Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been proposed here before that AK is possibly smarter than he appears and prefers to play dumb when it suits him.

I don't subscribe to that. His father, who has known him all of his life, called him stupid. I'm inclined to believe that assessment.
Yep, he was that stupid as to accept $150,000 from Channel 7 for an interview!

Perhaps they could take him on a walkthrough of the house so he has to describe and account for every hour after ASIC left.

I still think he has been playing the "stupid" role since he was a child to get away with things. It would be good if they have his mental health assessed. What is his IQ? He seemed to use words on an earlier day that are not consistent with a low IQ. They also need to get other people's opinions of him and his behaviour in the past. I wonder what Melissa's parents and brother really think of him. How on earth did he get a job and keep it at that prestigious hairdressing salon at Bondi? Have they interviewed his previous employers and doctors?

IMO there is more to AK than meets the eye.
’how on earth did he get a job and keep it at that prestigious hairdressing salon at Bondi‘ is a very good question.

IMO he is distressed and struggling because a) he’s trying to dumb himself down and b) he knows more about his wife’s disappearance than he is letting on.

Yep, he was that stupid as to accept $150,000 from Channel 7 for an interview!

Nothing particularly clever about accepting money from cheque book journos, methinks, especially when he claims he had no source of income.

Last edited:
’how on earth did he get a job and keep it at that prestigious hairdressing salon at Bondi‘ is a very good question.

IMO he is distressed and struggling because a) he’s trying to dumb himself down and b) he knows more about his wife’s disappearance than he is letting on.
Yes, I agree with this.

IMO he lied in the beginning while trying to cover up his wife's disappearance, and now he's having trouble trying to remember what he did or didn't say when first interviewed by the police.

I'm not surprised he's getting all confused by the questionning.

Family’s fiery defence of Melissa Caddick’s husband​

Melissa Caddick’s brother says he misses his sister dearly, despite himself being ripped off by the Sydney conwoman.

Melissa Caddick’s brother has leapt to the defence of the fraudster’s husband, Anthony Koletti, penning a strongly worded statement in which he hit back at so-called suggestions the hairdresser may have “harmed” her.

Mr Koletti will resume his evidence at a future date.

In an affidavit tendered to the court, and written before Mr Koletti took the witness stand this week, Ms Caddick’s brother, Adam Grimley, said his family “categorically dismisses” the suggestion his brother-in-law was possibly involved in Ms Caddick going missing.

He said he was “floored” at counsel assisting “going after” Mr Koletti.

“I make this statement in response to the line of questioning taken by counsel assisting which suggests that my brother-in-law Anthony Koletti could have harmed my sister or is in some way complicit in her disappearance,” Mr Grimley wrote in the statement dated September 19.

BBM Good!

Can the coroner ask the police to reinvestigate AK? Or this inquest is it, and the coroner will come to a conclusion which includes whether or not AK is truthful?

The coroner's task at an inquest is to try to get to the truth and will ask whatever questions of whatever person that he/she deems appropriate to that task.

An inquest into the disappearance and presumed death of a person is not the equivalent of a TV interview.

It seems that Koletti and Grimley are not aware of that. Any competent legal adviser would have made that clear to them if they had bothered to ask.

Yes, a coroner can make findings on the truthfulness or otherwise of witnesses.

Mr Koletti will resume his evidence at a future date.

BBM Good!

I'm not sure what will be achieved by that. IMO, it's already clear from his previous performance that, when presented with the litany of inconsistencies in his versions of events, he shuts down.

I can't see that changing. I think the coroner will determine that he is an unreliable (if not untruthful) witness.

maybe mc loved ak because she thought he was a gentle man she could spoil and shower with gifts, a man who adored her and her son, someone safe, knowing he wouldnt question her work, just happy to stay home and be her husband while she did her job, sounds like she had financial control of him, which can take a persons confidence away, he may have been scared to report her missing initially, i think hes broken and i dont think her hurt her

Today's tweets so far

Kate McClymont

@Kate_McClymont
·
3h

No sign of the Melissa Caddick inquest commencing. Her husband Anthony Koletti is here, but just whether he will be back in the box today given his confusion and distress yesterday.

Anthony Koletti's back in the witness box. His lawyer Judy Swan read out some of the abusive messages he's been getting, including one on LinkedIn which said: "You dodgy prick, I hope you get locked up." Jason Downing, SC, asking about finding his wife Melissa Caddick's phone.

“I don’t recall having a line of thought,” said Anthony Koletti on discovering his wife had left without her phone, keys, wallet and a bag of legal files for her 10am appointment with lawyers the morning she went missing. He said the phone stuck in his mind.

Koletti's evidence is doing my head in. He previously identified himself in a grainy image in a car at 6.55am the morning Melissa disappeared. He said it was him out searching. Now he says you can't really tell & he was at home and hadn't realized she was gone.

More information from Anthony Koletti about his missing wife Melissa Caddick

1664424711369.pngDon't know what to make of Melissa Caddick's hero being - gulp - Joan of Arc. This is what her husband Anthony Koletti listed on a Lost Person Questionnaire he filled in for "Sydney Search Dogs" in an effort to find his missing wife.

1664424755673.png

"Missing? In what respect," asked Anthony Koletti in response to a question about the disappearance of his wife Melissa Caddick.

Instead of being out searching for his wife Melissa Caddick on the evening of the day she went missing, it now turns out Anthony Koletti had gone to a mate's place to smoke a joint. He deleted texts about this before he handed his phone over to the police.

Kate McClymont

"I am exhausted mate, I cannot focus. This is so crazy," said Anthony Koletti rubbing his forehead. "I don’t see any relevance to any of this." Of counsel assisting, Jason Downing's question, Koletti said, "It's so circular & it's really not serving anyone any purpose."

The text messages Anthony Koletti DELETED after he went to smoke a joint on the night of Melissa Caddick's disappearance - and his bizarre description of what she was wearing​

He told the court he drove to a friend's house on the evening of November 12, 2020, to get an 'e-cigarette'.

'Was it, in fact, to smoke a joint?' counsel assisting Jason Downing SC asked.

'I don't know... it's possible,' Mr Koletti said.

'You must remember,' Mr Downing said.

'Let's just say I did. What's your point?' Mr Koletti said.

'On a night you told us you were conducting searches throughout the day... you, in fact, went to smoke a joint with a friend,' Mr Downing said.

Mr Koletti said he was concerned about his wife and accepted that it was to calm himself down if he did it.

Mr Koletti deleted the text messages exchanged with that friend before he handed his phone over to police to assist with their inquiries, Mr Downing said.

Doing that must of had 'something to do with marijuana', Mr Koletti said.

He formally reported his wife missing the following day on November 13, and was asked if he had been out the night before.

'Not that I know of,' he said.

snip

He spent the afternoon resting out of sight in the NSW Coroners Court building, before his lawyer told the magistrate he needed to be assessed before returning.

'We will be taking him to see someone, he may be fine, but we are not doctors,' his lawyer Judy Swan said.

Just after 1 pm, the coroner announced Mr Koletti would be dismissed from giving evidence, telling him: 'If you are unable to focus on the questions and give truthful answers, that is not going to assist me'.

He had previously told Mr Downing on the morning of her disappearance on November 12, 2020, he assumed Ms Caddick had gone out to do some exercise.

'I didn't think anything of it ... she's just gone for a walk which she does every day not a problem,' he told police in an interview.

In evidence, Mr Koletti agreed that his wife had no habits, her exercise regime was irregular and she mostly jogged on the treadmill by that stage.

Mr Downing continued questioning Mr Koletti on Wednesday about this inconsistency, asking if he was now trying to justify his answers.

'One of the accounts must not be true,' Mr Downing said.

'I'm guessing so, yes,' Mr Koletti said.

'Why are you guessing?' Mr Downing said.

'Because your questions are confusing, the way you talk is not the way my mind works,' Mr Koletti said.

'Everyone has got a different mind. You've got to understand that. I don't think you do. I've been through a lot, in case you haven't noticed.'

Mr Koletti was taken to his statement, but the confusion continued.

'You can read, can't you?' Mr Downing said.

'I am so confused by your questions,' Mr Koletti responded.

Questions then turned to where her phone was found, by whom, and when. Mr Koletti had told police a different version to his evidence in court.

'You're just going around in circles like you were before,' Mr Koletti said.

'I can't answer these questions over and over again.'

View attachment 369445

View attachment 369446View attachment 369447

Just after 1 pm, the coroner announced Mr Koletti would be dismissed from giving evidence, telling him: 'If you are unable to focus on the questions and give truthful answers, that is not going to assist me'.

He had previously told Mr Downing on the morning of her disappearance on November 12, 2020, he assumed Ms Caddick had gone out to do some exercise.

'I didn't think anything of it ... she's just gone for a walk which she does every day not a problem,' he told police in an interview.

In evidence, Mr Koletti agreed that his wife had no habits, her exercise regime was irregular and she mostly jogged on the treadmill by that stage.

Mr Downing continued questioning Mr Koletti on Wednesday about this inconsistency, asking if he was now trying to justify his answers.

'One of the accounts must not be true,' Mr Downing said.

'I'm guessing so, yes,' Mr Koletti said.

'Why are you guessing?' Mr Downing said.

'Because your questions are confusing, the way you talk is not the way my mind works,' Mr Koletti said.

'Everyone has got a different mind. You've got to understand that. I don't think you do. I've been through a lot, in case you haven't noticed.'

Mr Koletti was taken to his statement, but the confusion continued.

'You can read, can't you?' Mr Downing said.

'I am so confused by your questions,' Mr Koletti responded.

Questions then turned to where her phone was found, by whom, and when. Mr Koletti had told police a different version to his evidence in court.

'You're just going around in circles like you were before,' Mr Koletti said.

'I can't answer these questions over and over again.'

View attachment 369445

View attachment 369446View attachment 369447
I analysed the letter and at the bottom it looks like the word 'early' can be interpreted as 'car' and the y with . next to it as a full stop looks to be a J with the dot of an 'i' next to it, then when you look at the word 'All' it's as if it is meant to be 'Jail'
Then at the top you could look at letters that appear bolder in ink than others and using a code of seperating bold letters from lighter ones, the words "I need the car" can be read down the left side of the note.

"That's kind of when I gathered that she was missing," said husband Anthony Koletti when he realised his wife Melissa Caddick wasn't at an online Federal court hearing on 13 November 2020, the day after she went missing. #Caddickinquestin

In frustration, Jason Downing SC, counsel assisting
the coroner said, "Mr Koletti, you can read, can’t you?" Melissa Caddick's husband replied, "I am so confused by your questions." #caddickinquest

"Weren’t you trying to justify your long delay in going to the police?" asked Downing about Koletti claiming his wife Melissa Caddick had gone out for a jog when for the last month she had never left the house early in the morning. #caddickinquest

"The way you talk is not the way my mind works...I am struggling," said Anthony Koletti in response to questioning from counsel assisting the inquest into his wife Melissa Caddick's disappearance.
I fear it's going to be a long day.

"I have no idea what you’re saying now, I am so confused," said Koletti as he's been taken through yesterday's evidence about his level of concern for his wife Melissa Caddick during the police raid.
"Try to focus," said the deputy coroner kindly.

"I don't need your evidence about his evidence," said the deputy coroner Elizabeth Ryan to Anthony Koletti's solicitor Judy Swan.
"We'll take a 15-minute break for you to collect your thoughts," the dep coroner said to Koletti #Caddickinquest

There's been a delay in the resumption of proceedings in the Melissa Caddick inquest. Her husband Anthony Koletti has been struggling. Before the break, he said: "I’ve been through a lot, in case you haven’t noticed. Not many people have been through what I have been through."

AK you've "been through" millions of dollars of others people's money, you're right, not many people have been through what you've been through!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288