Roseanne Cash to undergo brain surgery

hipmamajen

I love the friends I have gathered together on thi
Reaction score
It sounds like she's OK. I always thought she was kind of neat, I hope this all goes well for her. And, I realize I misspelled her name in the subject, I'm a dork.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071106/ap_en_ot/people_rosanne_cash

NEW YORK - Rosanne Cash is facing brain surgery for a "rare but benign condition" and must cancel the last four concerts on her tour.

"Rosanne is expected to make a full recovery and will return to the studio to complete the recording of her debut for Manhattan Records," the music label said Tuesday. "Ms. Cash will also resume her live performance schedule in the spring and will complete a new book to be published by Viking in early 2009."

Cash, who lives in New York City, will "undergo brain surgery at New York Presbyterian Hospital for a rare but benign condition," the statement said. A spokeswoman for the record company didn't immediately return a message seeking further details.

I hadn't heard about this, thanks for posting it, Hipmama.

My favorite song that she does is a cover of her Dad's Tennessee Flat-top Box. I just love the way she does it, and even prefer it over Johnny's version! :)

I hadn't heard about this, thanks for posting it, Hipmama.

My favorite song that she does is a cover of her Dad's Tennessee Flat-top Box. I just love the way she does it, and even prefer it over Johnny's version! :)

Mist, are you sure we're not related? :)

P.S. Have you heard Johnny Cash's "Forty Shades of Green?" I'm expecting anyone whose nickname is IrishMist probably has. :)

Seven Year Ache is a great song, too. Hope she recovers quickly!!

Mist, are you sure we're not related? :)

P.S. Have you heard Johnny Cash's "Forty Shades of Green?" I'm expecting anyone whose nickname is IrishMist probably has. :)

I have, and I like it. I've got a lot of Johnny Cash albums :) I really like his voice.

Many prayers for her. The very 1st time I heard "TN Flat Top Box" I fell in absolute love with it, and pitched a fit till my parents bought me the record.

Many prayers for her. The very 1st time I heard "TN Flat Top Box" I fell in absolute love with it, and pitched a fit till my parents bought me the record.

His version or hers? They're both good, I just like hers a lot better.

His version or hers? They're both good, I just like hers a lot better.
ummmmm hers...I have to admit here, although I have heard MANY songs by Johnny, I have NEVER heard "TN Flat Top Box" by him...until this thread I never even knew he had sang it. :blushing:
I love her cover, and also "seven yr ache."

I had surgery for the same thing at 38 years of age. I hope and pray that Rosanne Cash can bring awareness to the world about Chiari Malformations. I pray for her speedy recovery. There is a little girl who suffers from a Chiari Malformation, that is much worse, as it was discovered in her childhood. I am in awe of this child who has this website (I read about her in People Magazine).

http://www.baylieforbrains.com/ (I don't know if I can put this link here, I learned about Baylie while reading a "People Mag", but I keep going back to read about her life... I had a lot of time to be "okay" with the Chiari type one malformation, and Baylie hasn't been so lucky, one surgery is a breeze, but this little trooper has had 7 surgeries!)

While reading the article about Rosanne Cash, I think they said the surgery is an elective one, in my situation, it was the only way I would or could see the age of 39. Today, I am older than 39 and am able to see my kids grow, no longer have blinding headaches, can speak without a stutter (most of the time). I am so thankful that this condition was found in time for me to have a LIFE without immense pain and allowed me to take care of my kids!

From someone who's been there, I pray that Roseanne has a speedy recovery and is able to use this adversity for the good of others!

Wow, Boyz Mum, how scary! :eek:

Glad it turned out well for you :)

Wow, Boyz Mum, how scary! :eek:

Glad it turned out well for you :)

Thank you, Irish Mist, it was most scary when the nuerosurgeon told me I would die if I didn't have the surgery immediately. Perhaps, Rosanne Cash's condition was caught before that. Either way, we all face adversity in so many areas of our lives, and I am so thankful to be here today, I hope Rosanne is as thankful as I, and can somehow bless the less fortunate than I. (For myself, the condition went undiagnosed for years, until it became the "elephant in the room" that we couldn't ignore). For Rosanne, I wouldn't wish the physical pain on anyone, but if someone who's anyone can shed some light on the people who suffer worse than either of us, it's worth any of the typing I can do. My arms work better today than before the surgery, so the least that I can do is "spread the word"!

Baylie (in the above link) has been such an inspiration for me, I can't even explain it.

Best wishes to Rosanne, many prayers also!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back