Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find this entire case, very confusing. The police state that "LY" is a POI, and that QS is deceased. But they don't want to arrest her until they have enough evidence?

So, how do they know he is dead? This is far different from the case with the Wests, who were not named POI until the actual arrest after a grand jury result.

Now, LEO has no idea where she is?
Maybe they're waiting for her to check where she left him to see if he is still there. They have to deal with the fact that it's harder to convict without a body. He is tiny and will be very hard to find. MOO

The press conference when asked why they have concluded that Quinton is deceased "multiple search warrants and interviews have led us to believe Quinton is deceased" ......somebody talked....MHO

Search warrants could lead to neighbors and community cameras, items in the home or outside of the home (like trash bins) or bedding, clothing, etc...my opinion it is so much more than someone talking.

The press conference when asked why they have concluded that Quinton is deceased "multiple search warrants and interviews have led us to believe Quinton is deceased" ......somebody talked....MHO
SPECULATION: I suspect that one or both of the other adults in the house that morning talked -- either LS's brother and/or her boyfriend. If MomLS caused Q's death, it wouldn't take much for either of them to figure it out. MomLS had her brother arrested for theft not too long ago, and from what I've seen of the boyfriend, he seemed to genuinely care about the boys -- and probably would NOT want his own newborn to be raised by someone who would murder their own child.

Can someone tell me where the idea of LS waiting for the trash pick up that morning came from? Is this something we know, or is it a guess? I’m a little lost there.

Side notes as I’ve been following along as best as I could:

This is absolutely devastating. Doesn’t matter how sure we are, it always sucks to have the worst scenario be confirmed.

I don’t think LS and DY are married, I know many teens/women who wear rings on their ring fingers (and sometimes that’s part of multiple rings on the same hand), I don’t think it means much these days. I see a lot of women change their last names on social media, but not go through the actual marriage process or process to change their names legally.

I don’t quite see that a smash cake is so concerning. This is common these days, done in a gentle and playful manner. If a child doesn’t like it, parents (in my experience) will stop, reassure the child, etc. Maybe not everyone agrees with this, but bakeries literally sell “smash cakes” for this type of thing. Of course sometimes those are used for the little ones to just destroy on their own, too.

I may have missed what BJH has said recently—but I feel like it’s definitely not uncommon for a family member to realize they have lost someone, and in turn cling to those they have left. I am luckily not in such a position, so can’t really judge, but I would just be very disappointed to see her totally backing LS, or ending up in denial while in fear of losing another person.

I hope LE gets solid, solid overwhelming evidence and soon so they can make that arrest. It’s troubling to think of what’s going on in that home right now and I don’t think I’ve seen confirmation of whether the kids are there or not.

eta: JMO.

Last edited:
According to LS's Facebook she works at a liquor store.

I am surprised she left her FB page up: there are some nasty comments there

I know the laws in several states, if a biological parent has lost custody of a child, the person who was granted custody has a legal responsibility to not leave the non custodial parent alone with the children. That is why, I can see the Grandmother possibly charged with neglect? Not sure.

Bio mom or bio dad may have unsupervised visitation even though G'ma & G'pa have custody. That's enough to cover G'pa leaving for a while.

jmho ymmv lrr

It's sickening to think about, but they also could have found part or parts of him. I sincerely hope that he is whole but if he isn't they could be focusing on finding all of him before making an arrest.
Yes, it's sickening, but that may be just where things are at this time.
A body part (please excuse those sad words), or a bloody piece of his clothing, or a smear on the floor, wall, or bed-sheet, etc., could be used to match what is on his birth records (if he was born in a hospital -- IINM, his blood type would be documented in his birth records). That would at least help confirm that the little guy is indeed deceased, and could indicate violence, and so on.

I'm so sad this is disgusting I have 5 children and 9 grandchildren one this poor boys age how can any mother do this I can't understand how any mother can do this what is wrong with them I just can't get my head around it this is your greatest joy in your life you live for your children and grandchildren so very sad I look at the photos of this sweet boy and cry
RIP sweet boy
MOO

This is my first post..I'm here for a few years but I often hesitate to post because english is not my first language...
But today I need to write about my feelings. My dauther is born in January 21, same age as sweet Quinton. I'm absolutely devastated. How can a mother do this??? Not that it matters, but 20 months is such a wonderful age. The way they're talking, walking, loving to cuddle, laughing, imitating their bigger siblings....
Ugh, I just want to cry...

Rest in peace sweet boy...
Beautifully said, @Lizzle, and

Welcome to Websleuths!!

I completely understand not making and arrest until you have an airtight case. But if LS is the only suspect I don’t understand naming her before you make an arrest?

I know they said they don’t believe her to be a flight risk, but it seems most people would become a flight risk at least as far as the gas in their vehicle and the cash in their bank account would take them.

Could they have named her in hopes of removing her support network and basically making her talk by leaving her with no one willing to defend her or stand up for her?

I completely understand not making and arrest until you have an airtight case. But if LS is the only suspect I don’t understand naming her before you make an arrest?

I know they said they don’t believe her to be a flight risk, but it seems most people would become a flight risk at least as far as the gas in their vehicle and the cash in their bank account would take them.

Could they have named her in hopes of removing her support network and basically making her talk by leaving her with no one willing to defend her or stand up for her?
I would think she would have to be in some type of secure location for them to just let her be.
I’m gonna go ahead and ask, because I honestly don’t remember seeing it on here, did she not return from driving off yesterday?

I would think she would have to be in some type of secure location for them to just let her be.
I’m gonna go ahead and ask, because I honestly don’t remember seeing it on here, did she not return from driving off yesterday?
If I’m not mistaken, in the press conference today he said he didn’t know where she was, or something like that.

Not sure if he meant he didn’t know her exact pinpoint current location or if he plain didn’t know where she is.

I haven’t seen any report of her coming back…

Regarding the “smash cake” - I saw it mentioned that that photo isn’t concerning because the smash cakes are sold “for that purpose”. It’s my understanding that smash cakes are sold and named for the fact that the child is the one who smashes the cake — not because the parent smashes the child’s face into it. That just sounds cruel and awful and I can’t imagine very many parents getting on board with the “smash cake” idea because they think it’ll be fun to smash their kids face in a cake. Everyone I know who has bought one, knows that it’s for the child to destroy.

Anyways, Q looks miserable in that photo. I hope his birthday was fun and it was just a bad picture/moment. But I’m having trouble believing that, because he looks pretty miserable in every photo, which completely breaks my heart.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member