TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so so bad for MO’s family.

Defense: You messed up investigating .. therefore, it didn’t happen.
IOW Prove it without your proof.

Whaaaaa???!
MOO
I understand your concern but a good defense is important in the pursuit of justice. I think many of the criticisms of the police, arrest warrant & investigation are justified.

That doesn't mean I don't think KA is the strongest suspect.

No one should want the wrong person to be convicted of MW's murder. To me, it does not dishonor Mo or her family to question all assumptions.

JMHO

I'm fine with May 12 being excluded from the evidence -- KA said next to nothing. She rolled her eyes a lot. It's undisputed that the outstanding warrant proved valid to bring her in (except for the birthdate glitch only learned while she was being detained on May 12) which allowed for LE to execute the search warrant at the residence she shared with CS where the firearm was recovered. After the FA recovered (the murder weapon), then they were on to something. MOO

From the link:

Conner told her she was free to leave five times. Armstrong repeatedly asked for an attorney. She was never read her Miranda rights. Whether questioning should have continued for several minutes will be taken into consideration as part of the ruling.

Monday, Douglas Deaton, a retired Plano Police Lt. called the interview a "case study of how not to interview a homicide suspect." He said questioning should have stopped the second time Armstrong asked for an attorney.

Excerpts from the interview were included in the probable cause affidavit written by Detective Richard Spitler. Armstrong is misquoted in the document and there is argument as to whether her actions were mischaracterized. Her attorneys argue law enforcement lied on the document.

Deaton said the document, used to arrest Armstrong for murder, was "borderline character assassination." He accused detectives of trying to "paint a picture" and said it is a "common trap" that "inexperienced detectives" often fall into. Spitler and Conner were new to the unit when the homicide occurred. Wilson’s homicide was the first time Spitler had served as lead homicide detective.

Deaton added that the affidavit was "not the quality of writing [he] would expect from a fully formed police department." He said he believed the detective's supervisors let them down.

Judge Brenda Kennedy told legal teams to submit their memorandums by Halloween. She will issue a ruling on November 9 after giving each side 10 to 15 minutes to summarize their arguments.

I'm fine with May 12 being excluded from the evidence -- KA said next to nothing. She rolled her eyes a lot. It's undisputed that the outstanding warrant proved valid to bring her in (except for the birthdate glitch only learned while she was being detained on May 12) which allowed for LE to execute the search warrant at the residence she shared with CS where the firearm was recovered. After the FA recovered (the murder weapon), then they were on to something. MOO

From the link:

Conner told her she was free to leave five times. Armstrong repeatedly asked for an attorney. She was never read her Miranda rights. Whether questioning should have continued for several minutes will be taken into consideration as part of the ruling.

Monday, Douglas Deaton, a retired Plano Police Lt. called the interview a "case study of how not to interview a homicide suspect." He said questioning should have stopped the second time Armstrong asked for an attorney.

Excerpts from the interview were included in the probable cause affidavit written by Detective Richard Spitler. Armstrong is misquoted in the document and there is argument as to whether her actions were mischaracterized. Her attorneys argue law enforcement lied on the document.

Deaton said the document, used to arrest Armstrong for murder, was "borderline character assassination." He accused detectives of trying to "paint a picture" and said it is a "common trap" that "inexperienced detectives" often fall into. Spitler and Conner were new to the unit when the homicide occurred. Wilson’s homicide was the first time Spitler had served as lead homicide detective.

Deaton added that the affidavit was "not the quality of writing [he] would expect from a fully formed police department." He said he believed the detective's supervisors let them down.

Judge Brenda Kennedy told legal teams to submit their memorandums by Halloween. She will issue a ruling on November 9 after giving each side 10 to 15 minutes to summarize their arguments.

So strategy is get evidence chucked out, then claim she went on the run because cops were framing her?

INERTIA......again!
Oddly, her boyfriend Strickland has declared his belief that the hot-tempered temptress is innocent of the cold-blooded killing of his part-time paramour.
“I had ended the relationship with Kaitlin and it was just interesting timing because Mo had come to Austin to visit a friend that exact week,” Strickland told the newspaper.

“It was completely unplanned and yeah, we started spending some time together. That was clearly expressed to Kaitlin at that time and Kaitlin dated other men directly after that.

“We were clearly going our separate ways but we just didn’t get enough inertia to separate. Kaitlin and I were involved in several businesses together. Mo and I communicated about twice a month (after that) and I think it was skewed in a very misleading way in the (police) affidavit.”

I find the editorial selection in this recent article to be interesting.

Apparently inertia was heavily in evidence until KA flew out, as she & CS were together getting coffee, etc. I still find it beyond odd that she committed a violent murder & went home to sleep with the 3rd party in the triangle (LE version).

There's much more to this IMO. But what? The truth and the entire truth is important for justice.
JMO

INERTIA......again!
Oddly, her boyfriend Strickland has declared his belief that the hot-tempered temptress is innocent of the cold-blooded killing of his part-time paramour.

RSMB.

That quote in the article is totally unsubstantiated. Even the article itself does not quote CS as saying anything of the sort!

RSMB.

That quote in the article is totally unsubstantiated. Even the article itself does not quote CS as saying anything of the sort!
Has CS stated that this interview direct quote was false or incorrect?

I understand your concern but not sure how you can know it is "totally unsubstantiated."

Open to correction if you have a LE or MSM source to refute it.

INERTIA......again!
“I had ended the relationship with Kaitlin and it was just interesting timing because Mo had come to Austin to visit a friend that exact week,” Strickland told the newspaper.

“It was completely unplanned and yeah, we started spending some time together. That was clearly expressed to Kaitlin at that time and Kaitlin dated other men directly after that.

“We were clearly going our separate ways but we just didn’t get enough inertia to separate. Kaitlin and I were involved in several businesses together. Mo and I communicated about twice a month (after that) and I think it was skewed in a very misleading way in the (police) affidavit.”

Apparently inertia was heavily in evidence until KA flew out, as she & CS were together getting coffee, etc. I still find it beyond odd that she committed a violent murder & went home to sleep with the 3rd party in the triangle (LE version).

There's much more to this IMO. But what? The truth and the entire truth is important for justice.
JMO
Is this article using quotes from older articles? It doesn't sound like a new interview with CS, I recall reading everything here before in other MSM articles early on in this case. I don't see anything new here.

INERTIA......again!

JMO

"hot-tempered temptress"

Click-bait in the Toronto Sun. Not surprising. They should have quoted CS saying that he never knew KA to have a temper. Guess that wouldn't have worked with their dramatic statements.

Is this article using quotes from older articles? It doesn't sound like a new interview with CS, I recall reading everything here before in other MSM articles early on in this case. I don't see anything new here.
That’s what I suspect as well. He has never given an interview AFAIK, and I doubt he would now.
IMO he was trying to distance himself from it all right away. It is not his fault, he did not commit a crime, and I’m sure was panicked and upset.

That’s what I suspect as well. He has never given an interview AFAIK, and I doubt he would now.
IMO he was trying to distance himself from it all right away. It is not his fault, he did not commit a crime, and I’m sure was panicked and upset.
I prefer to leave any guilt or innocence on CS's part an open question. No, he is not a named suspect. But to suggest the quotes in thie article are false has no source. Or did you find a definitive retraction of those statements?

I prefer to leave any guilt or innocence on CS's part an open question. No, he is not a named suspect. But to suggest the quotes in thie article are false has no source. Or did you find a definitive retraction of those statements?
I think the article was just click bait and there was nothing new on it. But I don’t know that for a fact.
Sorry, maybe I shouldn’t have commented on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23