Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is CVS? I’m in the UK and can’t view their website, but I’m getting the impression it’s our equivalent of Boots or Superdrug (toiletries, perfume, make up etc) rather than just a dispensing chemist / pharmacy. Anyone know?

Glad to hear the latest news and massive respect to those who’ve diligently followed the case…. I stopped when the threads were still in single figures so I’ve missed about 150,000 posts :oops:
That's what it is.

What is CVS? I’m in the UK and can’t view their website, but I’m getting the impression it’s our equivalent of Boots or Superdrug (toiletries, perfume, make up etc) rather than just a dispensing chemist / pharmacy. Anyone know?

Glad to hear the latest news and massive respect to those who’ve diligently followed the case…. I stopped when the threads were still in single figures so I’ve missed about 150,000 posts :oops:
CVS, formerly Consumer Value Stores, is a large chain of stores with pharmacies (chemists in UK) that also stocks toiletries, candy, gifts, and cosmetics. All of them have a photo department. Many stores have small clinics. They are headquartered in Rhode Island, but have become a nationwide chain in the US.

Last edited:
It was blue jeans and a blue jacket what made it distinctive?
not the OP but while i wouldn't say it was distinctive, i feel like the combination of the outfit and the walk/gait surely would've thrown up some red flags?? In addition to living so close to the bridge? i don't know

but...unless more info comes out about her and/or she gets charged with something specifically, it's not really useful to sit here and say how could she not have known. she might be legitimately asking herself the same question. moo

A theory:

KAK was to meet up with the girls, but, if RA had the password to the "catfish" account knew where they were going to meet, realized how close he was to that spot and got there first? Perhaps tried to pass himself off as KAK?

In that case, one or both of the girls may have recognized him and he realized that.

In any event, if the "catfish" account could be accessed by phone, maybe LE has been able to trace who was connected and from where during around the time the crime happened. Maybe that's what led them to the river and/or to his home. If he was trying to get to the girls first, he may have been using the account on his phone.

All pure speculation and MOO.

The pharmacy is in the back. Then they have a huge section of makeup, toiletries, sunblock, toys, magazines, cleaning supplies, snacks etc

A theory:

KAK was to meet up with the girls, but, if RA had the password to the "catfish" account knew where they were going to meet, realized how close he was to that spot and got there first? Perhaps tried to pass himself off as KAK?

In that case, one or both of the girls may have recognized him and he realized that.

In any event, if the "catfish" account could be accessed by phone, maybe LE has been able to trace who was connected and from where during around the time the crime happened. Maybe that's what led them to the river and/or to his home. If he was trying to get to the girls first, he may have been using the account on his phone.

All pure speculation and MOO.
Law enforcement did believe two people were using that account because of language differences. It's clear they suspected that person could be KAK's father, but it very well could have been Richard Allen.

The issue with the river is that it's right around the time KAK was removed from jail, and it's really close to his house. RA lived some 40 miles away.

That's why I tend to believe there's more of a direct connection here, and KAK kept quiet because by implicating Allen, he was implicating himself.

That's why I think there may be some sort of deal coming.

Thanks for sharing the Indiana law.

I disagree with it on the grounds that the public's right to know is completely ignored in making the judgment call. The reasons given for a right to withhold are so broad, almost every AA could be withheld on that basis, which would be fine in a country without a 4th amendment.

FL somehow manages to release everything to the public in a timely manner without hindering justice. Every state should follow Sunshine Laws. How can we protest injustices we are not even aware of?

Yes, these laws are enshrined by states. That doesn't mean they are right or even legal under the U.S. Constitution.
I am an open courts absolutist, so I agree -- it protects the public from the government (1st Amendment) and the defendant from the government (6th Amendment). I am investigation friendly, just like I am victim friendly, but until they amend the Constitution, those two strongly outweigh the latter. It prevents kangaroo courts, lynchmob justice, prosecutors and judges doing backroom deals and peddling bs, etc. There is a way to write a narrow information even with an accomplise or CI

Yes, I also commented on this also yesterday here, bringing forward for anyone who’s interested

Content:

Thank you!

I note that the number of Caucasian American males measuring 5'4" or thereabouts is relatively small, so perhaps there is some subconscious bias with investigators placing a more "normal" range on unknown suspects?

Jmo

is

Yeah, so basically I/we know nothing more than we knew yesterday, which as I said is of course understandable and warranted for trial purposes...just reflecting and sayin...we also knew this could happen going in, little released for understandably “protecting the integrity of the investigation”, but it’s just now sinking in lol. Wish we knew more.

Eta:
Yay Abby and Libby. It seems they may have got him, and he won’t hurt anyone else. Innocent until proven guilty, but they may have him. Your families, and community and everyone else, can hopefully rest a little more easily now. ❤️

Last edited:
I think you would be the exception not the norm. 14 and 50 is a huge age gap and this wasn’t some 50 year old hunk lol
I haven’t been able to keep up with the posts but the very little I have read, it says that KK posed as a young male model in contacting the girls. I think they were on the bridge that day looking for a handsome male. They would have been flattered that he showed. An interest in them, right?

A piece of jewelry that could tie you to 2 murders would be an odd (and stupid) thing to take, just to bury it, IMHO. You'd think someone taking a souvenir would want to look at it. Or maybe he places his lawn chair over that spot when he sat outside smoking and drinking beer as one poster here posted with a link (which I don't have at the moment). Souvenirs are really not a very smart thing to take as they can easily implicate you, or stack things against you when found.
Are killers smart? Hmmm. They do take souvenirs, especially serial killers.

I believe a dna (voluntary) dragnet was used -or was attempted in the Christa Worthington case (Truro,MA). Iirc the ACLU got involved. I don’t recall the outcome.
Voluntary dragnets have been hugely problematic in the U.S.

I haven’t been able to keep up with the posts but the very little I have read, it says that KK posed as a young male model in contacting the girls. I think they were on the bridge that day looking for a handsome male. They would have been flattered that he showed. An interest in them, right?

I highly doubt they was going to meet anybody on that bridge. The family also don’t think they were meeting anybody that afternoon. Also the bridge apart from the killer from Abby’s photo there isn’t a soul in sight.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone think this guy is the first sketch, and KK is the younger sketch? That they were there together?
Personally I think RA is bridge guy and could be the inspiration for the second sketch. In my heart this IS bridge guy which is simultaneously creepy and exhilarating. After so long it is tremendously gratifying to see progress. Maybe RA will help the investigation move forward.

Yes. It’s a chain pharmacy/sundry store much like Boots.

With regards to his wife recognizing/not recognizing his clothing from the video/still images, I will say, most people don't have 10 or 20 different coats. The blue jacket/coat was an outer layer, and even in a cold winter climate (I live in IL), I have maybe 4 coats, and my husband has even fewer. I know it looks like a nondescript blue coat, but unless it's one he literally never wears around me, I would recognize a coat of my husband's or at least be like "Hey my husband has a coat that looks just like that." Then I'd maybe put together the sketches, the voice, the walk, the rest of his outfit that day and start to get a sinking feeling in my stomach.

However, it's very possible she was in denial. We don't want to think our loved one, in fact maybe the closest person to us - our spouse - could do something like this. So we rationalize it as "A lot of people have plain blue jackets" or "A lot of people could have been walking the bridge that day." Maybe he even gave her a very believable alibi (for lack of a better word, not suggesting she asked him for an alibi). All MOO
We don’t know that she didn’t. If the fix news report that they’d looked into him in early days are true then it’s quite possible she called LE and said, “I recognize those short little legs with the pants pooled at the bottom, and the coat and I can’t find his coat in the house”.

So I don’t think throwing shade at his wife is appropriate. For all we know she may be the one that recently found more evidence in their home to prove it was him and her initial instincts weren’t wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member