Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #150 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, background check including fingerprinting is required to be a licensed pharm tech. We don’t know if the requirements were the same in 2018 though.

Pharmacy techs can be either licensed or just certified. Certification in a 3 or 4 month course and does not have the stricter requirements of a licensed pharmacy tech. Apples to oranges.

Long time lurker first time poster, but does anyone else find it kind of difficult to believe that RA was able to murder these two girls alone? I mean Liberty was the same size as him. If I recall correctly law enforcement says that bodies were posed and MOVED. I just have a very difficult time imagining that RA would have been able to move them alone. It doesn't exactly seem like he's a gym rat.

I'm very interested to see what comes out on Monday, but I think the details will be frustratingly scant.
I can kind of see it, he's a fully developed male and they are developing females.

We know little as to if the girls were restrained, what weapon was used to force compliance etc. I can certainly think of scenarios it would be fairly easy to gain compliance of two teenagers e.g with a gun.

He had enough time to drag them across the ground and even take breaks if needed.

One thing that does surprise me is the height if he is BG. 5ft 4 for an adult male is 2 standard deviations lower than the median. It's something I've seen people calculate from objects in the background and the reference point of the video and have got it bang on at 5ft4-5ft5. I wonder why the Police didn't jump on this in the information they provided about BG considering the tools they'd have available in terms of lasers etc.

distribution-1-775x550.png
MOO The first height estimates of BG were 5'6" to 5'11", and there was a lot of discussion about how short BG could be. I don't know if that original estimate considered the heel height. I don't know why they later removed the estimates, which I agree can be accurately calculated.
Somewhere along the line, someone thought the information was limiting who the public would consider a possibility. Unfortunately, this led to many people being convinced that much larger men could be/were BG, which may have led the public to forget that BG could be short in stature.

This all feels weird to me. This is a huge case, how can you arrest on a Friday and go into a vacuum until Monday? I would have expected locals to come out with stories of their interactions, leaks cause people can’t help themselves, the whole little guy thing is odd to me too. What are we going to hear on Monday? Is this going to involve a lot of people, are we going to get a very brief statement, is there a bombshell? I will set a reminder for Monday and wait cause, I don’t know, something is not quite right just yet.

From the onset, I‘ve admired the people of Delphi for staying out of the spot light to avoid a media frenzy, especially as the topic involves a tragedy. This is their life, their town but it’s still Libby and Abby’s families who the focus should be rightly on as far as the media goes. I detect a huge sense of relief and notice the word “bittersweet” mentioned more than once.

Last edited:
The family knew this guy was out there though, and law enforcement has been consistent in saying that they thought he was from the community, and was likely still living in that community.

They themselves were almost certainly not at risk, as that's just not how sexually motivated child killers operate (assuming that's true).

The risk however, would apply to females, probably around the age of the girls. Fortunately, it doesn't appear this guy ever struck again.
It seems like such a complex crime that it’s hard to believe this would be the perp’s first attack. It looks like he was probably there looking for prey. He stalked his prey. He ordered them to a secluded place. He then did whatever he did and killed them. He had to be confident he could control two adolescents.

Hopefully this was the last time the perp killed.

This all feels weird to me. This is a huge case, how can you arrest on a Friday and go into a vacuum until Monday? I would have expected locals to come out with stories of their interactions, leaks cause people can’t help themselves, the whole little guy thing is odd to me too. What are we going to hear on Monday? Is this going to involve a lot of people, are we going to get a very brief statement, is there a bombshell? I will set a reminder for Monday and wait cause, I don’t know, something is not quite right just yet.
They absolutely need some time with him before going public.
I am very critical of those in my own field (as we all are I imagine) and although I'm a fierce defender of LE, I know so many weaknesses in the system too. Drives me bonkers.

HOWEVER, this is a no brainer move for them.

They can gleen info from him that they wont be able to after the presser. Why arrest him, give a presser and THEN interview him? Some of the info he gives may be pertinent to a thorough press conference. The public can wait 2 more days.
Interviewing him (AND his close contacts) is a huge huge part of the investigation. Chances are highly likely that a presser given before those interviews and one given after could look like 2 very different things, depending on what they learn.

They also have to very careful what they say publicly from here on out. It's very important they have a lot of their ducks in a row before the presser.

RA lives in Delphi and is now 50 years old. He’s lived at his current home since about 2006 and it’s only 5 minutes from the bridge. So Doug Carter was right … RA was hiding in plain sight and would have known the area well. It will be interesting to learn if he took trophies. Apparently two articles of clothing from one of the girls were missing from the scene. If the texts that were leaked years ago were correct, those two articles of clothing were Libby's.

Shortly after the murders, Ron Logan was suspected by many as being the killer. Knowing that others thought that little of him must have hard to bear from then until his death in January. He may not have been perfect but he wasn’t a killer.Who
Hi, what does RA stand for ?

LICENSED pharmacy techs are required to, however, according to the Indiana state licensing lookup he was CERTIFIED but not licensed.

It is also up to the employer. CVS may require fingerprinting but another employer may not.

A pharmacist is a licensed position in all states and would require fingerprinting but pharmacy tech certification requirements vary by state.
He is licensed. #67031838A

I think it would be very unusual if this is the first time that the 50 year old has committed murder. Double murder 5 years ago fairly close to home might mean that he got away with murder so often that he became bold and over-confident, so he decided to murder close to home (like the murder that revealed Israel Keyes).

I initially thought that the suspect parked at the cemetery for a quick escape after the murders. Now it seems more likely that he walked the 1.2 mile distance in wet shoes along the creek directly home. Apparently no one saw him walking home, and no one he knows recognized his distinct cap, coat or anything else unusual about him.

Given that he lived and worked so close to the murders, I'm very surprised that no one connected the clothing and gait to the suspect.

Attachments

• 1667060825123.png
    1667060825123.png
    311.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 1667061371673.png
    1667061371673.png
    760.4 KB · Views: 87
They were abducted from the south end of the Monon High Bridge and found deceased approximately 1/4 mile away, directly south of the cemetery near or in the creek. (LE has kept the kill site and found location close to the vest, but the coordinates can be found in the Ron Logan Search Warrant)

SOME theorize that they were abducted and returned. I don't ascribe to that theory as there were too many searchers to sneak them back to so close to the abduction site.
Thank you for answering!

But its not the first time they've been wrong, I'm waiting for more information, I have also seen other news outlets saying he may have been arrested on unrelated charges, but who knows at this point, would love to see this case closed

but Ill wait to hear what they have on Monday
How have they been wrong? They’ve investigated everyone possible. That’s not being wrong. That’s doing their due diligence and chasing every angle. Investigating someone doesn’t mean they are positive the person did it.

i meant ..that at least they could tried to clear those living close in the area or did he have to be a bad guy first ?
<modsnip>
we are just waiting to hear.. he looked like a normal family man again
I guess it depends on what you consider close in the area. In certain areas, there could be 30K + men living in that circle to encompass RA's home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iamgoingtofindyou45