Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

How would the black wavy hair have gotten into the stomach? Please pardon my ignorance...this was the first autopsy report I’ve ever read.

RIP dear Eliza, from a former Memphis girl
The hair may be human, and the awful way it might have arrived there is unimaginable.

However, as far as I can tell, the report doesn’t state that the hair is human. It could be animal hair, for all we know. Eliza does have a black dog, at 1:33 in this video. Pet hair can manage to get everywhere. She may have ingested food that had a small hair on it. It could be as simple as that.

jmo

How would the black wavy hair have gotten into the stomach? Please pardon my ignorance...this was the first autopsy report I’ve ever read.

RIP dear Eliza, from a former Memphis girl
I think it depends on what part of the body the hair came from, if it is human hair. The autopsy report doesn't tell us much in that regard so we'll have to wait until the test results are released.

The visual description of Le Fort II linked here was useful to me.

I speculate that CAH hit her in the face/nose during the initial abduction or during those few minutes in the car, and then drugged her before driving off. This would account for the blood in the car. I’d venture that the combination of the blow / drugging rendered her incapacitated prior to a (presumed) SA and then her death.

I am choosing to believe that she had a few moments of terror, and then was not conscious for the majority of the crime. Its the least-awful conclusion I can come up with that still fits the evidence.
I agree. But...suddenly in my head I have this question.
IF he incapacitated her, why not retrieve your lost sandals before leaving the initial scene.
Unless he figured they would never be traced back to him because of the possibly countless other crimes he committed since being released...

My opinion only.

I agree. But...suddenly in my head I have this question.
IF he incapacitated her, why not retrieve your lost sandals before leaving the initial scene.
Unless he figured they would never be traced back to him because of the possibly countless other crimes he committed since being released...

My opinion only.
I don't think the perp was even aware they were missing from his feet. I think he could have walked through shards of glass and not felt a thing. I think he was flying out of his mind. This dude's actions were inhuman. Stick a needle in his arm yesterday. MOO

Snipped

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Problems with rape kit evidence testing keep haunting Memphis.

A city long plagued by a heavy backlog of untested sexual assault kits was shaken by Cleotha Henderson’s arrest in the killing of Eliza Fletcher after she was abducted during a morning jog last month.

So when authorities said his DNA was linked to a rape that occurred nearly a year earlier — charging him separately days after he was arrested in Fletcher’s killing — an outraged city turned to the obvious question: Why was he still on the streets?

The case of Henderson, who already has served 20 years in prison for a kidnapping he committed at 16, has reignited criticism of Tennessee’s sexual assault testing process. That has included calls for shorter delays from the testing agency, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, and questions about why Memphis didn’t seek to fast-track a kit that could have been tested in days.

Instead, it took nearly a year, unearthing key evidence too late to charge Henderson before Fletcher’s killing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Much, much more at link. CH has pleaded not guilty to the rape charge from Sept. 2021.

She was shot in the back of the head and probably at close range. Unfortunately that also has a lot of exit velocity. Perhaps that affected the facial cavity.
The autopsy report describes the gunshot entrance as only 2X1 centimeters and the exit hole as only 1.5 X 1.5 centimeters, "with no skin or soft tissue associated with the entrance or exit defects".

In my opinion, the measurements given show the location of the exit defect is in the (high) forehead and is not a factor in the absence of the ear, eyes, nose, and tongue.
Insect activity and decomposition are also given as the reason for the brain, brainstem, and cerebellum being absent. My reason for addressing the original post, which inquired why the tongue would be absent, was to point out that there is nothing suspicious, amiss or unusual about the absence of teeth, tissue, organs, body parts, etc when a decomposing body is found. Unless, of course, the autopsy finds otherwise.

The autopsy report describes the gunshot entrance as only 2X1 centimeters and the exit hole as only 1.5 X 1.5 centimeters, "with no skin or soft tissue associated with the entrance or exit defects".

In my opinion, the measurements given show the location of the exit defect is in the (high) forehead and is not a factor in the absence of the ear, eyes, nose, and tongue.
Insect activity and decomposition are also given as the reason for the brain, brainstem, and cerebellum being absent. My reason for addressing the original post, which inquired why the tongue would be absent, was to point out that there is nothing suspicious, amiss or unusual about the absence of teeth, tissue, organs, body parts, etc when a decomposing body is found. Unless, of course, the autopsy finds otherwise.

Thanks for explaining this.

Yes.
But I meant that her leg was also shattered.
So maybe he threw her to the ground with great force.
I didn't see anything on the autopsy report that states that her leg was shattered. Are you able to highlight that part for me please?

ETA from the report -
Radiology: Full body radiographs are obtained and show multiple skull fractures, facial fractures and decompositional changes. The detached scalp hairwas also radiographed. No retained projectile is identified.

Last edited:
Yes.
But I meant that her leg was also shattered.
So maybe he threw her to the ground with great force.
Oh, I read the abrasions and contusions part. I didn't see that he shattered her leg, too. He could have used the gun there also. Being pistol whipped can cause serious devastation. Or, as you said, you could have used the ground, the vehicle, or any other hard surface. MOO

I didn't see anything on the autopsy report that states that her leg was shattered. Are you able to highlight that part for me please?

ETA from the report -
Radiology: Full body radiographs are obtained and show multiple skull fractures, facial fractures and decompositional changes. The detached scalp hairwas also radiographed. No retained projectile is identified.
Blunt force injuries to her right leg (but not fractures)

It's all so demented.

What she endured, she likely endured with a broken jaw. Devastating injury.

It's unfathomable how she survived as long as she did.

Momma who wanted to see her babies again.

My heart is so hurt.

It's like the bowels of hell opened up. That CCTV had to be knee-buckling. And to think, that was just the beginning.

She was running and then she wasn't. Evil rose up out of nowhere. Sinkhole of inhumanity.

Remember when we were trying to get our heads around the eternity of four minutes? She was held captive by hell's worst... for nearly two hours. 100+ minutes... unbridled torture. Sickening. The pain, the terror, the realization.

It only makes ME feel better to imagine her going inside her head, shutting him out. Somehow numb to pain, numb to her surroundings.

This little light of mine... the message from her service -- there is no darkness so great that a small light can't poke through it.

I want to think about her running free... in the light.

And I don't want to think of him at all.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back