Found Deceased AR - Ashley Bush, 33, *31 wks pregnant, met woman online for job interview*, Maysville, 31 October 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep wondering if maybe it wasn't Lucy's intent to kidnap Ashley that day. Maybe her goal was to meet with her this day and several others to solidify a 'friendship' for an act that would be committed much closer to Ashley's due date, but realized (maybe bc of something Ashley said or did?) as she went to drop her off that Ashley realized she and her unborn baby were unsafe with this woman. She might have committed a preplanned crime at an unplanned time. I feel like this would actually be the best case scenario as it leaves a hope that Ashley is being held somewhere until she is further along in her pregnancy and baby + mama can be found safe and sound.

MOO, of course. Really want to see a sketch of Lucy, a picture of a truck similar, if they show up on footage anywhere, and who found the phone. Some articles I have read make it sound like the family found the phone themselves. I can't tell if they were able to tell the approximate location it was in and gave that info to police who found it or if the family found it. If the family found it, I find that suspicious/odd. I have not been in this situation but I would not touch that phone with a 10ft pole. I wouldn't want to do anything that would look weird/make me look guilty.

Im just not understanding the discrepency with the pregnancy related info / dates. Another poster indicated she (Ashley) was 24 weeks on 10/12 as per Ashley on her FB (I don't have FB) and a different poster said as per the fiance's FB he indicated the due date was 1/3/23. However there is an online registry, assuming they created, indicating the due date is 1/4/23. I know its only 1 day off from the fiance, but one would think that they would know the exact due date. But then there is another registry indicating the due date is 1/3/23. If that isn't confusing enough, another poster indicated that Ashley referenced giving birth around Thanksgiving 2022?!?! I understand about "preggo/baby brain" but I can't wrap my mind around all the different pregnancy related dates & postings. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
On October 12 she said she was 24 weeks pregnant. Which doesn't make sense if she's 31 or 32 weeks now. Unless I'm missing something. Maybe it was a typo or a mix up, idk

I think there is something weird about that particular FB site. All posts (by apparently many different people) were posted on Oct 12 at 11:07. It looks like someone aggregated previous posts from various individual's FB pages. I had seen that post of AB's elsewhere and it was dated earlier in Sept and the 24 weeks timeline fit. I also searched the post of another random person's post and it had been posted on their own FB page at and earlier date as well. i.e. I don't think AB made that post on Oct 12.

MOD REMINDER:

Websleuths IS and ALWAYS HAS BEEN VICTIM/FAMILY-FRIENDLY.

That means that family members and friends may NOT BE ACCUSED of any wrong-doing UNLESS/UNTIL they have been named as suspects or POIs in this tragic case. That includes any implications or thinly-veiled accusations or speculations. Family members and friend may NOT BE SLEUTHED - leave their social media alone and don't talk about it here. They are VICTIMS.

It is a serious violation of of Websleuths’ Terms of Service to do so. ALL MEMBERS are expected to follow the TOS we ALL agreed to when we joined. It is especially troubling when long-time members, who should know better, engage in these violations. Thread bans and Time Outs WILL BE ISSUED when this happens.

Please review the social media rules - link found in my signature.

Thank you for your renewed efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the Websleuths TOS. That will insure that your posting privileges are not interrupted.

Hmm. Is Lucy considered missing too, or…?
I would assume yes but she is also a suspect I believe. She drove past Ashley’s fiancé after making eye contact with him and he chased her down but was unable to catch her. He says she offered them baby clothes for the new baby, that sent chills down my spine. She also claimed to work for a company however when the company was contacted they claimed they didn’t have a Lucy working there and they do not hire people off of Facebook. This tells me she is obviously not who she says she is, in my opinion her name probably isn’t even Lucy and she was more than likely targeting Ashley because she’s pregnant due to the kind offerings.

Im just not understanding the discrepency with the pregnancy related info / dates. Another poster indicated she (Ashley) was 24 weeks on 10/12 as per Ashley on her FB (I don't have FB) and a different poster said as per the fiance's FB he indicated the due date was 1/3/23. However there is an online registry, assuming they created, indicating the due date is 1/4/23. I know it’s only 1 day off from the fiance, but one would think that they would know the exact due date. But then there is another registry indicating the due date is 1/3/23. If that isn't confusing enough, another poster indicated that Ashley referenced giving birth around Thanksgiving 2022?!?! I understand about "preggo/baby brain" but I can't wrap my mind around all the different pregnancy related dates & postings. Something seems fishy.
And in an interview with local news the fiancée said she was 32 weeks but measuring like 34 weeks and “could literally pop at any time.” All these different due dates are strange.

MOO

I think there is something weird about that particular FB site. All posts (by apparently many different people) were posted on Oct 12 at 11:07. It looks like someone aggregated previous posts from various individual's FB pages. I had seen that post of AB's elsewhere and it was dated earlier in Sept and the 24 weeks timeline fit. I also searched the post of another random person's post and it had been posted on their own FB page at and earlier date as well. i.e. I don't think AB made that post on Oct 12.
In some FB groups, posts have to be approved by a mod. If the mod only signs on every 4 weeks, all the pending approval posts from the last 4 weeks will be posted at the same time.

Does anyone know where Ashley lives? It would be nice to understand how far it is from the Handi-Stop in Maysville and in which direction.

<modsnip - no link. You think or you saw or you read is not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
And in an interview with local news the fiancée said she was 32 weeks but measuring like 34 weeks and “could literally pop at any time.” All these different due dates are strange.

MOO
Wait, so she was at risk of premature birth at any moment yet she was travelling to and fro for these job interviews? Curiouser and curiouser...

MOO

I explained the incongruous Oct 12 date in my post above. I don't think her original post was actually dated Oct 12. Everything else I've seen has shown a consistent pregnancy timeline, i.e. due beginning of January but expected to deliver early based on medical reviews.

Wait, so she was at risk of premature birth at any moment yet she was travelling to and fro for these job interviews? Curiouser and curiouser...
Well, to be frank "could pop at any time" is a well worn cliche, especially as used by men, to describe the state of being in the "there is literally no more room for this baby inside my body" phase.

Since we are on the subject of trucks (Lucy's truck) I have a totally random question: If you were listing vehicle info to police or to be distributed to the public and you were to say:

"GMC pickup tan color 98 model"
would that make sense?

98 would be the year, Make would be GMC and if you don't know the model, how would you possibly know the year?

Just very randomly asking in case someone were to give car info in that matter

Maybe taillights, or trim, or a different feature like a sliding window or bumper shape that was unique to a certain year?

Im just not understanding the discrepency with the pregnancy related info / dates. Another poster indicated she (Ashley) was 24 weeks on 10/12 as per Ashley on her FB (I don't have FB) and a different poster said as per the fiance's FB he indicated the due date was 1/3/23. However there is an online registry, assuming they created, indicating the due date is 1/4/23. I know its only 1 day off from the fiance, but one would think that they would know the exact due date. But then there is another registry indicating the due date is 1/3/23. If that isn't confusing enough, another poster indicated that Ashley referenced giving birth around Thanksgiving 2022?!?! I understand about "preggo/baby brain" but I can't wrap my mind around all the different pregnancy related dates & postings. <modsnip>
I've birthed two kiddos (haven't managed to break them yet and they're 14 and 8, woo!). I don't remember my 14yo's due date sliding around. I do remember being HUGE and people thinking I could 'pop at any moment' way before my due date. We had her at 35 weeks, and she was in NICU for 10 days.

With the 8yo, his due date was shifted more than once during my pregnancy. Keep in mind - I had grown sick of the act of babymaking a year into trying to get preggo with him at this point - so we were only together once the month prior - so I knew exactly when this little dude was conceived. Even having told them all that, they continued to shift my due date around.

He was just a REALLY FAT BABY. :D

MOO
IMO, due dates are strange. They should almost say 'we think the week of' as a specific date can cause more panic when she may still be pregnant a day or two after that specific due date.

Maybe taillights, or trim, or a different feature like a sliding window or bumper shape that was unique to a certain year?
I think this is exactly how a car gets narrowed down to a specific year(s). My husband can spot cars and what year they are from a mile away - and not just the same types as he has owned. He was born fluent in car. Despite trying my best to learn (even tried making myself flash cards once as this is a strong interest of his and I was trying to be able to be more a part of convo), I cannot speak car.

He cannot speak crochet hooks or yarn no matter how much he tries, so we are even.

That makes sense. I don't use Facebook other than sleuthing so I'm not at all familiar with how Facebook groups work. Maybe the groups admin went and approved a bunch of posts that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member