Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
They believe the mccanns are innocent based on the available evidence. Therefore that makes abduction by far the most likely reason for the disappearance.. Not only that it now seems the Germans have concrete evidence to support abduction

^ No.

The BKA, courtesy of HCW, has never claimed that CB abducted MM.

All they've ever claimed is that CB murdered MM.

^ No.

The BKA, courtesy of HCW, has never claimed that CB abducted MM.

All they've ever claimed is that CB murdered MM.
Read my post again.. I said evidence of abduction.. Not evidence CB abducted her. The evidence is re murder.. If she was murdered its most likely she was abducted

That remains to be seen. Will they follow through with charges or not ?
Wolters has made a very serious allegation... Would he do that if he didn't have this evidence.. I find that unlikely... I think its likely charges will follow... Why rush... Perhaps Wolters thinks he might find the body

Read my post again.. I said evidence of abduction.. Not evidence CB abducted her. The evidence is re murder.. If she was murdered its most likely she was abducted
For example, if Brueckner murdered Madeleine in the apartment then, technically, the crimes would be 'murder and removal of a body'.

Whatever happened, the whole thing is profoundly disturbing and heartbreaking.

(snipped)

No one can 'disprove' the alerts

Yes, they can.

They just have to quote Mark Harrison, who dismissed the alerts.

To go further, you could look to Eddie ignoring cuddlecat when it was in front of his nose; yet alerting to it, after the toy had been hidden in a cupboard.

OK but was Harrison called as a witness?

You keep glossing over practicalities of evidence. If you want to use Harrison in this way he would have to provide this testimony for the plaintiffs

Wolters has made a very serious allegation... Would he do that if he didn't have this evidence.. I find that unlikely... I think its likely charges will follow... Why rush... Perhaps Wolters thinks he might find the body

I am sure he has evidence. PJ also thought they had evidence.

The danger is relying on accusations based on evidence not strong enough to charge. I prefer to see what HCW has before I decide if it is credible.

Surely that is the lesson of this case?

Stuff briefed to the media may not hold up in the cold light of day.

Indeed HCW seems less confident than 2 years ago

They believe the mccanns are innocent based on the available evidence. Therefore that makes abduction by far the most likely reason for the disappearance.. Not only that it now seems the Germans have concrete evidence o support abduction

Not sure why you quoted me here.

I am sure he has evidence. PJ also thought they had evidence.

The danger is relying on accusations based on evidence not strong enough to charge. I prefer to see what HCW has before I decide if it is credible.

Surely that is the lesson of this case?

Stuff briefed to the media may not hold up in the cold light of day.

Indeed HCW seems less confident than 2 years ago
First its possible to know someone is guilty without being able to prove it in court
second I dont see HCW would make such a claim unless he had this evidence.
third.....as I understand HCW wants to build the strongest case..hes in no rush

im not saying anything for certain.....just what seems the most likely

According to Grime it was Harrison who came up with the idea of using the alerts as intellgence in 2005. I read in the Zapata case in 2007 the judge described the alerts as a new type of evidence...which supports this.

So the McCans are being crucified by a new type of unproven evidence...it certainly has no scientific credibility.

In 2007 Grime left the police to set up his cadaver dog business from which its fair to say he hoped to make a handsome profit. His profile to me seems more like a sales pitch in light of this.... its also fair to say he had a conflict of interests in the validity of the alerts.

Harrison initially said the alerts may indicate where a body may have been. After the searches he made a complete u turn and said no inferences could be drawn from the alerts. Was he trying to distance himself from something he wasnt happy with.

Grime has now gone further and has introduced d the alerts as evidence...... i cant help but feel he has unfounded belief in the alerts. His later idea that the alerts could be confirmed by anectdotal evidence is ridiculous..nothing is confirmed by anectdotal evidence.

Grime has now said that the only reliable cadaver dog is one trained solely on human remains...where does that leave the alerts by Eddie in Luz

Last edited:
According to Grime it was Harrison who came up with the idea of using the alerts as intellgence in 2005. I read in the Zapata case in 2007 the judge described the alerts as a new type of evidence...which supports this.

So the McCans are being crucified by a new type of unproven evidence...it certainly has no scientific credibility.

In 2007 Grime left the police to set up his cadaver dog business from which its fair to say he hoped to make a handsome profit. His profile to me seems more like a sales pitch in light of this.... its also fair to say he had a conflict of interests in the validity of the alerts.

Harrison initially said the alerts may indicate where a body may have been. After the searches he made a complete u turn and said no inferences could be drawn from the alerts. Was he trying to distance himself from something he wasnt happy with.

Grime has now gone further and has introduced d the alerts as evidence...... i cant help but feel he has unfounded belief in the alerts. His later idea that the alerts could be confirmed by anectdotal evidence is ridiculous..nothing is confirmed by anectdotal evidence.

Grime has now said that the only reliable cadaver dog is one trained solely on human remains...where does that leave the alerts by Eddie in Luz
Something else that's interesting is that Grime, in his profile, says he was in post at the operational support services, but he doesn't say 'operational support services' where.

It so happens that South Yorkshire Police does have, and, probably, in 2007, did have an operational support services.

Grime says, simply, about Eddie's 'enhanced' training that happened in America. But he doesn't say where in America.

I bet Grime cursed Harrison for saying, in his report, that it took place at the US Tennesee body farm.

But Harrison, while clear on what the service would cost, 1000 euros a day, with all other of Grime's expenses on top, says literally, nothing about where this mythical and non-existent "enhanced" victim recovery dog service would come from. He doesn't even say England.

Most odd.

Where did the 1000 eruos a day go?

Presumably into Grime's pocket.

Another here today.

I posted my link, mainly as it was about a child and a paedo, very sad circumstances, but note about the convicted Man, and what he got up to, and he is in the news again now,
not to dis your post, what I was trying to show is similarity to the likes of cb

First its possible to know someone is guilty without being able to prove it in court
second I dont see HCW would make such a claim unless he had this evidence.
third.....as I understand HCW wants to build the strongest case..hes in no rush

im not saying anything for certain.....just what seems the most likely

I agree with your first sentence - that is why I quoted again the No Stone Unturned book some weeks ago.

In the case I detailed, police "knew" because the killer confessed to a source, but they could not get a statement on a wire. So then they spent years trying to find the body.

This is why I argue that HCW's 'evidence' may be little more than the confession. Going public, based on that evidence, may have been with the hope to find the body.

The dogs doesn't seem to have been a reliable source in other cases as well. They alertet, but the findings had no relevance to any forensic evidence at last.

According to an official report Eddie alerted and as far as Grime was concerned a piece of child's skull was found. This was moved to another location... And Eddie alerted to it again.

What does that say about Grime and his alerts

According to an official report Eddie alerted and as far as Grime was concerned a piece of child's skull was found. This was moved to another location... And Eddie alerted to it again.

What does that say about Grime and his alerts
The "piece of skull" turned out to be a piece of a coconut shell.

Probably the dogs seem to have a mostly wider definition of "cadaver"?

The "piece of skull" turned out to be a piece of a coconut shell.

Probably the dogs seem to have a mostly wider definition of "cadaver"?
So Eddie alerted to a coconut when grime thought it was human remains.... Clear prompting from Grime

So Eddie alerted to a coconut when grime thought it was human remains.... Clear prompting from Grime
The most important question is, how corrupted the results of the investigations including Eddie and Keela could be and to what conclusions they might have lead. It depends on the eye of the beholder IMO.

Some people made the conclusion to keep a few people as arguidos after that. Some people wrote books about possible accidents in apartment 5A and got lost in theories, based on "forensically trained" dogs, that later alerted on coconut shells.

There are a lot of possibilites, how to deal with that kind of result in these "investigations", based on randomly alerting cadaver dogs. It's just a small distance, between heaven and hell.... ;)

Last edited:
The dogs doesn't seem to have been a reliable source in other cases as well. They alertet, but the findings had no relevance to any forensic evidence at last.

Grime fleeced the Jersey tax-payer of the thick end of £100K for the time he spent in Jersey, putting himself up in 5-spa accommodation during the whole of his stay, (with the costs paid by the Jersey tax-pay, on top of his near £100,000 fee).

Nice work if you can get it.

While some terrible things do seem to have happened at Haut de la Garenne, there is no evidence anyone was murdered.

But Eddie alerted, all over the place, and wherever the dog barked, holes were dug looking for evidence of death. None was found.

Eddie did, though, alert to an exhibit misidentified by an anthropologist as a human skull, but confirmed in a forensic laboratory as a piece of coconut.

You really couldn't make it up.
Still, from Haut de la Garenne and Praia da Luz combined, Grime will have made about £150,000.

Nice work if you can get it.

ETA: Just read back on earlier posts.

I see you are ahead of me.

Last edited:
Yes - yet amazingly no other media source every confirmed it, despite him having quotes from HCW

That was months ago!

June. And here we are now in October, none the wiser.

I wonder why HCW continues to make both claims he can't back up with substance and promises he can't keep?

Why promise a press release re these other alleged charges against CB within a specific time-frame and then not deliver? No one is pressing him for updates. And even if they were, he's not obliged to indulge them. Why is he putting himself under such unnecessary pressure?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member