Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain, Billy Chastain, Mike Sparks, Alex Stevens, Okmulgee, 9 Oct 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is wild. I cannot believe they found him alive. Really curious to see what he says to the police, if anything. Also, I'm wondering if he will request to be put in Protective Custody. If not, that would make me think he did act alone after all.

This is wild. I cannot believe they found him alive. Really curious to see what he says to the police, if anything. Also, I'm wondering if he will request to be put in Protective Custody. If not, that would make me think he did act alone after all.
Good point!
Although, there might be friends of the murdered 4 in the clink, too.

Three hours?!? That's an awfully long time to spend at a salvage yard, nevermind on a Sunday night after dark.
And then they went on to another one!
They were killed at the 1st salvage yard, a mile away from the house they left from.
After being at the 1st salvage yard, Mark Chastain's phone was taken to a gas station, the victims were not at the gas station. Maybe the suspect had to get gas or just pulled in there for some reason, on his way home.
The other salvage yard, which is the residence and business of the suspect, is 6 miles south of the 1st. It looks like the phone ultimately was taken there and turned off.

Sometimes people have used them to dismember people.
Yes
Homicide Update from Chief Prentice 10/18/2022:

Joe Kennedy is in custody. He was arrested in a stolen vehicle that was reported stolen to the Okmulgee County Sheriff's Office on the 17th. He was arrested in Daytona Beach Shores Florida.

Additionally, a warrant has been issued for his arrest in Okmulgee County District Court on case number CF-2012-28 for Application to Accelerate a Judgement and Sentence he received in relation to a shooting in 2012. The bond for that warrant is $500,000.

The District Attorney and the Sheriff will begin the process of getting Kennedy back to Okmulgee County. The murder investigation is ongoing and investigators continue to follow leads every day. Additional information will be relayed when it is available.
Odd they never arrested him on the 2012 warrant until he dismembered 4 people

They were killed at the 1st salvage yard, a mile away from the house they left from.
After being at the 1st salvage yard, Mark Chastain's phone was taken to a gas station, the victims were not at the gas station. Maybe the suspect had to get gas or just pulled in there for some reason, on his way home.
The other salvage yard, which is the residence and business of the suspect, is 6 miles south of the 1st. It looks like the phone ultimately was taken there and turned off.
Maybe he needed gas for some type of cutting tool? Thinking chainsaw, which I believe takes mixed gas and oil, but not sure what other cutting tools run on.

And he had to get the cutting tool from the other salvage yard. 3 hours to ambush them, haul them to the “violent event” area and clean up where they were shot, and then head to get the gas and cutting tool.

Last edited:
I think it's possible that JK had a very large stash of precious metals, ready to be sold.

Salvage yards have been known to buy large quantities of stolen catalytic converters, and then strip them of their precious metals. There have been recent busts in which 2 million to 11 million dollars worth of stolen loot was stashed in various salvage yards. I linked a few of them upthread somewhere.

It makes me wonder if the 4 guys had planned to steal some of that stashed loot and the owner wasn't having it.
I very much believe this is exactly what happened and would bet money on it. The only thing that makes sense.

Maybe he needed gas for some type of cutting tool? Thinking chainsaw, which I believe takes mixed gas and oil, but not sure what other cutting tools run on.

And he had to get the cutting tool from the other salvage yard. 3 hours to ambush them, haul them to the “violent event” area and clean up where they were shot, and then head to get the gas and cutting tool.

That's a lot of dirty work for one man.

JQUOTE="NoSpoonFeeding, post: 17832699, member: 295270"]
[/QUOTE]
JK lives at the scrap yard?

My thought from the beginning was similar. Imagine if (speculation coming up) JK was making a stack of extra cash by allowing some really dangerous types to store/deal illegal goods (weapons, hard drugs, whatever) out of some junker food truck or trailer on one of the salvage yards. These guys need some part to fix a car they’re working on and decide to try to steal it from the yard, and instead of running into an angry owner and his dog, run in to a group who wants no witnesses.
IMO it’s possible JK didn’t kill anyone but was caught up in something with those who did kill these men and is now either suicidal or on the run from these people now that bodies have been discovered.
All MOO
Edit for autocorrect
You make an interesting point. Four bodies is a lot to murder and dismember. Not likely that one person did this. IMO

JQUOTE="NoSpoonFeeding, post: 17832699, member: 295270"]
JK lives at the scrap yard?
[/QUOTE]

The house at 21625 SOUTH 236 ROAD OKMULGEE, OK 74447
is listed as his address and there is a house there. It's within/at the edge of his auto salvage/scrap yard. I also saw it listed on a real estate site from some time ago.
That is where the phone went to, there were aerial views on the news, previously posted, showing this property and from the street also.
ARRGH, can't get it to copy edit to add, I have posted the map showing the property upthread

Also

Last edited:
Good point!
Although, there might be friends of the murdered 4 in the clink, too.
That's true. And I really hope that I'm wrong with my theory, but this just doesn't seem like one man did this to prevent being robbed. Knowing the stuff that goes on in this particular town, which is right smack dab in the middle of a drug corridor (Interstate 69/75)... It makes me wonder if he was so desperate to get out of town that he stole a car because he was a witness, or an accomplice and fears for his life. I just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle