Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't surprise me either that the DNA was ignored for 4 months. I'm glad Verna raised cain with them. It's one thing if DNA from a cold case is placed on the back burner for a bit in order to deal with more recent cases where results are needed quickly, but it's another thing entirely when it's just tossed aside and forgotten like it doesn't even matter. Good for her!

Still patiently waiting for the DNA test results. I hope by Christmas we know who they are and their family(s) knows where their loved ones are finally! :dance:

Still patiently waiting for the DNA test results. I hope by Christmas we know who they are and their family(s) knows where their loved ones are finally! :dance:

Amen!

The results could come back any day now...

What happened to the post about the new pics Dimples did for Jock & Jane & there are other post missing too. One where someone said maybe his name was Giacamo.

What happened to the post about the new pics Dimples did for Jock & Jane & there are other post missing too. One where someone said maybe his name was Giacamo.

A-ha, I think I figured it out. This thread is being moved from Cold Cases over to the new "Unidentified" forum, but not all the posts were moved over. Or something along those lines!

Cold Cases thread link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1765222#post1765222

Unidentified thread link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1761329#post1761329

I looked up the stone in the ring John Doe was wearing. A linde star stone is acctually a star sapphire. Sapphire is the birthstone for September.

Sapphire is also no benign stone, it's a full-blown precious gem, a blue diamond worth as much as emerald. Decidedly, Doe was not your typical hitchhiker.

Sorry hon, but please look back a few pages to the extensive research I did into the stone. Sable's statement is wrong. John Doe did NOT have a sapphire stone in his ring --the design was star linde. In fact, the type of ring he wore was quite popular and affordable at the time of his death.

I just don't want their to be any confusion about the ring. :)

The research I did on his watch however, does indicate that JD came from either a middle or upper class background - assuming that he either bought the watch new or that it was a gift from his family. If he bought or received it used, or got it in a trade, then it indicates nothing useful about his financial background.

Sapphire is also no benign stone, it's a full-blown precious gem, a blue diamond worth as much as emerald. Decidedly, Doe was not your typical hitchhiker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable
I looked up the stone in the ring John Doe was wearing. A linde star stone is acctually a star sapphire. Sapphire is the birthstone for September.

A sapphire is NOT a blue diamond and is in no way worth as much as a blue diamond. An emerald isn't worth as much as a diamond either. The ring he had on was a star sapphire / star linde which was very popular back then but not worth a lot though.

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/se...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Does anyone have a list of possibles that everyone has come up with? If so if anyone could point me to it......

I scanned through the posts and threads and didn't see this one posted but could have missed it....

It did say that he was traveling to florida so maybe he met her there or something.

Kel
Jane Doe was with John Doe from the beginning She was going to Florida with him IF I read all of the facts correctly.

Just going to post these over here since they didnt get moved, they are the morge pics photoshoped to have their eyes open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304