Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

And did you see anything of interest?

It's vid of a car (eta: the headlights, it's too dark and far away to see the actual car), driving towards Prosser Creek Reservoir. The vehicle stops for a few minutes at one point, and the car lights dim... If you'd rather not search for it on the camera site, google it and you'll find clips of it.

Last edited:
It's vid of a car (eta: the headlights, it's too dark and far away to see the actual car), driving towards Prosser Creek Reservoir. The vehicle stops for a few minutes at one point, and the car lights dim... If you'd rather not search for it on the camera site, google it and you'll find clips of it.
The high resolution is not publicly available. One point is there is a recording of a car driving out to the end of land around midnight. Second point is why did LE not acknowledge that?

The high resolution is not publicly available. One point is there is a recording of a car driving out to the end of land around midnight. Second point is why did LE not acknowledge that?

Ok, I didn't realize they had better quality, thanks for clarifying! Yes, and how about the other car lights and so on... LE is very quiet on a lot of things. Let's hope we get a decent report on Nov 1!

Ok, I didn't realize they had better quality, thanks for clarifying! Yes, and how about the other car lights and so on... LE is very quiet on a lot of things. Let's hope we get a decent report on Nov 1!
It’s very high resolution available to those who monitor. And originally brainstormed by a group of children, the Forest Guards! There is a beautiful video about the network’s beginning and development in this link:

Gray Hughes currently has a yt live analyzing the fire cam footage:

Discuss the Kiely Rodni Footage of Car Going into Water
That's pretty darn convincing evidence that Kiely left the party, probably drunk and/or high and just missed a turn, ending up in Prosser. Watching the car lights grow dim then disappear is compelling. OMG, if that was Kiely and her car then it's incredibly eerie to actually see the accident.

I wonder if LE has the video.

That's pretty darn convincing evidence that Kiely left the party, probably drunk and/or high and just missed a turn, ending up in Prosser. Watching the car lights grow dim then disappear is compelling. OMG, if that was Kiely and her car then it's incredibly eerie to actually see the accident.

WAIT, THERE IS VIDEO OF KIELY DRIVING INTO PROSSER?!?!

So it looks like she was going the same direction as other cars, but made a left turn that no one else did.

It appears she then drives directly down into the water and sinks. No going to the beach deliberately half an hour earlier, no accidentally putting it into reverse or neutral, nobody pushing it in.

Shocking to find after all this time and wild conspiracy theories, it appears there is a video of her simply making a wrong turn and driving straight into the water.

(ETA: Gray Hughes video at 11:45 mark shows car going in. From 8:00 or so he shows how the locations on google earth line up, leading up to car accident)

Last edited:
And did you see anything of interest?
Yes, the key part to watch starts ~12:29 (00:29). The camera is at least 2 miles away, so it's just lights at night. This is what I think I saw:

1. Mass exodus of cars from Prosser starts ~12:29, and over the next several minutes a lot of cars are driving on Highway 89. It doesn't seem like nearly enough for 200-300+ people IMO. Why did just about everybody leave suddenly in such a short time span? Seems pretty early for the party of the century to call it quits, given that this was the "senior farewell" party and older, scary people drove from hours away to attend it, and most people seemed to arrive rather late in the evening (9-10:30).

2. Car slowly drives parallel to beach/water ~12:32-12:33, it turns right (one can see the reflection of headlights across that part of lake) to face water, lights dim and then disappear completely ~12:34-12:35. The car is going very slowly and/or stopped while in the area near where KR's car was eventually discovered. The apparent lack of speed and even stopping would seem to give someone plenty of time to see and react to upcoming water, especially as the car's headlights can be seen hitting the land across the water at times. The last ping of KR's phone was at 12:33 and there was a car roughly in the same location as that ping at roughly the same time whose headlights dimmed and then disappeared.

why did LE not acknowledge that?
I agree with your questions. After pondering this for about 16 hours, I have two truly puzzling questions:

Why didn't LE find KR's car in Prosser Lake early on given their fire partners had access to the Alder Hill Fire Camera? Or did LE's review of high resolution video eliminate this as material evidence?

Per PCSO FB posts, the Placer County OES (1) was involved as of 8/8 and Placer County Fire as of 8/12 through 8/20. So I would think that between those two agencies, the search would have known about this fire camera archive. Right?

1665089362280.png 1665089058082.png
(1) About OES | Placer County, CA

All IMO.
ET: correct spelling of Alder Hill

Last edited:
WAIT, THERE IS VIDEO OF KIELY DRIVING INTO PROSSER?!?!

So it looks like she was going the same direction as other cars, but made a left turn that no one else did.

It appears she then drives directly down into the water and sinks. No going to the beach deliberately half an hour earlier, no accidentally putting it into reverse or neutral, nobody pushing it in.

Shocking to find after all this time and wild conspiracy theories, it appears there is a video of her simply making a wrong turn and driving straight into the water.
I think there were unusual circumstances that sparked the theories of foul play, like the size of the party. Also, Kiely's mother immediately said to msm that she believed Kiely was abducted - IMO a reasonable reaction since she wasn't known to run away but unfortunately it set off speculation in social media. And then we had her friends and even their mothers speaking to msm.

IOW, IMO this should have been a case of a teen drinking at a party late at night and then accidentally driving into a lake but it was taken out of proportion and instead of being a tale of caution about alcohol it got out of control and became something ugly.

IMO it's a shame and hopefully Kiely's case won't become a template for how YT, msm and social media treat future cases but I'm afraid conspiracy theories and clickbait are the money makers. IMO all we can do is monitor our own opinions and hopefully use common sense.

Gray Hughes currently has a yt live analyzing the fire cam footage:

Discuss the Kiely Rodni Footage of Car Going into Water
That's pretty darn amazing video. And the fact that camera moves around, yet it was pointed in that exact direction at that exact moment.... just wow. I can't imagine that someone hasn't already sent to LE. If LE was smart they'd have checked those cams long ago. Perhaps they did. :)

So maybe now the internet trolls can leave JW alone. Poor guy.

And it sure answers a lot of questions.

Last edited:
Yes, the key part to watch starts ~12:29 (00:29). The camera is at least 2 miles away, so it's just lights at night. This is what I think I saw:
1. Mass exodus of cars from Prosser starts ~12:29, and 2. Car slowly drives parallel to beach/water ~12:32-12:33, it turns right (one can see the reflection of headlights across that part of lake) to face water, lights dim and then disappear completely ~12:34-12:35.
rsbm

Thanks for your analysis, @JosephK. I would agree. I also caution us from jumping to the conclusion that this is KR driving her car into Lake Prosser. LE hopefully has the high resolution version of this archive that we do not, per @Curiosa20's comments above. What we do not know and cannot know even now, is whether KR was alone, driving or even alive.

I am not trying to sensationalize this. I am just encouraging us to stick to the facts - we have video of what appears to be KR's car going into Lake Prosser around 12:30am on 8/6. LE's / CHP's investigation will be determining if there was any foul play.

ET: clarify 2nd paragraph

Last edited:
That is amazing and yet heartbreaking footage, especially to see how there were other vehicles so close (relatively speaking) and yet no one knew she was in trouble. With it all happening so quickly at exactly 12:33, just as the party is dissolving, and no other lights on the beach, it makes it very easy to fill in the gaps, IMO. Occam's razor and all.

I hope that it brings KR's family some sense of closure.

MOO.

That is amazing and yet heartbreaking footage, especially to see how there were other vehicles so close (relatively speaking) and yet no one knew she was in trouble. With it all happening so quickly at exactly 12:33, just as the party is dissolving, and no other lights on the beach, it makes it very easy to fill in the gaps, IMO. Occam's razor and all.

I hope that it brings KR's family some sense of closure.

MOO.
yes, So heartbreaking
If only there was a car directly ahead of her,
maybe she could have re-think her position and direction ?

@indicolite22 that was very informative

So sad.

just want to point out that the car stops for seconds, not minutes. Her car sank in less time than any of the videos we watched about sinking cars on here. So terrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back