Deceased/Not Found PA - Elizabeth “Beth” Capaldi, 55, last seen by husband, phone & car left behind, Sellersville, Bucks Co, 10 Oct 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
best_crop_0770126af8af10b4b8e8_capaldi_on_bench_10-26-22.jpg

best_crop_2eeb707ee61f0344ada3_capadli_closeup_10-26-22.jpg

DOYLESTOWN, PA—Bucks County officials are searching for a 55-year-old woman who hasn’t been seen or heard from for over two weeks.

Elizabeth “Beth” Capaldi has been missing since she left her Sellersville house on Oct. 10. Her family reported her missing two days later.

While a few of her personal belongings were missing, most of her personal effects, including her cell phone and car keys, were found at her home.

More at Bucks County Officials Searching for Missing 55-Year-Old Sellersville Woman

Capaldi was last seen at her home where she lives with her husband near the intersection of High and E. Church streets back on Oct. 10. She was reported missing by her daughter two days later. Investigators said a few personal items, including her wallet, were also missing from the home. Most of her belongings, including her cell phone, keys and car were left behind however.

Whoa, this little town is right next door to where I grew up--it's small and quaint and rather sleepy. I drive through it every time I go to see my parents in the house where I grew up. I am surprised that the local press has not previously covered this missing woman's story, given that she was reported missing by her daughter on October 12th! About the only controversy I can think of that might have any bearing whatsoever on this case is related to the local schools, where the already-conservative school board has gained national recognition for instituting book bans, bans on teachers using students' preferred names/pronouns, and the like--I don't have any idea if this woman was involved in the educational system, or if her child(ren) are young enough to be in school there, but I certainly worry that she's seemingly vanished without a trace.

Detectives with the Bucks County District Attorney’s Office and the Perkasie Borough Police Department are investigating the disappearance of a 55-year-old woman who was last seen at her home on Oct. 10, 2022.

At a news conference on Oct. 26, 2022, District Attorney Matt Weintraub asked for the public’s help in attempting to locate Elizabeth “Beth” Capaldi. She was reported missing by a member of her family two days after she was last seen. Capaldi was last seen at her Sellersville residence near the intersection of High and E. Church streets, where she lived with her husband Stephen Capaldi.

Capaldi is 5-foot, 6-inches tall with brown/gray hair and hazel eyes. It was determined that few personal belongings including her wallet was missing from the home, however most other belongings including her cell phone, keys and car were left behind.

She was not known to travel outside of the area alone and mainly stayed in or around the house, unless running errands or with family members.

“We continue to hold out hope that we can find Beth Capaldi and reunite her with her family, but we are not ruling anything out at this time,” Weintraub said. “Please help us if you can. We really can use it.”

If anyone has seen her or observed anything out of the ordinary please report that information to the Bucks County Detectives 215-348-6354 and Perkasie Borough Police Department 215-257-6876, or submit a tip via email buckscrimetips@buckscounty.org or via crime watch at bucks.crimewatchpa.com/perkasieboroughpd or bucksda.org.

Media Contact: Manuel Gamiz Jr., 215.348.6298, mgamiz@buckscounty.org

Sourced via CRIMEWATCH®: NEWS POST: BUCKS DA, PERKASIE PD ANNOUNCE MISSING PERSON INVESTIGATION

I find this sentence interesting: "She was not known to travel outside of the area alone and mainly stayed in or around the house, unless running errands or with family members." I am guessing, based on this, that perhaps EC did not work (or maybe she worked from home?)--at least, there's so far been no mention of a job.

I also noticed that some news coverage notes she was last seen "in the early hours" of October 10th--this could mean that she uncharacteristically left her home late at night/early in the morning for some reason, OR maybe that her spouse (or someone else in the home) saw her before going to bed.

Last edited:
I find this sentence interesting: "She was not known to travel outside of the area alone and mainly stayed in or around the house, unless running errands or with family members." I am guessing, based on this, that perhaps EC did not work (or maybe she worked from home?)--at least, there's so far been no mention of a job.
According to the NBC10 article, she worked from home.

EBM: snipped

So she is last seen in her marital home and after two days a daughter reports her as missing? Is that correct?

I believe so. The husband was the last person to see her, yet she wasn't reported missing for two days, and the husband wasn't the one who even reported her missing. Not getting a good feeling about this one.

--

Weintraub said Capaldi was reported missing on Oct. 12 by her daughter after her family "uncharacteristically had not heard from her for those two days." She had last been seen by her husband, said the D.A.

A few of her personal belongings, including her wallet, were missing from her home, however most of her other belongings, including her cell phone, her keys to the house and to the car and the car itself were left behind, said the district attorney.

"We do have some leads that we're working on. We're still hopeful that we can find Ms. Capaldi alive, but we're prepared for any eventuality," said Weintraub.

Disappearance Of Bucks County Woman Under Investigation: D.A.

I believe so. The husband was the last person to see her, yet she wasn't reported missing for two days, and the husband wasn't the one who even reported her missing. Not getting a good feeling about this one.

--

Weintraub said Capaldi was reported missing on Oct. 12 by her daughter after her family "uncharacteristically had not heard from her for those two days." She had last been seen by her husband, said the D.A.

Is it normal for a DA to hold press conference for missing person?

I don't like these cases where the husband/boyfriend was the last person to see them alive......

And this: The husband didn't report her missing at all, and after 2 days her adult daughter reported her missing instead!
What the.....

I wonder if her husband is her daughter's father? Or a step-fathe?

I'd like to know more about the family dynamics.....

I heard the press conference this afternoon. It was brief and not much info was to be had or shared. Mrs Capaldi has been missing for over 2 weeks now. The one thing we do know is that her wallet is missing. I'm not sure if that means anything. At this time wouldn't bank transactions have been looked at?

I don't like these cases where the husband/boyfriend was the last person to see them alive......

And this: The husband didn't report her missing at all, and after 2 days her adult daughter reported her missing instead!
What the.....

I wonder if her husband is her daughter's father? Or a step-fathe?

I'd like to know more about the family dynamics.....
Exactly!! This has ear marks of other cases that ended badly.

I heard the press conference this afternoon. It was brief and not much info was to be had or shared. Mrs Capaldi has been missing for over 2 weeks now. The one thing we do know is that her wallet is missing. I'm not sure if that means anything. At this time wouldn't bank transactions have been looked at?
I thought that question should have been asked!

Can't say whether it's a common DA practice generally speaking, but I can say that it does not seem uncommon at all for this particular DA. Matt Weintraub, the current Bucks County District Attorney, regularly addresses the public via press conferences. Some of them were asking for public assistance in solving missing persons cases, while others were to update the public on the outcome of long-unsolved cases, new initiatives in policing, or announcing the capture of suspected criminals. The playlist here should give you some idea of the frequency with which DA Weintraub appears at press conferences: NEWS

I'm concerned by the delay in reporting her missing, the fact that we're only hearing about this now, and that this was uncharacteristic behavior.

I'd like to know if search warrants have been executed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back