GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

I'm watching it now too.... WOW... when they leave her alone with Keith before they spill everything... she is STILL gaslighting and lying to him. "They're f*cking with you!!!" she says to him. Okay...back to watching.
Yeah. She is saying I don't want her found or arrested because she saved my life. He seems to kind of know something is up because he says if you need to tell me something, tell me now. Poor dude. It's very hard to handle a liar.

Ok...still in the process of watching (while "working"), at around 35:50 in the L&C Youtube video, she tells the detective "don't talk to me like that". :rolleyes:

First of all, they were being super nice to her given what they know! Second of all, who in the hello does she think she is!!?? :mad:

Back to it. I just had to get that off my chest.

I just finished watching. It is definitely worth the watch in my opinion. She is something to behold!

Also, be sure and watch until the end because she says she wants a lawyer about 10 minutes before the video ends, so they let her leave the room. Keith comes back in alone with the detectives and they talk for just a few minutes. I'm curious if anyone feels the way I do in that they were almost nicer to HER than to her husband. As if he hadn't already been through enough with the "kidnapping" and now just realizing it was all made up. That made me :mad:

I feel very badly for Keith. Watching him, can you imagine the pain he was feeling listening to this? Watching him distance himself from her was telling. He is sick of her lies. He was probably questioning her story before, but hearing it and seeing her continue to deny the truth with evidence in front of her...

He just wanted a heads up so that he wasn't home when it hit the news. I was honestly a little shocked - but so rightfully of him to feel this way! - to see him saying he didn't want her going home with him and his kids. Let it play out... it has been 4 years of lies. The poor guy; he actually seems like a very nice naïve guy.

Last edited:
I feel very badly for Keith. Watching him, can you imagine the pain he was feeling listening to this? Watching him distance himself from her was telling. He is sick of her lies. He was probably questioning her story before, but hearing it and seeing her continue to deny the truth with evidence in front of her...
And realizing FOUR years had passed before the truth came out in this meeting. She just lived the lie.... FOR FOUR YEARS. Pathological.

I just finished watching. It is definitely worth the watch in my opinion. She is something to behold!

Also, be sure and watch until the end because she says she wants a lawyer about 10 minutes before the video ends, so they let her leave the room. Keith comes back in alone with the detectives and they talk for just a few minutes. I'm curious if anyone feels the way I do in that they were almost nicer to HER than to her husband. As if he hadn't already been through enough with the "kidnapping" and now just realizing it was all made up. That made me :mad:
I've not watched the 2nd video but I recall from much earlier reports that it was mostly KP that was making and keeping contact with investigators over the years where he would contact them and advise that SP recollected another memory of a table, etc. Hmm -- I'm wondering if investigators felt they could have broken this fat charade earlier if KP had not so actively sheltered SP from police questioning. Just a thought.

I've not watched the 2nd video but I recall from much earlier reports that it was mostly KP that was making and keeping contact with investigators over the years where he would contact them and advise that SP recollected another memory of a table, etc. Hmm -- I'm wondering if investigators felt they could have broken this fat charade earlier if KP had not so actively sheltered SP from police questioning. Just a thought.
I will say that my opinion of Keith’s reaction was that it was mild compared to what I would have expected. As if he had suspicions at some point that maybe he wouldn’t even acknowledge to himself. I realize everyone processes things differently so I’m basing that on if it were me in his position. Either way, I’m curious on others takeaways from the video.

IMHO Unfortunately, this case was unique from the beginning. Even the social media pictures with her husband had an unsettling feel to them. She is probably fighting her own inner demons right now. Regardless for her reasons for her bizarre actions, she also brought her children, husband, family, friends, community, law enforcement, and labeled her supposed captures into her twisted plan. Whatever her issues are, hopefully, therapy can help her along. Very strange indeed.

Watching the interview now... Sherri's trying oh so hard to act like she's cooperating with detectives in order to identify the women who "abducted" her. IMO she's trying a little too hard which comes off as insincere. JMO.

Frankly she'll get no acting awards from me but then I know she's lying.

Lots of self soothing gestures. And hand fluttering. Looking so attentive but probably working hard mentally planning a way to explain what she may suspect is coming... MOO.

I really dislike this person and suspect she would have thrown anyone under the bus if she could. Blah.

Watching the interview now... Sherri's trying oh so hard to act like she's cooperating with detectives in order to identify the women who "abducted" her. IMO she's trying a little too hard which comes off as insincere. JMO.

Frankly she'll get no acting awards from me but then I know she's lying.

Lots of self soothing gestures. And hand fluttering. Looking so attentive but probably working hard mentally planning a way to explain what she may suspect is coming... MOO.

I really dislike this person and suspect she would have thrown anyone under the bus if she could. Blah.
I could write a book on all the thoughts I had as I watched this. What about the part where they've TOLD her they basically know EVERYTHING and she starts saying "there's no way it could be James, no!" as if that's new information to her and she had no idea that's who "held her captive" for weeks. She's just..... too much.

WHOA. There aren't even words to describe what I just watched in this long version of her interrogation, especially Keith at the very end.
I'm only 18 minutes along and Sherri's being giddy while she's looking at photos of the room. IMO inner panic is setting in. I wonder if Keith is scratching his head at her behavior at this point. She sure ain't acting normal.

I'm only 18 minutes along and Sherri's being giddy while she's looking at photos of the room. IMO inner panic is setting in. I wonder if Keith is scratching his head at her behavior at this point. She sure ain't acting normal.
After watching investigators speak to Keith, alone, at the VERY end, I think he believed her until the interrogation. I don't think he was a participant in her disappearance. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back