understand that there are a lot of damaged people in the world, but if a person's behavior and actions make the world unsafe for anyone else, then they should not be free to inflict themselves on others...we are ALL responsible for our own actions, and there have to be consequences when those actions hurt others...

eta: sexual predators CANNOT be fixed, and their crimes lead to lifelong effects for the victims...once they offend, they should never be free again...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back