OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking if she knew anything about Chris Sr building a pill mill? She provided that info to BCI based on hearsay. Someone must have told her that rumor.

She described Chris & Billy as business associates

He asked her if she was aware Chris Sr was involved in other drug business. She said not first hand knowledge.

Sounds like defense is going to try to use a lot of those rumors that Wagners were likely spreading on social media after the murders.

Yep defense is trying but AC is objecting.
Defense started to ask about RW at BBL and trafficking, what KR personally overheard while being present...many AC objections, and defense moved on.

More of the same, KR told BCI agents about more than weed trafficking, Kendra answered "yes based on what I'd heard", so hearsay. Judge did let that question and answer into the record though?

Last edited:
Asking if she knew anything about Chris Sr building a pill mill? She provided that info to BCI based on hearsay. Someone must have told her that rumor.

I love when she said, that knowledge was based on hearsay! HA defense wants to play games and learned quick exactly how to play that game.

I love when she said, that knowledge was based on hearsay! HA defense wants to play games and learned quick exactly how to play that game.

Maybe she should go to law school. Pike County (and other places down there) probably need good lawyers like her who stand up to those wishing to defend the Boss Hoggs.

He asked her if she was aware Chris Sr was involved in other drug business. She said not first hand knowledge.

Sounds like defense is going to try to use a lot of those rumors that Wagners were likely spreading on social media after the murders.
So this brings up something I am curious about.

In police interviews when they ask questions a lot of that I would imagine is people stating what they have heard, what they know based on things they heard..

example

What do you think about Billy Wagner? In a small town, it's so easy to hear and know things based on people saying things over time.. we all know how that is. So if she was asked this she might say, not a good guy, known to be a bully, sells drugs with my dad, known as a hard head or something you don't mess with. This could be something she knows from 20+ years of growing up in this down and being around this guy or around those that have interactions with him.

This is hearsay though so can't be asked in court. So to ask someone about something they told police, but now they can't really give details because that is hearsay doesn't make it not true or make that person a liar. It means she was asked opinion based questions and totally allowed to tell LE those opinions and now she can't. She isn't changing her story, she isn't allowed to tell it now. f

At what point are those opinions allowed to be introduced? It's easy to conclude that there is arguing if Hanna is upset after getting texts when you are present with her. You don't need to see the texts to know that. If say she's crying, sharing her heart and soul about Jake doing xyz.. how is that not allowed to be said?

Wonder what Hanna told her that the attorneys don't want her to talk about? All hearsay?

Recess 15 minutes
She said at first she heard CRSR talking about getting a lawyer...lots of objections...and then AC moved on? I don't understand how she couldn't build a foundation to continue those questions and get that in the record...if Kendra was saying she heard CRSR speaking it?

So this brings up something I am curious about.

In police interviews when they ask questions a lot of that I would imagine is people stating what they have heard, what they know based on things they heard..

example

What do you think about Billy Wagner? In a small town, it's so easy to hear and know things based on people saying things over time.. we all know how that is. So if she was asked this she might say, not a good guy, known to be a bully, sells drugs with my dad, known as a hard head or something you don't mess with. This could be something she knows from 20+ years of growing up in this down and being around this guy or around those that have interactions with him.

This is hearsay though so can't be asked in court. So to ask someone about something they told police, but now they can't really give details because that is hearsay doesn't make it not true or make that person a liar. It means she was asked opinion based questions and totally allowed to tell LE those opinions and now she can't. She isn't changing her story, she isn't allowed to tell it now. f

At what point are those opinions allowed to be introduced? It's easy to conclude that there is arguing if Hanna is upset after getting texts when you are present with her. You don't need to see the texts to know that. If say she's crying, sharing her heart and soul about Jake doing xyz.. how is that not allowed to be said?
And HR let her hear the convos with JW. They never got to the ones that night because KR wasn't present at HR's. So are KR's side of those texts admissible? I'm sure BCI printed them out because they are the only record of what was being discussed as HR's phone was taken.

with how much the defense loves to talk about Chance and Brownie, Angela needs to call them to the stand and they can bark 1 for yes and bark 2 for no
I mean it's odd that they keep hammering this point. The Wagner's had been out to Kenneths and Chris sr houses. George had been to Chris Srs and Jake's proffer says George waited in the truck at a look out spot before they went down the road to Left Fork and Jake and Billy went to Kenneths while George was a lookout. So if George was not known to Kenneths dog it doesn't matter. Billy and Jake were.

Is the defense trying to suggest it was a family member of the Rhodens since the dog knew them? Because the dogs knew the Wagners also. It is barking up the wrong tree...

A cartel would have taken out the dogs and likely the kids also.

Yet Judge let that in!? After all that defense objecting and the AC objecting on relevance and hearsay, he stil let that last thing in abiut KR telling BCI she'd heard it was more than weed trafficking! How can that be let in and the jury not be told to disregard!?

It's starting to look like a baseball ump who calls strikes for one team but then gives the other team balls for the same pitch!

I mean it's odd that they keep hammering this point. The Wagner's had been out to Kenneths and Chris sr houses. George had been to Chris Srs and Jake's proffer says George waited in the truck at a look out spot before they went down the road to Left Fork and Jake and Billy went to Kenneths while George was a lookout. So if George was not known to Kenneths dog it doesn't matter. Billy and Jake were.

Is the defense trying to suggest it was a family member of the Rhodens since the dog knew them? Because the dogs knew the Wagners also. It is barking up the wrong tree...

A cartel would have taken out the dogs and likely the kids also.
The Defense has gone to the Dogs!

She said at first she heard CRSR talking about getting a lawyer...lots of objections...and then AC moved on? I don't understand how she couldn't build a foundation to continue those questions and get that in the record...if Kendra was saying she heard CRSR speaking it?

JMO, maybe there wasn't a foundation to build on about that subject with Kendra. Perhaps AC is going to introduce it via another witness who did have first hand knowledge that Chris Sr was looking into hiring an attorney for Hanna's custody. We know the Wagners had gone to an attorney to begin fighting for custody.

We've all theorized that for years - that the purchase of the new place for Dana triggered whomever killed all of them. That came up very early in discussions here at WS. It eventually settled into a theory that Chris Sr and Dana were working to make sure Jake couldn't get custody of Sophia and Kylie. So, new place for Dana and the kids, away from the other place.

And we're back. Jury coming in. Cory Holdren

A week after they began dating, she found out she was pregnant. He was sad and they broke up. They hadn't had intimate relations yet. Later, she posted on FB that she had been in an accident, he contacted her to see how she was. They resumed their relationship. They had a great relationship.

He took over when Charlie Gilley denied he was father. Was there when she was delivered, cut the umbilical cord, went to her appointments with her, etc. Said she was a great mom.

Last edited:
And we're back. Jury coming in. Cory Holdren
Sending him all the prayers and strength to get through this!

Also, edited to add that he could have been a victim in this because he could have been staying with Hanna and they were prepared to kill anyone there that night. Also, Kendra and her bf also happened to not be there, but were supposed to. Eerie to think about 3 more victims that could have been.

Oh and here it is! Kendra saw the texts from Jake to Hanna the day before the murders offering to keep Sophia for a few more days to allow her to recover after having Kylie!
So that IMO answers the question, S was already with JW on the day of or before the murders and he did not pick her up and miss everything by hours (that is somewhat how he worded it IIRC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd