OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Corey Holdren made me cry (the 1st time during this trial). His testimony was so heartbreaking. IMO-AC wanted to show the jury want true love is all about. It sure is not about being controlled by one man and his entire family too or at least going along with it. Again that part it just IMO.
Night and Day right there.

One side is accusatory, demanding, controlling, torment, fear, anxiety.. Even after the break up, control, fear, threats, all part of the game and his "love" for her.

The other side.. accepting, encouraging, supportive without control, loving, kind, provider, nurterer.. even after death he is still doing that for her.

He came across loud and clear!

I can vouch for your early assessment of the murders and motives behind them. I think we have to be patient until they finish presenting all the evidence gathered from the murders. It will begin focusing on GW4, especially after they start giving testimony on the shoeprint evidence, texts, wiretaps, etc. When we start hearing his voice, discussing the murders with other family members, it will be clear.
I pray that it will be so. Otherwise a cold bloodied killer laughs and dances his way out of the courthouse to go terrorize his ex wife and get his son back. Our worst nightmare @Betty P @rsd1200 @Dudly @Puzzles8 and others who believe wholeheartedly in his guilt.

JMO

If George was innocent, he would be screaming and throwing a huge fit and testifying against his family that they did it not him. He's not going to sit there and let his family say he did it. He would have taken a deal right away. He acts guilty.

If I were innocent I would have told Canepa and Junk right away and offered to turn State's evidence.

BBM
Of course they are all lumped together.

Once again this is George's trial. What Jake, Billy and Angie did doesn't mean a hill of beans to the jury, because this is George's jury, his trial. The prosecution can prove Jake, Billy and Angie were in the planning, execution and cover up all year long, but the jury is not even going to consider the evidence against anyone but George.

All the jury has to believe is George went along, lumped along, with his dad and brother, and was at the murder scenes.

That's the problem, the prosecution has not presented any evidence he went along, lumped along or was even in the state of Ohio when the other 3 planned, carried out and covered up the murders.

That is what I am waiting for. Real evidence against George. Not what Jake said, not what Angie said, not some shoe evidence that the state expert admitted that they couldn't prove George wore or ever saw, not some maybe truthful story by Jake that George was there, not some half baked story George went with Jake and Angie to buy a truck from a cousin and not some blurry shots of some headlights and tail lights of vehicles that could have been driven by a couple of early morning turkey hunters.

Right now they have him on MAYBE obstruction of justice. That's all I see RIGHT NOW. Maybe later on they will get to some evidence against just him alone, because that is what it is going to take to convict him of anything.

I cannot pin my hopes on the proffers by Jake or Angie. Half of what Angie said is hearsay, that she said the men told her after they returned. That will be thrown out. She can testify to the shoes she bought but has already went on record saying she threw them away because the boys didn't like them. One of the BCI Agents testified they put all 4 W's in separate rooms to be interviewed at the border. When questioned about the shoes in separate interviews from each other and Angie, both Jake and George denied they ever saw those shoes.

And Jake admitted he killed 5, shot 1 and Billy killed 3.

AC said there are inconsistencies with the evidence the state has in Jake's story. In fact during one motion she said Jake told several different stories. How are we supposed to pin any hope on that? That's like a 16 year old boy when asked where he was all night. I was at Tom's house. Ok I'll call Tom's mom. No wait I was at Dick's house. Then I will call Dick's mom. No wait I was really at Harry's house. Then I will call Harry's mom. No wait I really had amnesia and don't remember where I was last night. Good luck on getting the to the truth.

That's how I feel about Jake's story. Repositioned Hannah's body so the baby could nurse. Major BS. He didn't give a FHF about that baby or if it starved to death. If he did he wouldn't have killed the baby's mother and especially not in the dark with that same baby in bed with her. An old friend once said "Bullets don't have eyes." And several people have told me a .22 bullet could have went though her body and hit the baby and killed it.

Sorry I just don't believe anything Jake said.

JMO
Let's see what story Jake tells on the stand. I wonder if he will be treated as a hostile witness so both AC and defense can wring the truth out of him

I pray that it will be so. Otherwise a cold bloodied killer laughs and dances his way out of the courthouse to go terrorize his ex wife and get his son back. Our worst nightmare @Betty P @rsd1200 @Dudly @Puzzles8 and others who believe wholeheartedly in his guilt.

JMO
I think we are getting to his part here in the next week. These witnesses are now laying the foundation of the relationship between Jake and Hannah. This is key to establish the primary motive for this in the first place. I think there are undertones of jealousy and rivalry between Billy and CRsr also and probably Angela and Dana.. I sense they were jealous of the closeness the family had with each other.

They are just getting to what sparked this first idea of let's kill the Rhodens. Laying this is important so when other witnesses are called they have the background dynamic of these 2 families and how they were interconnected.. by Billy and CRsr and Hannah and Jake.

I think next week is going to be one of the best for testimony (I sure hope we get to see most of it).

I keep coming back to them arresting all 4 Wagners BEFORE anyone confessed. So they had to have evidence on each one that was enough to put them over the edge to arrest all 4 or they would not have arrested all 4. This wasn't a rush to arrest, they waited. They gathered evidence. I have to trust that what they eventually gathered put them over the edge to show all 4 were involved.

No that is not what I am saying. I am saying that I am not going to take what Jake says as the gospel truth. Whether he says George was there or not, I don't believe him either way. I want to see hard evidence against George that the jury will buy, not what the rest of that off the rails family did.

You know me @Dudly. I have argued with just about everyone here almost from day one that the W's were guilty. All 4 of them. For over 6 years now. You know that. I got time outs for it. I made posts laying out theories on how they did it that were almost a book.

All I am saying is I am not seeing the evidence on George and am afraid someone that I believe is a killer is going to skate free because the prosecutor drops the ball and doesn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt he was even at the crime scenes.

The evidence and the trial so far has been a major disappointment for me. Sour grapes I guess because I think that what I have swore by for 6 long years is not going to fly with a jury and George is going to smile all the way out of the courthouse.

JMO
In all due respect to your thoughts today, what convinced you before this trial that you aren't seeing or that the prosecutor has not included??? When all is said and done, GW4 is not going to be a free man. Maybe the jury won't convict him of murder but there is already evidence to be presented that will convict him of preparing, assisting and covering it up.

If George was innocent, he would be screaming and throwing a huge fit and testifying against his family that they did it not him. He's not going to sit there and let his family say he did it. He would have taken a deal right away. He acts guilty.

If I were innocent I would have told Canepa and Junk right away and offered to turn State's evidence.
100% This is just as incriminating at other evidence. NO WAY he didn't know. I will never believe it, even if it's shown he didn't go that night, wasn't at any of the crime scenes, didn't help before or after.. there is no way I will believe he just had no clue, not one idea that any of this was going to happen.

The problem with that is the BCI agent pointed out on the map there are various ways to get from Union Hill Road to Left Fork. In other words the 772 road was not the only way to get there. As he pointed out there were alternate roads.

One thing we need to keep in mind is this was the first day of turkey season there so there was another reason someone could be out on the back roads early in the morning. It would suck if they discovered those vehicles were hunters heading somewhere before daylight to set up to hunt turkey. Just another monkey wrench in this very complicated case.

JMO
If so you would think you would see multiple vehicles on the road during that time of night or early morning..which goes to show the stupidity of the W men being out on the road on opening day of turkey season.

I found CH’s testimony powerful. I could feel life in his words, and the description of HR’s spirit as he remembered it. From not wearing shoes as she caught a big catfish, her calming spirit, to how wonderful a mother she was and was going to be..
Well done CH….
Agreed. Powerful testimony. I cried along with CH. I'd be surprised if others in the room weren't doing the same. He bought HR to life for us... someone that we've known in our own life, someone we've loved and could relate to.

Well, Corey Holdren made me cry (the 1st time during this trial). His testimony was so heartbreaking. IMO-AC wanted to show the jury want true love is all about. It sure is not about being controlled by one man and his entire family too or at least going along with it. Again that part it just IMO.
After all these years I'm still learning how to use the double quotes. Forgot to click on second reply (supposedly) button. Prosecution is doing an excellent job here. Well done by CH.

JMO

There are 22 charges!!!!!!

George will be found guilty of at least several of them I believe. He will then be a felon and couldn't get his son back no matter what lawyer FW hired for him. Plus his son would be grown up before he got out of prison.

Just not possible for George to be acquitted of 22 charges. He could get 30 years just for the 14 charges that are not murder. Jake is getting way more than 30 years for the charges besides murder.

You don't waltz away from 22 felony charges when your own co-defendants turn on you. There are dozens of information of George being at the crime scenes and his own mother said he voted for the murders and she vividly remembers asking him if he was sure he wanted to do it. Plus she admitted buying murder shoes for him and BCI saw who was in the truck when Angie bought the shoes and I think it was George and Jake and the kids.

Wait until we here about the 8,000 BCI intercepted calls, texts, and conversations of interest.

George won't laugh and dance out of the courthouse. He will angrily be wicked away to an Ohio intake facility.

2 Cents.

This is tragic, HR was going to stay at Corey's that night but was too tired to go over there. He was fixing his sisters water pipes.
And if she had stayed with CH what would the Ws do then??? what if CRjr stayed the night at a friends?? what if KR had been with a lady friend?? they had to have known HR was home as were all of the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member