OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, BCI shoe print expert, Susan Elliott intended to appear on camera, then opted out, then testified a bit off camera, then judge announced adjournment for the day. What the heck is going on in that courtroom?

Last edited:
Jake will lose his plea deal if he lies. He’ll be back to facing the death penalty. He’ll be stuck on death row the rest of his life, much more restrictive and unpleasant than the general prison environment. Never gets to go outdoors, only an hour per day outside of his cell. No mingling with others or getting exercise.

Jake isn’t going to lie. That’s very rarely done and theres no benefit in doing so.

Whats’s really strange is seeing any benefit to letting GW4 out of jail.
And I think that would put the DP back on the table for GW4 and BW, too.

So, BCI shoe print expert, Susan Elliott intended to appear on camera, then opted out, then testified a bit off camera, then judge announced adjournment for the day. What the heck is going on in that courtroom?
I don't like this at all. Imo, Ohio needs to change their law. These court proceedings should be a go for video and audio. This is a state case, not a federal one. MOO

Evan Millward
@EvanMillward
·
2h
PIKE COUNTY TRIAL: Demonstration model Glock being used in court is a Gen 4 - as Parker points out. But just a demonstration gun.

White says magazine for Glock can hold up to 20 bullets.

Both the Glock and the Walther Colt both fire one shot for each pull of trigger

This demonstration rifle is an SKS - manufactured in China. Also made in Russia (originally).

Notes this is a wood stock, but can be polymer.

View attachment 369258 View attachment 369259

White says attaching a suppressor needs a threaded barrel, so the firearm doesn't hit the suppressor and damage or blow up the gun.

This demonstrator SKS does not have a threaded barrel. A homemade suppressor could obscure the sites - damage the barrel.

White says a plastic suppressor likely wouldn't hold up to the power of the gun. He says most are steel, titanium, or aluminum

Parker is asking if this SKS can be fired in any position (standing, sitting, kneeling, etc) - White says yes but accuracy may be impacted.

Says It is also semi-automatic - one trigger pull = one shot.

White again holds up a 7.62x39 mm cartridge - designed to be used in the SKS.

It is Tulammo brand ammunition.

View attachment 369260

White notes that there are larger capacity mags available for the SKS - can hold up to 30 cartridges - and would extend below the bottom of the rifle.

White testifies that a homemade silencer made from - say - an oil filter from a vehicle, depending on how it is attached, could obstruct the gun's sites.

We heard in openings - this is what Jake says may be why George didn't shoot - he couldn't see.

Cross-examination is done - now to re-direct.

Wilson shows White a photo - he identifies it as an SKS style rifle. Includes a site designed for grenade or rocket launcher.

View attachment 369261

Wilson asks if its possible to weld a homemade silencer to the end of the SKS.

White says it would be less accurate - if alignment isn't right, it could damage.

View attachment 369262

White says he had no .30 caliber cartridge casings to compare - what does that mean? They were overlooked or not present, he says.

We wrap Matt White's testimony. Court is on break.

link: https://twitter.com/evanmillward
Thanks niner!

Jake will lose his plea deal if he lies. He’ll be back to facing the death penalty. He’ll be stuck on death row the rest of his life, much more restrictive and unpleasant than the general prison environment. Never gets to go outdoors, only an hour per day outside of his cell. No mingling with others or getting exercise.

Jake isn’t going to lie. That’s very rarely done and theres no benefit in doing so.

Whats’s really strange is seeing any benefit to letting GW4 out of jail.
The benefit, in their still twisted minds...the children and FW's money. AJMO

I don't like this at all. Imo, Ohio needs to change their law. These court proceedings should be a go for video and audio. This is a state case, not a federal one. MOO
This case should not be unique. There have been lots of big, sensational cases across the U.S. I can't recall another one, except for federal, surrounded with so much secrecy. My opinion.
ETA: Agree time to change Ohio law.

Last edited:

It all started when the court’s bailiff stepped into the courtroom at around 11:45 a.m. and slipped a post-it note to Judge Randy Deering. Deering read the note, made a facial expression, jotted down some things on paper, and reached for his cell phone and was typing on it. Simultaneously, the bailiff was handed two pieces of paper with highlights on them from the court administrator, Sandra Lawhorn. It is unknown what was on the post-it note, the pieces of paper, or if they had anything to do with the trial or the early dismissal.

It all started when the court’s bailiff stepped into the courtroom at around 11:45 a.m. and slipped a post-it note to Judge Randy Deering. Deering read the note, made a facial expression, jotted down some things on paper, and reached for his cell phone and was typing on it. Simultaneously, the bailiff was handed two pieces of paper with highlights on them from the court administrator, Sandra Lawhorn. It is unknown what was on the post-it note, the pieces of paper, or if they had anything to do with the trial or the early dismissal.
I wonder if it has something to do with the lawsuit filed last week against him by the media.

This is the second time in two weeks, judge unexpectedly adjourned court for the day. I hope the public learns why.
IMO-I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with a threat at the courthouse. There was one yesterday at another one in Ohio (close to this courthouse?) Police investigate a bomb threat at the Chillicothe Municipal Court - Scioto Valley Guardian
ETA-IMO, but pretty sure that the earlier unexpected adjournment had to do with someone's health issue.

I can understand, after seeing some LE people commenting on the abuse they and their families endured online and in real life, how some might not want their faces broadcast. I think the public is entitled to hear the audio though or at the very least the closed caption to read the testimony in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair