GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

YoAs someone who married (and eventually divorced) a man just like SP, I sympathise with KP. That kind of person (SP) lives for drama. There is always something happening to or about them. It is so easy to get caught up in their BS and they lie constantly. So much so that you don't know what's true anymore and you doubt everything, even your own gut instincts. They get bored and they manufacture a crisis - my theory is that some part of their brain is damaged and it needs constant stimulation through drama or crises. They also have zero empathy.

Forgive me generalising here, just so much behaviour was very familiar to me watching the videos of KP. JMO and IMO.
You are probably speaking from wisdom and experience. Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

I began to wonder why cases like this irk most of us so much. Afterall, no one was killed. And most cases we follow involve murder. So what is it that gets our ire up so much in this case?

I also recently got upset about another case where a mother faked the death of her and her young son and ran off across the border. LE searched for them, dragged ther river, etc. She had faked it.

Upon reflection I think I have a disproportionate response to these two cases because the perpetrators where women who faked that they were victims. I guess I hold women up to a higher standard than men, who we aren't 'surprised at' when they inflict a very heinous crime against women. I think, 'how dare you fake that you are a victim when there are real female victims out there!'

<sigh>

Last edited:
I began to wonder why cases like this irk most of us so much. Afterall, no one was killed. And most cases we follow involve murder. So what is it the gets our ire up so much in this case?

I also recently got upset about another case where a mother faked the death of her and her young son and ran off across the border. LE searched for them, dragged ther river, etc. She had faked it.

Upon reflection I think I have a disproportionate response to these two cases because the perpetrators where women who faked that they were victims. I guess I hold women up to a higher standard than men, who we aren't 'surprised at' when they inflict a very heinous crime against women. I think, 'how dare you fake that you are a victim when there are real female victims out there!'

<sigh>
Yes I feel the same.
Life is hard, things go wrong. Why make up stories about suffering when there are so many people actually suffering who would give anything to be in a position of privilege like these manipulators.
And it makes it so hard for future victims to be believed. That makes me angry tbh.

I am fortunate that I don't know S but unfortunately I have known her kind.

IMO her life, going forward, will be charmed chaos. People like S need drama and attention; if people grow weary of her, she'll do what they do and find a new audience. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Even her sorry apology was grandiose and self-adulating.

Sucktheliferightouttaya.

JMO

I think, 'how dare you fake that you are a victim when there are real female victims out there!'
^^rsbm

And what is most unfortunate about this incident that has us reeling and seeing red is that no amount of punishment will have any effect on SP.

Women (and men) with the ability to perform and use others as SP did have a skill set that allows them to " find a new audience, lather, rinse, and repeat." [credit @Megnut ].

She discards you when you no longer hold any value to her.

For example, after Donovan (online pal) failed to show, she turned to plan B where she conned JR to drive 10+ hours to collect her, provide a place for her to live out her torture fantasy, and return her to Northern CA where she treated him like it was his duty to perform for her as requested. And once JR was out of SP's reach, JR couldn't talk fast enough-- wondering if he lost his mind or if this was a bad dream. There's a reason SP and her like are called "crazymakers." They really can cause you to question your own sanity.

As far as her children are concerned, they are nothing but an extension of her. She needed them for the image she wanted to portray. When she was first arrested, not once did she act to see them under supervised visitation that KP agreed to. Out of sight, out of mind.

SP cares about nothing but herself, and that her needs are met. SP is SP's priority. MOO

Last edited:

<sigh>
I appreciate your viewpoint Snoop, but one thing I have learned in life which has only been reinforced by reviewing the crimes on this board, is that men have no monopoly on bad behavior that so many women wish would be true. Even I, as a man, am sometimes surprised about how heinous women can be against men, but we shouldn't be. It's the nature of humanity. And, we should learn not to have such biases. I know I'm just stating the obvious. I just have to remind myself that there are caring men and there are caring women, in equal proportion.

I would think (her still being free and being able read and watch the same stuff we all do) that Sheri would be aware that her police interrogation video has now been released and available for anyone to see.
I wonder how that's gotta feel.
....and the award for worst actress in a drama role goes to...
Unfortunately, I think she is so delusional in her own self importance and grandiose self-worth, that she never truly feels embarrassment.

I believe she will flourish in prison, the guards and fellow inmates will be charmed by her and her notoriety, and she will "queen bee' before her first week is up. Grrrrrrrr.

JMO

I am fortunate that I don't know S but unfortunately I have known her kind.

IMO her life, going forward, will be charmed chaos. People like S need drama and attention; if people grow weary of her, she'll do what they do and find a new audience. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Even her sorry apology was grandiose and self-adulating.

Sucktheliferightouttaya.

JMO
You're right, there are more folks out there like her. One difference in most, is that they may lie to make themselves appear grander than they are, richer than they are, more successful, the best. I've not run into any who would go to quite the lengths that SP has to garner that attention.

I read the "apology/statement", and nowhere does she specifically apologize to her husband, her children, or her ex-bf who she pulled into her ruse. (In the police interview it appears she was willing to keep up the ruse, and even throw ex-bf under the bus, if necessary, until she realized that her goose was cooked.)

Apology/Statement in link.
What Sherri Papini said in court before being sentenced for fabricating California kidnapping
Careful what you ask for!

It would actually be no surprise if they extend her "report date" if prisons are refusing her. Federal prisons can be prima donnas and come up with reasons to reject somebody like SP -- not wanting another "high maintenance" inmate disrupting the mix! Naturally, this will be voiced in the context of rejection for "security" reasons. The last federal case I followed from Florida resulted in having to send the inmate to BOP Arizona. I'm not kidding when I say the feds operate differently. :)

ETA: I don't recall how involved KP was with the bond/bail conditions SP was initially released on but they are still in effect until she is in federal custody behind bars. Obviously, KP and the children can't put SP behind them -- she's still a nasty thorn in his side.

BIBM That's the truth. They'll get her in somewhere. When she gets a bed, that bed may be far from home. Covid has changed things up quite a bit. It most definitely won't be a bed she's used to. With her personality type though, she'll likely find a way to fit in.

I have no doubt Sherri will have the prison guards and maybe even the "alpha" inmates wrapped around her little finger soon enough. She's going to be a hand full IMO.

It's interesting that among the physical trauma she put herself through in order to show her "victimhood" - the burns, the branding, the broken nose, etc. - she included cutting her "signature" hair. IMO an odd act, almost as if she saw losing the long hair as some sort of physical torture. Not to us of course, but to herself.

Our personal identities are often determined by what we do, our accomplishments and how we're perceived by those around us. I have to wonder what Sherri identifies with. Physical beauty perhaps? "Supermom?" Loving wife? She had a major fail with two of those and did a pretty mean job obliterating the third.

I guess what I'm really asking is what was the payoff for Sherri? I suspect it's something most of us won't understand. MOO.

I have no doubt Sherri will have the prison guards and maybe even the "alpha" inmates wrapped around her little finger soon enough. She's going to be a hand full IMO.

It's interesting that among the physical trauma she put herself through in order to show her "victimhood" - the burns, the branding, the broken nose, etc. - she included cutting her "signature" hair. IMO an odd act, almost as if she saw losing the long hair as some sort of physical torture. Not to us of course, but to herself.

Our personal identities are often determined by what we do, our accomplishments and how we're perceived by those around us. I have to wonder what Sherri identifies with. Physical beauty perhaps? "Supermom?" Loving wife? She had a major fail with two of those and did a pretty mean job obliterating the third.

I guess what I'm really asking is what was the payoff for Sherri? I suspect it's something most of us won't understand. MOO.
I have wondered this too. Months of elaborate planning and arrangements. I don't see this as something a clear thinking person does. It's not like she escaped her life for a few weeks to hook up with a guy and then decided that she wanted to go back home and plotted a kidnapping. I have wondered what her planned outcome was going to be? So many questions still.

I think attention and adoration as a “strong victim”. :/

Ok...still in the process of watching (while "working"), at around 35:50 in the L&C Youtube video, she tells the detective "don't talk to me like that". :rolleyes:

First of all, they were being super nice to her given what they know! Second of all, who in the hello does she think she is!!?? :mad:

Back to it. I just had to get that off my chest.

It was after they told her this is her chance to come clean. She didn't like broaching the idea that she's been lying.

I think the opposite is possible. She's wacko for sure and good at manipulating weak minded people, but she is physically very fragile and unintimidating. Unlike Arias, Papini fell like a house of cards once the detectives put her in the corner ("nobody puts Baby in the corner"). Papini might get her lunch handed to her in the pen and live out her time there in fear. I expect her to come out looking worse and more damaged than she is now.

RSBM, couldn't manage the usual quote feature?

Fully aware that they will be in different correctional systems -- but consider for a moment, Hoaxter Sherri Papini & Goddess Lori Vallow as cellmates....

jmho ymmv lrr

I think the opposite is possible. She's wacko for sure and good at manipulating weak minded people, but she is physically very fragile and unintimidating. Unlike Arias, Papini fell like a house of cards once the detectives put her in the corner ("nobody puts Baby in the corner"). Papini might get her lunch handed to her in the pen and live out her time there in fear. I expect her to come out looking worse and more damaged than she is now.
Depending on where she is sent, it is quite possible she will be mercilessly hazed from the beginning. Or worse. Her type of crime will give her no currency with the rest of the "pop". JMO

I imagine Sherri will carry on like nothing happened and continue her lies and deceit.

Jmo
Another diminutive manipulator, Susan Smith, managed to make a life in prison. She had an affair with a prison guard and now she has a pen pal boyfriend whom she plans on marrying if she's granted parole in 2024. Smith desires to make up for lost time in her life and insists she's not a monster, just misunderstood.

I can see Sherri copping a similar attitude and maybe acting out a bit more, given her histrionic personality. When it's the Sherri Show 24/7 anything can happen. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back