Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? It's fairly common for LE & judges to withhold public release of arrest affidavits in murder & higher profile cases in many (if not most) on the grounds that releasing the kinds of probable cause detailed in AAs will jeopardize the defendant's rights.

Media outlets are well-versed in having to jump thru legal hoops to get access to what should be public information under the U.S. legal system. Some states like Florida have Sunshine Laws that protect the public's right to know evidence used to make an arrest & hold someone.

I don't know the precedent in Indiana, but wouldn't be surprised if the media has to appeal all the way to the state supreme court to be granted access due to LE being so averse to releasing it. Sometimes the media don't even pursue their rights on behalf of you and I (the public who pays for our justice system).

It's really disgraceful in the year 2022 to still be having public information withheld, requiring a costly fight for release.

The criminal justice system & especially biased judges who tend to err on the side of trying to keep everything they can out of the public domain do a great disservice to ultimate truth & justice with their backward thinking. It is judges who also control cameras in the courtroom, meaning taxpayers are frequently barred from seeing our money at work there too.

MOO
Perhaps I’m forgetting. Entirely possible. :)

Eta: Wait, I think I was thinking of something else, like a City Council kind of thing, “public hearing”, sorry I think I misinterpreted if he was referring to a public hearing in court, before judge, DUH, I was thinking more like a vote kind of thing, excuse brain fart, was thinking something different and obviously brain is tired.

Eta2: I remember in Jessica Ridgeway’s case, some things did not come out until...I’m trying to remember when ARS’ PCA was first presented, I think during ARS’...anyway carry on.

Eta3. I’ve said it here before, I think one of the worst things I’ve ever read in my life is Jessica’s PCA, linked for reference and example of sample of what a PCA looks like in a case like this, for those new to PCA’s.

Last edited:
For some reason I keep thinking “ The Lovely Bones”.
I've been thinking of the same book. A murdered young girl, "watching" her family and the investigation into her death.

I feel relief.

I feel relief because Libby, obviously before she and Abby were slaughtered, had the astonishing presence of mind to start recording this man who was approaching them and ordering them down the hill.

Maybe Libby felt creeped out and thought she'd show her family and LE this video of some guy who made them uncomfortable.

We know that she didn't get that chance, and there's more to the video that's been withheld.

But she DID record enough for there to be a "Bridge Guy," and even if it took over 5 1/2 years, she did what she could to arrest the man who did it.

I feel relief that LE, the families, and we the strangers can now know that last face they saw. I feel like they're less alone now.

I feel relief, even though I want to know so many details, but that day will come, just like this day came at last.

IMO

I am wondering if his height will be a thing in the trial. It does certainty seem strange that a man that is barely 5.4ft that wouldn’t be something you would notice straight away. It’s actually the most glaringly obvious thing you would notice off the bat to see a man that short imo.
5 feet 4 Actor Tom Hollander on left, as Rev. Collins in Pride and Prejudice:
701727FF-AAD1-40E5-85FC-E2F910E10964.gif

Possible DNA from the girls? The first thing I thought of when I saw it was towed. The crime scene was bloody. How old is the vehicle? How long would it take to get dna results back? Even if the car was repeatedly cleaned, there is a chance they found a minute amount. JMO.
Yes, absolutely. One single drop of either girl's blood in the SUV is all that's needed. Whether directly or cast off, it doesn't matter.

To me, it is very possible that they have evidence that he was stalking or trying to interface with young girls. Was he cruising certain places like the bridge or other places where kids might be? He would have been possibly been doing any of those actions in his car. The why now of another perp ratting him out or leading to evidence is compelling. But maybe he was starting to become active again and the MO looked like what happened to these girls. Not sure. But, those are my thoughts. If I lived in that area, I would sure as heck be aware of any man or car that seemed to be cruising or near young folks in less traveled areas.

Has RA been working at CVS for the past 5+ years? He could have been using his job to target young women. CVS is one of the companies that hires felons/people with records (which is a good thing) so it's very possible it could also be where he's met questionable characters connected to the darkweb etc. The thought that these girls could have been at CVS and he was drawn to them, or, overheard them talking about their plans while buying something mundane comes to mind. I wonder if people will call in their weird experiences with him now that he's arrested.

I think nobody is going to bury electric SA material in a hole in the cold, wet ground. No matter how well it was wrapped, it would relatively quickly be ruined by rain/wet soil conditions. MOO
Oh I agree, it’s not a GOOD hiding place but he may have been scrambling as police started closing in. Just a thought.

Just occurred to me that this is probably the first time in years that Delphi can have a trick or treat evening without worrying about a monster out th
There is always another monster, unfortunately
Wonder when this will take place and whether the media will be excluded from participating?
Seems it is becoming more common, just look at the Rhoden murder trials

Isn't it a crime to lie to a federal LE agent, rather than local/state? I realise I may be very wrong, but that was my assumption.
It's different state-by-state but Section 1001 of Title 18 makes it illegally or knowingly and willfully make a false statement to the federal executive, judicial or legislative branches. It's broad. It knows no bounds. It does not need to be associated with another crime. And it does not need to be a sworn statement. And it's a felony with a 5 year potential term.

Has RA been working at CVS for the past 5+ years? He could have been using his job to target young women. CVS is one of the companies that hires felons/people with records (which is a good thing) so it's very possible it could also be where he's met questionable characters connected to the darkweb etc. The thought that these girls could have been at CVS and he was drawn to them, or, overheard them talking about their plans while buying something mundane comes to mind. I wonder if people will call in their weird experiences with him now that he's arrested.
CVS hires felons? In a business that sells drugs, doesn't seem like the brightest move

I know 1000% that he was a highway patrol man because I got his name from his name badge, heard police convos over the car radio, and saw his picture on the wall at CHP's headquarters where I went to report what had happened, so this isn't a case of me being faked out by some weirdo. Plus other things.

Sadly, they wouldn't even take a report, and at my young age, I didn't push it. I took a lot just to get me there to try to report him. To this day I regret not pushing more to get what happened taken seriously. All they kept saying was "Did he scare you because he was black?", to which I replied... "No, he scared me because of what he did and said". I even had proof that they didn't bother with, which was a conversation he had with another CHP over the radio. I said... "Don't you record those conversations???"

Nothing written down by the guy I was trying to report it to and I wasn't taken seriously. I think it was the Captain I was trying to report it to and he protected his guy and not me, the victim. NOT cool. That is NOT good to have women dismissed when reporting something factual, especially when it was LE who did it!!! If you knew the details your jaw would drop. I really am thankful that I just lost a cat life and wasn't a statistic. I also wonder if other girls/women weren't so lucky to have come across this guy and their situations ended up differently than mine. :(
So glad you made it out of that terrible situation—this whole experience sounds so traumatizing for you. Sending hugs

View attachment 377072

Guess he is a short one after all.
Wonder if he manipulated his height to evade capture.

Good find!

He has his head tilted back almost as if he's trying to appear taller. I'd call it 5'3 1/2" (if he's in stocking feet or barefoot. I'd imagine they have people remove shoes before mugshots (?)

“altitude-challenged” lol

I wonder if he planned any part of this in advance - like did he wear bigger shoes so the possible prints wouldn’t match his usual shoe prints?

Has his official height been released?

MOO
This is just my opinion.

Many times in these type of press conferences where law enforcement has just arrested and charged the murderer they use the specific statement "They acted alone" when it's for sure one person. They had every opportunity to say "Richard Allen acted alone." today and they didn't. I think this tells us there will be other arrest(s) and or there could be more charges.

It's been established through various documents that KK has denied involvement in the murders. But, he did contact L&A the day before the murders, he googled the Marathon gas station and he sold csam for which he's charged. When you add that together with him & river search and the recent arrest I think it's a fair conclusion that there's more to this than RA did everything.

It's also my opinion that discussions about this case and the sinister nature of these csam rings are underestimated. Could RA also be one of the people who purchased the drop box KK was selling?

Here's a speculative and opinion driven question for everyone- Do you believe RA just randomly seized a moment and killed L&A? Or did he know they would be there that day? If so how did he know?
And I think you are onto something here with your line of reasoning!

IMO …
I imagine the LE searching was for the trophies (Bra and panties?) or perhaps the murder weapon (knife?).

For the DA to be so sure (early trial date) it must be DNA. Only question is whether they got his sample (1.) from a tip (2.) or if they backed into it - one of his kin gave recently (Parabon?).
I have totally unsupported feeling that it's something weirder than that -- like shoestrings -- but who knows?

Something about the way law enforcement has danced around the topic of sexual abuse leaves me feeling they were just baffled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77