AR AR - Chelsea Woods, 38, Clinton, 28 Aug 2022 *last seen in the woods near her home*

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
www.fox16.com

Family of Clinton woman missing for months plead for help in search

A woman from Clinton has been reported missing after several attempts to contact her.

Chelsea Woods, 38, was last seen on Aug 28 in the woods near her home.

“I would talk with her quite a bit and her mother every day, and then all of a sudden nothing,” remembers Woods’ aunt, Renee Hastings.

After three days without communication, Hastings called Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office (VBCSO) for a wellness check, but deputies only found an open door, Woods’ cat, but no sign of her.

[...]

According to witnesses quoted from a VBCSO incident report, on Aug 28, Chelsea Woods was “talking all sorts of crazy and she ran out the door into the woods.”

When deputies located Woods, they tried for almost an hour to convince her to return home with no success.

[...]

Chelsea is approximately 5-foot-3, 180 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. If you have seen her or have any information in reference to her whereabouts, please call the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office at (501) 745-2112.

Chelsea's NAMUS page:

I wonder if she currently wears glasses or was wearing them when she went missing. It wasn't mentioned in the article nor is it noted on NamUs. Seems that would be pertinent information in the event they're found in the woods or somewhere else...? MOO

1667354754488.png

"When deputies located Woods, they tried for almost an hour to convince her to return home with no success."

So they found her, tried to convince her to return home and then what? They left her out there? There seems to be information missing from this story.

"When deputies located Woods, they tried for almost an hour to convince her to return home with no success."

So they found her, tried to convince her to return home and then what? They left her out there? There seems to be information missing from this story.
So no one responded to your reply. Did they find her. I know her.

So no one responded to your reply. Did they find her. I know her.
Welcome to Websleuths, Boymom. She is still listed as missing in NamUs. :(

Missing Person / NamUs #MP95027

View NamUs missing person case MP95027 for Chelsea Brooke Woods missing from Clinton, Arkansas. Date of last contact: Aug 28, 2022. NCMEC case number: --.
namus.nij.ojp.gov
namus.nij.ojp.gov

Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office

Upon the family’s request: Chelsea Brooke Woods age 38 was last seen north of Clinton, Arkansas on August 30th 2022. Chelsea is approximately 5’9”, 180 lbs Brown hair and Brown eyes. If you seen her or have any information in reference to her whereabouts, please call the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office at 501-745-2112.

Morrilton Police Department

MPD shared VBSO’s post on Nov 1 with this note. Since it was a shared post, I can’t seem to link directly to it:

Officers have been informed that Chelsea has been possible in the Morrilton area. If anyone has seen her please contact our dispatch or Van Buren County Sheriffs Department.

Last edited:

In my opinion, the wording of the Facebook posts from law enforcement is odd, too. I am not sure how to read between the lines, though. From the reports, it sounds like Chelsea’s behavior was unusual, and family is worried. I hope she returns home okay.

Upon the family’s request: Chelsea Brooke Woods age 38 was last seen north of Clinton, Arkansas on August 30th 2022. Chelsea is approximately 5’9”, 180 lbs Brown hair and Brown eyes. If you seen her or have any information in reference to her whereabouts, please call the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office at 501-745-2112.

MPD shared VBSO’s post on Nov 1 with this note. Since it was a shared post, I can’t seem to link directly to it:

Officers have been informed that Chelsea has been possible in the Morrilton area. If anyone has seen her please contact our dispatch or Van Buren County Sheriffs Department.

Wait, is she 5'9" or 5'3"? The first post says 5'3". Huge difference between the two, both in height and body stature given the weight remains the same.

They likely had no choice. They can't force her to come home or go anywhere else.

www.fox16.com

Family of Clinton woman missing for months plead for help in search

A woman from Clinton has been reported missing after several attempts to contact her.

Chelsea Woods, 38, was last seen on Aug 28 in the woods near her home.

“I would talk with her quite a bit and her mother every day, and then all of a sudden nothing,” remembers Woods’ aunt, Renee Hastings.

After three days without communication, Hastings called Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office (VBCSO) for a wellness check, but deputies only found an open door, Woods’ cat, but no sign of her.

[...]

According to witnesses quoted from a VBCSO incident report, on Aug 28, Chelsea Woods was “talking all sorts of crazy and she ran out the door into the woods.”

When deputies located Woods, they tried for almost an hour to convince her to return home with no success.

[...]

Chelsea is approximately 5-foot-3, 180 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. If you have seen her or have any information in reference to her whereabouts, please call the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office at (501) 745-2112.
I'm sure curious what she was saying that made them consider it "talking all sorts of crazy".

Crazy like, "I hate my job and I'm moving to a cave" or, crazy like "aliens are coming and we have to hide"?

jmo

I'm sure curious what she was saying that made them consider it "talking all sorts of crazy".

Crazy like, "I hate my job and I'm moving to a cave" or, crazy like "aliens are coming and we have to hide"?

jmo
IMO it was more like the latter. I think the former might be described as erratic behavior. Hopefully they'll clarify soon.

DEC 13, 2022
Authorities are still looking for a Clinton, Ark. woman who has been missing since late August.

[...]

A wellness check by sheriff’s deputies three days later only found an open door at Woods’ residence and her cat, but no sign of her. Deputies searched the surrounding area and called for her over one of the patrol unit’s PA systems, but there was no response.

[...]

Wa

Not her In Morrilton
No activity
No sightings
No word
No trace of her and has been missing over 5 months

They called her name. Minimal effort. 3 days later her family called for a welfare check. They called her name again.

I wonder if she currently wears glasses or was wearing them when she went missing. It wasn't mentioned in the article nor is it noted on NamUs. Seems that would be pertinent information in the event they're found in the woods or somewhere else...? MOO

View attachment 377310
Yes, she has to wear her glasses can’t see without them

ADMIN NOTE:

Friends or family members, or others who know the missing person, can not post inside information or knowledge about a case without being verified by Websleuths. The following link explains why we have this process in place and how to apply for verification:

Unless a member is verified, they may not state information as fact without providing links to an approved source such as MSM or LE. Such posts will be removed but reinstated upon verification.

VBSO 2-10-23

The Van Buren County Sheriff's Office along with the Van Buren County Rescue Squad as well as other assisting agencies will be conducting a search for missing person, Chelsea Woods on March 4, 2023.

1677723290237.png

VBSO 2-17-23

In preparation for the up coming March 4th Voluntary grid search for Chelsea Woods, Arkansas State Police & Task force agents assisted Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office in a low altitude reconnaissance fly over to establish & map out our grid search area. Making note of any points of interest. This was a very productive effort and will help in our up coming volunteer search.

VBSO 2-21-23

***Update on the Organized Volunteer search of Chelsea Woods***

On Saturday March 4th. All volunteers will be required to check in with Incident Command and fill out a questionnaire as well as sign a waiver of liability. Check-in will begin at 8am at the Botkinburg 4 Square Church.

For those who wish to volunteer with the search efforts we require volunteers be at-least 18 years of age.

We also ask that volunteers wear the appropriate clothing for this search. The area of interest is a thick wooded area with all sorts of rough terrain.

Again we want to stress that this area that will be searched is probably for the more experienced hiker.

If you have any questions you can contact Lt. Meinke by emailing mmeinke@vbcso.com

MAR 4, 2023
[...]

Saturday, hundreds of first responders gathered to help try to find answers.

“We’ve had with the people at the church, that’s donated their time, rescue workers, people that have signed in volunteers, deputies, we are anywhere in between 125 to 150 people,” Van Buren County Sheriff, Eric Koonce said.

[...]

They began the search at 8 a.m. Saturday morning and went until sunset.

[...]

Police said they did not make contact with Chelsea Woods Saturday and they are conducting interviews, but don’t have any suspects.

Any evidence crews might have found will be sent to the Arkansas State Crime Lab, and the family said this is the first of many steps for the future.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back