OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like two Walmart receipts were mismarked, as in not correctly distinguished from each other. One was in middle of March 2016 (at a Walmart I didn't catch where) and the other at a Waverly Walmart first week of April 2016. Sure hope that doesn't muck up using those receipts as evidence. Nash looked extremely perplexed by that testimony and went to his computer.

Oh, man, was it ever. Most exciting, though, was the day Jake confessed. It took a while to sink in.

OT - why were they spending $900 for passports? That just seems a little high. In the old days, kids could be on a parent's passport.
The fact they were even acquiring passports at that time was telling in itself.

Okay so google is my friend. lol

Passports are roughly $200 for adults and $150 for children under 16. So 4 adults and 2 children (let's just say at that time it was Angela, Billy, Jake, George, Sophia, and Bulvine) That would be $1100 and even with rush fees or something like that, I don't see how it costs over$3,000 for passports. I heard $900, $900, $750, and one other amount I didn't catch. Were they buying fake ones?

Okay - lots of pictures so I have to break up the tweets. And I switched to James - he seems to keep up. :)

James Pilcher
@jamespilcher
·
3h
Here is my recap from yesterday's testimony - getting ready to start Day 19 of the Pike County massacre murder trial of George Wagner IV - starting a threa

First up is BCI agent Todd Fortner. He previously testified about processing one of the crime scenes - he will testify about processing more of the Wagners' property under search warrants. More evidence all day today.

He oversaw search of another Wagner property where the family stored trucks and trailers.

The property was divided into scene 1-5.

Here’s what it looked like

Property.jpg

BCI had to cut the padlocks off

Padlock1.jpg Padlock2.jpg

Found a Gilley camouflage and a jacketed bullet

Camufluge.jpg Bullet.jpg

Also found cheats that included a laptop

Laptop.jpg

Sent that laptop back to the cybercrimes lab for analysis

Plastic tote held several trail cams @Local12
and portfolio with George Wagners name on it

Tote.jpg Cam.jpg Portfiolo.jpg

Now on to the truck and trailer. Search warrants were issued by Adams County court.

Totes in back of truck stuffed with documents- this search overall results in finding the Walmart receipt for the shoes

Totes also included newspapers from day after Rhoden murders

Tote2.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

continued...

The fact they were even acquiring passports at that time was telling in itself.
Well they had to travel through Canada to get to Alaska. I've only been to Canada once, long ago, to Niagara Falls and we just had to show our, then filled out by pen, driver's licences to get in and out, back in the early 70's. I'm sure crossing the border changed drastically since 911. Does Canada require passports now?

Last edited:
Well they had to travel through Canada to get to Alaska. I've only been to Canada once, long ago, to Niagara Falls and we just had to show our, then filled out by pen, driver's licences to get in and out, back in the early 70's. I'm sure crossing the border changed drastically since 911. Die Canada require passports now?
Good point.

James Pilcher
@jamespilcher
·
3h
Another box in truck had lots of documents @Local12
they don’t say what it is

Box.jpg

Found a black ski mask on the floor board of truck

Mask1.jpg Mask2.jpg Mask3.jpg

Other documents include legal letter to Jake Wagner

Also included Walmart receipt for electronic camera kit for $299

Another trailer full of stuff covered with a tarp @Local12
took several agents hours to go through

Stuff.jpg

Found a drawer tote with electronics including old cameras, TomTom, samsung cell phone

Also trail cameras

Trail cams.jpg

Also found a Glock gun case

Gun case.jpg

But the box clearly says Glock 4 generation - the previous testimony says the shots fired at scene were .40 caliber Glock 2nd generation

Next is brass catcher found in trailer and lock pick set

Brass.jpg

Better pics of lock picks @Local12
also found Glock magazine loaded and replacement grips

lock picks.jpg

Also found more broken cell phones and different shoes and boots - not the Walmart ones

Found drum magazine and rifle bullet

drum.jpg

continued....

Okay - lots of pictures so I have to break up the tweets. And I switched to James - he seems to keep up. :)

James Pilcher
@jamespilcher
·
3h
Here is my recap from yesterday's testimony - getting ready to start Day 19 of the Pike County massacre murder trial of George Wagner IV - starting a threa

First up is BCI agent Todd Fortner. He previously testified about processing one of the crime scenes - he will testify about processing more of the Wagners' property under search warrants. More evidence all day today.

He oversaw search of another Wagner property where the family stored trucks and trailers.

The property was divided into scene 1-5.

Here’s what it looked like

View attachment 371564

BCI had to cut the padlocks off

View attachment 371565 View attachment 371566

Found a Gilley camouflage and a jacketed bullet

View attachment 371567 View attachment 371568

Also found cheats that included a laptop

View attachment 371569

Sent that laptop back to the cybercrimes lab for analysis

Plastic tote held several trail cams @Local12
and portfolio with George Wagners name on it

View attachment 371570 View attachment 371571 View attachment 371572

Now on to the truck and trailer. Search warrants were issued by Adams County court.

Totes in back of truck stuffed with documents- this search overall results in finding the Walmart receipt for the shoes

Totes also included newspapers from day after Rhoden murders

View attachment 371573

continued...
They kept the newspapers from the day after the murders! Like people did when Kennedy was assassinated or man walked on the Moon!? I'm sorry if my best friend was murdered, I wouldn't have saved the newspapers.

James Pilcher
@jamespilcher
·
1h
Found a bug detector

bug.jpg

Back after 15 minute break. Found paperwork showing George Wagner IV bought a Beretta handgun just a week after the Rhoden murders

They also introduced a Walmart receipt dated 4/7/16 - just two weeks before murders. From Waverly Walmart. But didn't say what it was.

Found another ski mask in another truck

mask4.jpg

This search was going on the same day BCI agents were searching the Wagners' home at Peterson Road. Both properties are in Adams County.

Wilson asks if the records they found were separated by family member, or mixed together. Fortner says all mixed together. Wilson done with direct examination

Parker on cross: Can you tell who packed the truck? Did you test for DNA? Fortner says no - would not have been probative. Now asking about ski mask found in gooseneck trailer

Wagner says Jake Wagner will testify that he burned his clothes from the murder. Fortner says he did not interview Wagner. But knew some items were burned

Everything could be seen and not hidden. Property belonged to Unlimited Motors. Large cattle trailer/horse trailer that was empty

That finished cross. Redirect: Wilson asks Fortner if that kind of mask used in crimes? Yes. Also could keep DNA from shedding on scene. Fortner says agents were there more than 7 hours.

Parker asks whether wearing a mask would mean someone would not need to dye hair. Yes that would be the case. Now on lunch break until 12:30

They actually introduced three ski masks. One in each truck and another in a trailer.

Next witness after lunch will be the return of BCI special agent Ryan Scheiderer - who will talk about the evidence gathered so far.

Also expected is the return of the records analyst Julia Eveslage - who will probably testify about what they found on the recovered laptops and phones.

Well they had to travel through Canada to get to Alaska. I've only been to Canada once, long ago, to Niagara Falls and we just had to show our, then filled out by pen, driver's licences to get in and out, back in the early 70's. I'm sure crossing the border changed drastically since 911. Die Canada require passports now?
Yes, they do and did in 2016, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member