Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

rsbm

Thanks for your analysis, @JosephK. I would agree. I also caution us from jumping to the conclusion that this is KR driving her car into Lake Prosser. LE hopefully has the high resolution version of this archive that we do not, per @Curiosa20's comments above. What we do not know and cannot know even now, is whether KR was alone, driving or even alive.

I am not trying to sensationalize this. I am just encouraging us to stick to the facts - we have video of what appears to be KR's car going into Lake Prosser around 12:30am on 8/6. LE's / CHP's investigation will be determining if there was any foul play.

ET: clarify 2nd paragraph
I agree. There are still a lot of questions to be answered and LE has no one to blame for social medias interest in this case, but themselves. How completely different this may have turned out if They had found the car exactly where the last ping sounded. I mean 19, 000 hours of searching. They apparently searched Prosser and God know where else that money was spent, and it took an outside organization to find it. They had no control over this case from the beginning.....and by the way, what REALLY was said in the 12:36 phone call with Sami and were they informed of lights in the lake? This is so sad

But it would be unreasonable to think that all of these coincidences should be ignored.

She is found in that spot, in that car, the video is at the right time, in the right place and shows exactly what it should, and her phone data shows her in that spot and her phone disconnecting at the same time the image shows something going into the water.

There is no data that needs a conspiracy or coverup to explain.

This is 100%, without any reasonable doubt, a drunk teenager having a tragic accident.

Anglers boat with lights on it entering the water at 12:33 AM? At the exact spot where Kiely’s car sank at 12:33 AM? Judge for yourself?

I’m confused why so many are trying to make conspiracies out of this video or disprove the video when it exactly matches and corroborates all the evidence we have.

Intoxicated young driver likely driving alone because friends ditched her.

Very dark night after moon had set, possibly hazy or foggy.

Driver in a hurry because late for curfew.

Phone last ping at 12:33 AM

Car found underwater straight down slope from wrong turn with only missing driver inside.

Now there is a VIDEO!!! of headlights (quickly steadily without stopping) driving down the road, like all the other headlights before and after it, but making a wrong turn, unlike all the other headlights before and after it, and driving straight down into the water and disappearing 60 or 80 feet from shore right at 12:33 AM. Right where the car was later found.

What is there possibly to still question and doubt?
Exactly- case closed

But it would be unreasonable to think that all of these coincidences should be ignored.

She is found in that spot, in that car, the video is at the right time, in the right place and shows exactly what it should, and her phone data shows her in that spot and her phone disconnecting at the same time the image shows something going into the water.

There is no data that needs a conspiracy or coverup to explain.

This is 100%, without any reasonable doubt, a drunk teenager having a tragic accident.
IMO, not to be argumentative ,the only"100% without a reasonable doubt is "Kiely Rodni was found in Prosser Lake in the back cargo seat area of her car" .......and Yes it was indeed tragic, and it would seem accurate that there is vid proof of her car going into the lake. I question the 12:36 call to Sami and what exactly was said as Keily would have been underwater by then.

I’m not trying to disprove what is seen in the video; that is Kiely’s car going into Prosser Creek. But the video doesn’t tell us her COD, we don’t know she was intoxicated, we don’t know she was driving, we don’t know for certain she was alone. I don’t think this is a “case closed” until there are more answers.

MOO

Case closed? I don't think so. What if KR's tox comes back clean? Or she has Fentanyl or other illicit drugs in her system? There's still a lot of unanswered questions. KR's father's reaction when AWP found her was not one of someone already seeing that fire cam footage. He was shocked she was right there and LE didn't find her.

Yes, motion pictures are a series of stills images. Video is the medium in which to record. So yes, it's a video.

Edited to add: what if she was chased by another car into the water? She appears to be driving fast alongside another car in the footage. Perhaps that's why she didn't have a seatbelt on and the Truly can was still in her car. She was trying to get away from something. Or maybe there was a cop scare, kids yelling the cops are coming, and she took off fast and accidently turned right into the water. Either way there's people who saw what happened.

Last edited:
IMO, not to be argumentative ,the only"100% without a reasonable doubt is "Kiely Rodni was found in Prosser Lake in the back cargo seat area of her car" .......and Yes it was indeed tragic, and it would seem accurate that there is vid proof of her car going into the lake. I question the 12:36 call to Sami and what exactly was said as Keily would have been underwater by then.
I think the issue here is that some of us have different ideas of what constitutes "reasonable." IMO, it is reasonable to assume that KR was driving her own car, alone, because that's where the evidence points. I have not yet seen or heard of any actual evidence that would indicate otherwise.

The evidence (not rumors, not gossip, not hearsay) that we have seen, which (IMO) points to a tragic accident:
  • FIRE CAM FOOTAGE, which shows a lone vehicle turning off the route that other vehicles were on, driving steadily into the water, and disappearing at precisely the time that KR's phone died

• AWP UNDERWATER FOOTAGE, which shows the condition of the vehicle in the lake and its contents, including an alcoholic beverage can and KR's body

• VEHICLE RECOVERY FOOTAGE from MSM which shows the location of the vehicle, which exactly matches the location from the fire cam footage

The things that various Sleuthers are pointing to for justification of other theories:
  • ROADSIDE NICK's ENCOUNTER THE DAY AFTER THE PARTY. This is merely hearsay, as it has never been verified as being KR or her vehicle. It's reasonable to assume that this was a simple case of mistaken identity.

• SS's 12:36AM PHONE CALL WITH KR. Hearsay, as this call has never been verified or used as a "last contact" point by LE. It's reasonable to assume that SS -- who admits to drinking that night -- could have simply misremembered the exact time while giving that particular interview.

• THE LOCATION OF KR's BODY IN THE BACK OF THE VEHICLE. This has been addressed by experts with reasonable explanations, who have said it is not unusual for bodies to float to the back of a vehicle, due to the hood sinking faster, the disorientation when the vehicle flipped, and/or sinking and subsequent floating that occurs due to gases in decomposing bodies.

• LE's UNSUCCESSFUL INITIAL SEARCH. This has also been addressed, both by LE and AWP, whose reasonable explanation is that AWP has better technological resources and more expertise in this particular field. The lake was hazy, the "ping" area was large, and the vehicle was flipped upside down, which made it more difficult to see.
Did I miss anything?

I think the issue here is that some of us have different ideas of what constitutes "reasonable." IMO, it is reasonable to assume that KR was driving her own car, alone, because that's where the evidence points. I have not yet seen or heard of any actual evidence that would indicate otherwise.

The evidence (not rumors, not gossip, not hearsay) that we have seen, which (IMO) points to a tragic accident:
  • FIRE CAM FOOTAGE, which shows a lone vehicle turning off the route that other vehicles were on, driving steadily into the water, and disappearing at precisely the time that KR's phone died

• AWP UNDERWATER FOOTAGE, which shows the condition of the vehicle in the lake and its contents, including an alcoholic beverage can and KR's body

• VEHICLE RECOVERY FOOTAGE from MSM which shows the location of the vehicle, which exactly matches the location from the fire cam footage

The things that various Sleuthers are pointing to for justification of other theories:
  • ROADSIDE NICK's ENCOUNTER THE DAY AFTER THE PARTY. This is merely hearsay, as it has never been verified as being KR or her vehicle. It's reasonable to assume that this was a simple case of mistaken identity.

• SS's 12:36AM PHONE CALL WITH KR. Hearsay, as this call has never been verified or used as a "last contact" point by LE. It's reasonable to assume that SS -- who admits to drinking that night -- could have simply misremembered the exact time while giving that particular interview.

• THE LOCATION OF KR's BODY IN THE BACK OF THE VEHICLE. This has been addressed by experts with reasonable explanations, who have said it is not unusual for bodies to float to the back of a vehicle, due to the hood sinking faster, the disorientation when the vehicle flipped, and/or sinking and subsequent floating that occurs due to gases in decomposing bodies.

• LE's UNSUCCESSFUL INITIAL SEARCH. This has also been addressed, both by LE and AWP, whose reasonable explanation is that AWP has better technological resources and more expertise in this particular field. The lake was hazy, the "ping" area was large, and the vehicle was flipped upside down, which made it more difficult to see.
Did I miss anything?

God love you for trying.

Anglers boat with lights on it entering the water at 12:33 AM? At the exact spot where Kiely’s car sank at 12:33 AM? Judge for yourself?

I’m confused why so many are trying to make conspiracies out of this video or disprove the video when it exactly matches and corroborates all the evidence we have.

Very dark night after moon had set, possibly hazy or foggy.

Driver in a hurry because late for curfew.

Phone last ping at 12:33 AM

Car found underwater straight down slope from wrong turn with only missing driver inside.

Now there is a VIDEO!!! of headlights (quickly steadily without stopping) driving down the road, like all the other headlights before and after it, but making a wrong turn, unlike all the other headlights before and after it, and driving straight down into the water and disappearing 60 or 80 feet from shore right at 12:33 AM. Right where the car was later found.

What is there possibly to still question and doubt?
agreed!!

Either way there's people who saw what happened.
Not necessarily. Unless there was someone walking or parked (/ without lights) there was no one around at that exact moment she went down, and she went down fast. I doubt there was much visibility and from a distance her headlights going under would likely seem like nothing really. I drive a lot in the dark and outside the beam you can perhaps tell theres a car somewhere but thats about it unless its driving in front of you or toward you.

Untill this point it has been an interesting, yet predictable, case, but now I see people (not pointing any fingers, here the conversation is mild) have gone crazy over this. Zooming in this footage and claiming there are people pushing the car and what not. Claiming those other cars driving by are clearly watching her sink. Or, tbh, that theres another driver or someone rolling the car on neutral to the lake.

Really?
For one the car seems to be moving way too fast to be on neutral and pushed, also way too fast to be on drive on it own. To me it looks like there is definitely some acceleration. If someone says "how about a stone on the pedal" I'll just raise my hands. Possible, I guess.

Secondly, think of someone who just killed a girl, accidentally or otherwise. Get rid of the body? Yes? No? Who knows if youre wasted yourself? If yes, wouldnt it be easiest to hide only the body? Okay but theres evidence in the car so you just have to get rid of it too.

So what you do, you drive to the beach while theres possible witnesses here and there driving around, you have the headlights on so you will surely to be seen, and you are not only risking yourself to be exposed and cops called when someone sees the car sinking, you also risk your own life driving the damn thing in the lake only back windows half open. You stupid, you didnt open front windows for a quick escape, you very probably die too.

Well, that would be not only the stupidest but also the luckiest perp on earth. If this is the case then.. i guess ill just come here with an apology and never ever trust my wit again.

California posters--I have to ask something: how common are these cameras? Is it possible any other recent missing may also be on them, like Jolissa? Not to go offtrack, just really curious since the fire risks out west are so much different than where I am rural New England. My mind is blown this was seemingly missed.

Case closed? I don't think so. What if KR's tox comes back clean? Or she has Fentanyl or other illicit drugs in her system? There's still a lot of unanswered questions. KR's father's reaction when AWP found her was not one of someone already seeing that fire cam footage. He was shocked she was right there and LE didn't find her.

Yes, motion pictures are a series of stills images. Video is the medium in which to record. So yes, it's a video.

Edited to add: what if she was chased by another car into the water? She appears to be driving fast alongside another car in the footage. Perhaps that's why she didn't have a seatbelt on and the Truly can was still in her car. She was trying to get away from something. Or maybe there was a cop scare, kids yelling the cops are coming, and she took off fast and accidently turned right into the water. Either way there's people who saw what happened.

There's another car that quickly enters and then leaves the area in roughly the same timeframe as the car most think was Kiely's was moving, stopping, and then driving toward the water. There are headlights that appear on the opposite (eastern) shore across from where Kiely's car was found that I first thought were from "Kiely's car," but now I believe those were from the speeding car. It enters from the far left (near what I believe is Hwy 89) and goes left to right at a high rate of speed, appears to turn around somewhere in the vicinity of Prosser Family Campground and pauses briefly, then exits from right to left, again at a high rate of speed.

The car speculated to be Kiely's was not going that fast, and more importantly it stops around the point where the short road heads to the water, and then heads down that short road into the water.

There's another car that quickly enters and then leaves the area in roughly the same timeframe as the car most think was Kiely's was moving, stopping, and then driving toward the water. There are headlights that appear on the opposite (eastern) shore across from where Kiely's car was found that I first thought were from "Kiely's car," but now I believe those were from the speeding car. It enters from the far left (near what I believe is Hwy 89) and goes left to right at a high rate of speed, appears to turn around somewhere in the vicinity of Prosser Family Campground and pauses briefly, then exits from right to left, again at a high rate of speed.

The car speculated to be Kiely's was not going that fast, and more importantly it stops around the point where the short road heads to the water, and then heads down that short road into the water.
It wouldn't surprise me if there was a lot of horseplay and general drunken poor decision making going on that night, either related to Kiely's death, or not.

Nothing good comes from a town sanctioned--officially or "on the down low"--party of several hundred mostly underage young people drinking (and other stuff) out in the middle of the woods at night. PLenty of other stuff happens, I'm sure. This time someone lost their life, so we heard about it. :(

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a lot of horseplay and general drunken poor decision making going on that night, either related to Kiely's death, or not.

Nothing good comes from a town sanctioned--officially or "on the down low"--party of several hundred mostly underage young people drinking (and other stuff) out in the middle of the woods at night. PLenty of other stuff happens, I'm sure. This time someone lost their life, so we heard about it. :(
Sure, but it's remarkable, because everybody's been exiting Prosser area from right to left for several minutes (and more to follow). Meanwhile, in the same couple minutes that a car is driving, stopping, and then driving again towards water (the car most assume was KR's), there's a car ENTERING Prosser area from left to right very quickly, appearing to turn around, pause, and then exiting Prosser area from right to left at a high rate of speed.

Sure, but it's remarkable, because everybody's been exiting Prosser area from right to left for several minutes (and more to follow). Meanwhile, in the same couple minutes that a car is driving, stopping, and then driving again towards water (the car most assume was KR's), there's a car ENTERING Prosser area from left to right very quickly, appearing to turn around, pause, and then exiting Prosser area from right to left at a high rate of speed.

Anything could be going on there. It is possible that could somehow be related, sure. It could also be more young people driving around out near Prosser, probably drunk, and clearly speeding. A very common combination in the rural area where I grew up, and I would assume out where these regular parties are held. Lots of fooling around with vehicles.

It is all definitely strange and very sad.

Somehow I really just cant see your point here? How is this car relevant? Cant check video rn, but cant remember any close cars when hers went down. Only a couple minutes or so after there was some cars coming from left, doubt they saw anything. Some lights were visible at the treeline behind that little cove where she went in (i think where the official campground is) and most of it i took as possibly her headlights gleaming from the trees. No other lights? Not that i would have paid much attention cause her car going in, alone, was pretty much everything I needed to see.

Ive been following true crime for like two decades and seen things in videos and in real life, nothing much touching me be it ugly or sad, but this video, seeing those headlights going down the beach, to the water and after a while shut down made me literally sick to my stomach. I guess the worst is when your mind fills the gaps then.

So considering what was happening there, that moment, and now people watching it over and over and ripping it apart like some interesting specimen makes me hate this sleuthing thing a little bit, me myself included.

Those car lights going in and finally shutting down made me think of a Linkin Park song One more light, and with that, I'll leave this conversation until we have something from LE next month.

I'm having trouble connecting to the Alder Hill camera this morning. I even deleted the cookies from my history. I tried linking from my post from last night and from a fresh search off Google.

Anyone else having trouble? If not then advice is appreciated. :cool:

Appears that is not available as the other cameras are working on multiple browsers. I wonder if the archive has been removed while LE continues the investigation

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back