Found Deceased NC - Devin Clark, 18, Lyric Woods, 14, found murdered after going missing in Alamance Co., 16 Sep 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking, because I had seen the same report, but have not found the link again yet. Neighbor said he had sat down to watch tv around 12-1, and heard the shots a few minutes after that, around 1:30 IIRC JMO
Wasn't that the witness account for the earlier reported shooting on a different date?

Monday night, the community came together in a vigil at Eastern High School and had a balloon release in tribute to Clark.

Clark's aunt attended the vigil, and she said the senior who was set to graduate in 2023, had a very special bond with his football teammates at the school where he played wide receiver.

“You couldn't ask for no other brothers, even though he had one, these boys stuck together, on the field, off the field, and everywhere," said Crystal Hughes, Clark's aunt. "He did what he was supposed to do. ... He impacted a lot of people, his siblings, his cousins they looked up to him.”

Read between the lines -- no threat to the public --this was a target kill. US Marshal will find him. MOO

https://twitter.com/audpants
Audrey Conklin
@audpants

"The suspect has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder. While that obviously speaks for itself, this was not a random act," a sheriff's office spokesperson said when asked if there remains a threat to the public.

1:51 PM · Sep 21, 2022·
I agree, but… you never know if someone is going to go off the deep end further, especially if they have anger issues, feel trapped and that they’re being hunted down, etc. If this was targeted, they could still explode, take a hostage, kill someone else in order to try to get away, etc.

Read between the lines -- no threat to the public --this was a target kill. US Marshal will find him. MOO

https://twitter.com/audpants
Audrey Conklin
@audpants

"The suspect has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder. While that obviously speaks for itself, this was not a random act," a sheriff's office spokesperson said when asked if there remains a threat to the public.

1:51 PM · Sep 21, 2022·

Thank you for posting this. It is indeed nerve wracking for us locals to have this suspect still on the run, and this helps.

ETA until I read the post from @JerseyWasHome2 lol

you can post it. suspects and victims can be posted.

TikTok (private now — i tried the other tiktok accts listed in her bios but they didn’t work) … there is also a screenshot featured in a tiktok video of said profile before it went private , shows some still shots of her most recent tiktoks —

Has anyone been able to locate devins socials? I tried looking under lyrics followers but couldn’t find his profile. Devin’s mom did tag him on Facebook/ he had an acct but I haven’t been able to find an Instagram , tiktok acct for him.

Wasn't that the witness account for the earlier reported shooting on a different date?
Nope, it was this one. It was reported on one of our local stations, or newspapers, but I cannot find a link to it now, so consider it rumor.

Last edited:
So we are headed into the weekend with no information on the fugitive yet? If I lived around that area, I’d be pretty alarmed and frustrated with the situation. For all I know, there’s an armed and dangerous murderer on the run and police won’t indicate who or where or what?

Hopefully police at least updated the families somewhat? They are having to carry out funerals with the perpetrator still at large.

I live nearby, and I’m frustrated. I don’t necessarily feel there’s a threat to public safety, but there have been several threats at area schools, football games , etc. maybe coincidence, maybe not

I agree, but… you never know if someone is going to go off the deep end further, especially if they have anger issues, feel trapped and that they’re being hunted down, etc. If this was targeted, they could still explode, take a hostage, kill someone else in order to try to get away, etc.

This really doesn't fit the chronology for a 17 yr old assailant that allegedly shot two peers and has not been apprehended after 5 + days. The suspect isn't lying in wait about to attack the locals -- I'd bet money on it.

Following a similar case in WA where two 16 yr old teens burglarized, viciously stabbed, and shot a 51 yr old victim that was the former boyfriend of a suspect's mother.

This was also not a random act, and evidence presented in court at the defendant's bail-bond hearing for the juveniles included how LE found a defendant /family late at night packing an RV -- i.e., an obvious flight risk. And the other defendant tried to fake his disappearance after never showing up to football practice.

Ultimately, two juveniles, each charged with murder, are being held in juvenile detention on $1M bail each. And they will be prosecuted as adults due to their serious actions.

Last edited:
This really doesn't fit the chronology for a 17 yr old assailant that allegedly shot two peers and has not been apprehended after 5 + days. The suspect isn't lying in wait about to attack the locals -- I'd bet money on it.

Following a similar case in WA where two 16 yr old teens burglarized, viciously stabbed, and shot a 51 yr old victim that was the former boyfriend of a suspect's mother.

This was also not a random act, and evidence presented in court at the defendant's bail-bond hearing for the juveniles included how LE found a defendant /family late at night packing an RV -- i.e., an obvious flight risk. And the other defendant tried to fake his disappearance after never showing up to football practice.

Ultimately, two juveniles, each charged with murder, are being held in juvenile detention on $1M bail each. And they will be prosecuted as adults due to their serious actions.

I’m familiar with that other case, but I stand by my opinion that if someone killed once, they have it “in them” to kill again if cornered or panicked. Their goal may not be to kill anyone else, as their first goal was met, and may have been a personal vendetta, but one never knows. In general, no, that person may not be a danger to society, but what if they’re never captured? They’re a minor who had a weapon and ammo. And someone else pisses them off later on in their life? They killed once, and probably wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. Especially if they felt their freedom is at stake since they have not been apprehended yet.

I’m familiar with that other case, but I stand by my opinion that if someone killed once, they have it “in them” to kill again if cornered or panicked. Their goal may not be to kill anyone else, as their first goal was met, and may have been a personal vendetta, but one never knows. In general, no, that person may not be a danger to society, but what if they’re never captured? They’re a minor who had a weapon and ammo. And someone else pisses them off later on in their life? They killed once, and probably wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. Especially if they felt their freedom is at stake since they have not been apprehended yet.
True for a spree killer but I don't think that's the case here.

Do you think the US Marshals are after the suspect? I wonder at what point OCSO would enlist outside help to locate the suspect. We’re past 72h+ since the announcement about the petition.

Could this be a hate crime? Grrrrrr.

I don't personally think it is more than a very slim possibility, but does anyone think there is any chance this 17-year-old has gone off and killed himself somewhere, and that is why he hasn't been found?

I don't personally think it is more than a very slim possibility, but does anyone think there is any chance this 17-year-old has gone off and killed himself somewhere, and that is why he hasn't been found?
IMO, at his age - he would have been located by now. Social media would be all over this.

In a statement, the sheriff’s office said officials filed a juvenile petition against the suspect Tuesday, initiating a process to have the teen tried as an adult in the state's superior court system.

Orange County Sheriff Charles Blackwood said his investigators identified the suspect with the help of other law enforcement agencies.

“We will now work with local, state and federal authorities to apprehend and present the suspect to the court system,” he said.

Blackwood did not identify a possible motive.

Woods' grandfather took to social media offering a $10,000 reward in the case.

Surely someone knows something. If it was not a random crime (and OCSO has implied it was not random), then I’m sure there are rumblings among friends, acquaintances, peers about who might be involved. Lyric probably would have told a friend that she planned to sneak out to meet up with Devin and so-and-so. MOO

I had the same thought when LE announced they had identified a suspect that they were planning to arrest, but was not yet in custody. That announcement alerted the suspect who may have panicked.

That is a possibility. If they’ve identified the suspect, they would know when they lived. If the family/friends/work etc didn’t know they were a suspect, then I would think they would report them missing, but then we would probably never hear from LE until they found the suspect.

I dunno. I still don’t understand why nothing seems to be moving and why they would announce that they had a suspect before they had this person in custody. It’s like giving them a head start by counting to 10.

I’ve said it before, if the suspect is the driver then why not give us a description of the car so we can be on the lookout. I understand that it could identify the suspect, but someone may know where they are hiding.

To the locals:

Hang in there y’all.

I’m just down the road in Durham and understand the uneasy feeling because, well, I live in Durham.

I feel like the suspect may be in G’boro or Durham but always be aware of your surroundings. Try not to be scared or alter your life, because this does seem to be targeted.

Thinking of y’all and sending you a virtual coffee. ((hugs))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288